Vargas Double barrel controller wiring

2008135i

Lurker
Dec 9, 2018
Ride
2008 bmw 135i
Guys, does anyone have wiring info on split second AIC1 controller? I have verified that the controller has good power and ground, and that it does seem to load the fuel map without issue. That said, RPM always reads 2000 rpm, and does not change unless i pull the signal wire off, then it drops to 0 rpm. I check several times that the controller is wired per Vargas install instructions.

Does having 2 step / nls relay effect wiring this controller?

Thanks for the help

Oct 24, 2016
Scottsdale, AZ
Guys, does anyone have wiring info on split second AIC1 controller? I have verified that the controller has good power and ground, and that it does seem to load the fuel map without issue. That said, RPM always reads 2000 rpm, and does not change unless i pull the signal wire off, then it drops to 0 rpm. I check several times that the controller is wired per Vargas install instructions.

Thanks for the help

Sounds to me like your wiring is suspect... how do you have 'er set up?

2008135i

Lurker
Dec 9, 2018
Ride
2008 bmw 135i
Sounds to me like your wiring is suspect... how do you have 'er set up?

Power red wire to same wire powering JB4, black wire to ground, green wire to boost signal pin 10 large black connector (yellow wire on factory wiring), and yellow / black striped wire to pin 21 on gray connector. Just reviewing photos and i realized that the gray connector is labeled 1 to 13 on dme side and 14 to 26 on the other. I'm pretty sure that i counted pin 21 on the side that has all the red wires... Maybe i should be going off pin 21 on the factory harness side?

Oct 24, 2016
Scottsdale, AZ
Power red wire to same wire powering JB4, black wire to ground, green wire to boost signal pin 10 large black connector (yellow wire on factory wiring), and yellow / black striped wire to pin 21 on gray connector. Just reviewing photos and i realized that the gray connector is labeled 1 to 13 on dme side and 14 to 26 on the other. I'm pretty sure that i counted pin 21 on the side that has all the red wires... Maybe i should be going off pin 21 on the factory harness side?
The issue is 99% you have tapped into the wrong pin. ALWAYS tap the factory harness, never a piggyback harness

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i

Thanks for the help

Could you let us know if this was solved? If so provide the answer or mark a solution, thanks!