Vibration upon Coasting

• Login, members don't see Ads!

Rob09msport

Captain
Oct 28, 2017
Monroe CT
It's like forex great rewards with great risk
Anyway you got it down except my diff is stock I never upgraded yet im about to . My turbos took 6 months longer than planned. So I was saying send mine in if they let me and they might because of situation or if not I could sell mine hang on to it or whatever. I know I have decent chance of selling it because it is bolted not welded . Also I know I never really get around to selling anything hence the 3 sets of tires , rims , ignition, injectors, dps etc I could do all maintenance on a stock car and go fbo on another with my basement.

ShocknAwe

Lieutenant
Jan 24, 2018
SC
Good to know. Did they scope it? I was told not to take the cover off as it will void the warranty.

matreyia

Captain
Apr 19, 2017
Good to know. Did they scope it? I was told not to take the cover off as it will void the warranty.
I have not touched a thing. Just took it off the car. The new one is getting installed in the morning. I don't want to complicate warranty issues. So just did straight switch.

Jeffman

Captain
Jan 7, 2017
I have not touched a thing. Just took it off the car. The new one is getting installed in the morning. I don't want to complicate warranty issues. So just did straight switch.
This makes sense. But what a P-I-T-A!

matreyia

Captain
Apr 19, 2017
Now if only there was a way to find no slip gear oil in houston... as it is now, I ordered the oil last week and they are arriving wednesday at the soonest. Too bad nobody has ever tested bmw diff fluid for open differentials on the MFactory lsd. Logically, the open diff oil won't have LSD additives but... I guess now I have to rent a car for a few days.

matreyia

Captain
Apr 19, 2017
Update after new MFactory LSD installation.

I finished installing the new LSD, two rear new axles, rear and front wheel bearings and hubs, M Performance Brake Caliper, M3 ECS Two piece rear rotor and did a test drive on the freeway for 25 miles and city for 10 miles.

Results:
70% E85 MPG = 23 Highway (with 10 miles in city) 80mph

Before LSD replacement:
93 octane MPG = 17 Highway (all highway from Austin to Houston) 80mph

Apparently when your LSD goes bad...it fights your transmission and motor big time. The fact that I am getting 23 MPG on e85 is apeshit.
Previously, E85 yielded 14 MPG on highway. WFT...!!!

Ultra quiet, and smooth in any situation - acceleration, deceleration, normal or spirited driving.

75W90NS Redline Gear Oil. Will change after 500 mile break in period.

• 1Like
Reactions: Jeffman

Rob09msport

Captain
Oct 28, 2017
Monroe CT
Elapsed times like acceleration if you lost that much mpg then it should have an effect at high speeds. The faster you go the worse would be but I am curious how much power it robbed and if would have made your car feel a little slower compared to now that its fixed

matreyia

Captain
Apr 19, 2017
Elapsed times like acceleration if you lost that much mpg then it should have an effect at high speeds. The faster you go the worse would be but I am curious how much power it robbed and if would have made your car feel a little slower compared to now that its fixed
The car feels scary fast now... like when your anus squeezes upon roller coaster freefall. Doesn't matter if you are in city or hwy driving. Put pedal down...anus procedes to squeeze.

• 1Funny
Reactions: Jeffman