Rob09msport

Major
Oct 28, 2017
Monroe CT
Ride
09 335i msport le mans 18 x5
It's like forex great rewards with great risk
Anyway you got it down except my diff is stock I never upgraded yet im about to . My turbos took 6 months longer than planned. So I was saying send mine in if they let me and they might because of situation or if not I could sell mine hang on to it or whatever. I know I have decent chance of selling it because it is bolted not welded . Also I know I never really get around to selling anything hence the 3 sets of tires , rims , ignition, injectors, dps etc I could do all maintenance on a stock car and go fbo on another with my basement.

matreyia

Major
Apr 19, 2017
Ride
335i e93

Yep...bolts.
15648769074956574814909196810066.jpg

Last edited:

matreyia

Major
Apr 19, 2017
Ride
335i e93
Good to know. Did they scope it? I was told not to take the cover off as it will void the warranty.

I have not touched a thing. Just took it off the car. The new one is getting installed in the morning. I don't want to complicate warranty issues. So just did straight switch.

Jeffman

Major
Jan 7, 2017
I have not touched a thing. Just took it off the car. The new one is getting installed in the morning. I don't want to complicate warranty issues. So just did straight switch.
This makes sense. But what a P-I-T-A!

matreyia

Major
Apr 19, 2017
Ride
335i e93
Now if only there was a way to find no slip gear oil in houston... as it is now, I ordered the oil last week and they are arriving wednesday at the soonest. Too bad nobody has ever tested bmw diff fluid for open differentials on the MFactory lsd. Logically, the open diff oil won't have LSD additives but... I guess now I have to rent a car for a few days.

matreyia

Major
Apr 19, 2017
Ride
335i e93
Update after new MFactory LSD installation.

I finished installing the new LSD, two rear new axles, rear and front wheel bearings and hubs, M Performance Brake Caliper, M3 ECS Two piece rear rotor and did a test drive on the freeway for 25 miles and city for 10 miles.

Results:
70% E85 MPG = 23 Highway (with 10 miles in city) 80mph

Before LSD replacement:
93 octane MPG = 17 Highway (all highway from Austin to Houston) 80mph

Apparently when your LSD goes bad...it fights your transmission and motor big time. The fact that I am getting 23 MPG on e85 is apeshit.
Previously, E85 yielded 14 MPG on highway. WFT...!!!

Ultra quiet, and smooth in any situation - acceleration, deceleration, normal or spirited driving.

75W90NS Redline Gear Oil. Will change after 500 mile break in period.

Reactions: Jeffman

Rob09msport

Major
Oct 28, 2017
Monroe CT
Ride
Elapsed times like acceleration if you lost that much mpg then it should have an effect at high speeds. The faster you go the worse would be but I am curious how much power it robbed and if would have made your car feel a little slower compared to now that its fixed

matreyia

Major
Apr 19, 2017
Ride
335i e93
Elapsed times like acceleration if you lost that much mpg then it should have an effect at high speeds. The faster you go the worse would be but I am curious how much power it robbed and if would have made your car feel a little slower compared to now that its fixed

The car feels scary fast now... like when your anus squeezes upon roller coaster freefall. Doesn't matter if you are in city or hwy driving. Put pedal down...anus procedes to squeeze.

• Funny
Reactions: Jeffman

matreyia

Major
Apr 19, 2017
Ride
335i e93
Update: Synchrotech has repaired my old unit and has confirmed it was the loose bolts issue. They are sending the repaired unit back to me by end of week.

Rob09msport

Major
Oct 28, 2017
Monroe CT
Ride
The car feels scary fast now... like when your anus squeezes upon roller coaster freefall. Doesn't matter if you are in city or hwy driving. Put pedal down...anus procedes to squeeze.
That's the best thing in the world
Sad face broken car
Mad face pay fix car
Happy face realize car was not hundred percent and you had no clue before hand
Repeat 1 month later and we have the n54 life cycle

Rob09msport

Major
Oct 28, 2017
Monroe CT
Ride
Update: Synchrotech has repaired my old unit and has confirmed it was the loose bolts issue. They are sending the repaired unit back to me by end of week.
You are getting a full pumpkin back right . And it's stock auto gearing. Did they give new lsd and bearings or just replace bolts and put back together and how much you want for it?

matreyia

Major
Apr 19, 2017
Ride
335i e93
You are getting a full pumpkin back right . And it's stock auto gearing. Did they give new lsd and bearings or just replace bolts and put back together and how much you want for it?

It arrived yesterday and I have not opened the box. Make an offer and I will see if it is worth it for both of us. Yes, it is automatica. 6hp21. I do not know what they did. But I can ask.

Rob09msport

Major
Oct 28, 2017
Monroe CT
Ride
It arrived yesterday and I have not opened the box. Make an offer and I will see if it is worth it for both of us. Yes, it is automatica. 6hp21. I do not know what they did. But I can ask.
I am trying to figure out driveshaft mfactory said no interest for our car so they dropped it for the propshaft but I remember reading about a driveshaft for m3 conversions and I also am reading about a 3 bolt 135i connection that may be able to be used I dont think I will have to worry since dct is very long gear with alot more torque applied to that connection and driveshaft then man and auto is the least I will PM you to talk numbers and take from their.