VIDEO: Motiv Single Turbo Kit + My Experience with VI Engineered

Clean WHP

Corporal
Apr 24, 2017
Ride
2010 135i Msport 6MT
Hey all, I wanted to make this thread and link this video here to be as informative as possible. I ordered a VIE kit May 1st of this past summer and Paid for it in full. After 4 months of getting the run around and playing BS games, I decided enough was finally enough and I was gonna go a different route. For those interested, the second half of the video talks about some of my experience with VIE. Usually Im the kind of guy that likes to give the vendor the benefit of the doubt, but I can confidently say based off my experience I DO NOT recommend VIE for a single turbo kit. Not only was the wait time extremely long, but the communication was terrible, shipping arrangements were very hard to coordinate, and after 4 months I was still missing pieces of the kit (Mac Solenoid, Air filter, turbo oil/coolant flanges) Lastly some small pieces of the kit like oil/coolant lines were very cheap and low quality, and the turbo blanket looks like an exact copy of an ebay blanket..

After all the games and BS I had gone through I knew it was time to go a different route. So I sold my VIE kit before it was even installed and bought a used Motiv 800 Kit!! Motiv has always been my favorite kit hands down and I got lucky to find one for sale from a buddy I could trust, with it being ready to go with no funny business. Here is a video of an unboxing/close up with the Motiv kit and some more info on my VIE experience.

Just wanted to share shis so anyone considering either of the two kits can have some insight. Especially anyone considering the VIE kit, cause like I said above, after buying one I do not recommend it at all.

Clean WHP

Corporal
Apr 24, 2017
Ride
2010 135i Msport 6MT
I paid for my VIE kit in full over 100 days ago. Turbo kit still hasn't been shipped out to me.

sheeeesh. I think of FB they were saying they were gonna stop selling to N54 community cause some how, as customers, its our fault. Hope they make it right with everyone before they pull out. I know of others who are still waiting

• Agree
Reactions: Torgus

LoBoost

Sergeant
Dec 22, 2017
Ride
2008 135i, 2014 GTR
Have you reached out to him?

Yep. A few excuses and nothing shipped.

"Working on last run of downpipes next week and then your kit will be ready"

Another two weeks goes by without any updates,

"Waiting on an order of block fittings to come in and then your kit will be ready"

That was the past month or so. I've tried to be patient, but this guy has had 6k of my money for almost a third of a year and hasn't given me anything I've paid for .

• Sad
Reactions: myLilTurbo

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
All the extenuating circumstances mean absolutely nothing to me, personally. I don't know what it is with N54 vendors and not delivering stuff on time. You either got what you agreed to or you haven't. There is always some excuse like powder coater or something isn't in stock or ceramic guy went out of town, blah blah. What those people mean is:

"I didn't have the finances to justify putting product on the shelf, so I had to build to order and I chose unreliable vendors as my sources".

LoBoost

Sergeant
Dec 22, 2017
Ride
2008 135i, 2014 GTR
All the extenuating circumstances mean absolutely nothing to me, personally. I don't know what it is with N54 vendors and not delivering stuff on time. You either got what you agreed to or you haven't. There is always some excuse like powder coater or something isn't in stock or ceramic guy went out of town, blah blah. What those people mean is:

"I didn't have the finances to justify putting product on the shelf, so I had to build to order and I chose unreliable vendors as my sources".

I'm honestly angry with myself for not picking a more reputable vendor (Doc Race).

I opened a credit card dispute against VIE a few weeks ago. I suppose I'll eventually get my kit, or my money back.

The thing that really sucks is that this could possibly screw up the build I had planned for when I make it back to the States. I'm tempted to just shell out another 5-6k on a doc race kit.

If I hadn't spent a fortune on Syvecs, and a new set of CCW wheels that are still being made I'd probably sell my 135i and move on to something LS powered for a project car.

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
I'm honestly angry with myself for not picking a more reputable vendor (Doc Race).

I opened a credit card dispute against VIE a few weeks ago. I suppose I'll eventually get my kit, or my money back.

The thing that really sucks is that this could possibly screw up the build I had planned for when I make it back to the States. I'm tempted to just shell out another 5-6k on a doc race kit.

If I hadn't spent a fortune on Syvecs, and a new set of CCW wheels that are still being made I'd probably sell my 135i and move on to something LS powered for a project car.

The key to chargebacks is making sure you know the rules. A chargeback is initially decided by the issuing bank(your financial institution). If you lose, you can dispute it again with something called arbitration, that case is decided by the card network, Visa, Mastercard, American Express, etc. The loser pays the money plus an arbitration fee, could be as high as $500.

Clean WHP

Corporal
Apr 24, 2017
Ride
2010 135i Msport 6MT
VIE kept giving me the same exact kind of excuses. thats how I knew I was actually being lied too, cause everyone else waiting on a VIE kit was getting word for word the same excuses and it just started to sound fishy. also i was told from the very beginning the exact turbo I ordered with my kit (GTX3582R gen 2) was in their shop ready to ship as soon as the kit was done. every day/week that went buy they kept saying that, and then 4 months later when the kit shipping and i finally got tracking info for the turbo, it was shipping from CA... where their shop is in colorado.. I knew he was lying to me all along cause everytime I asked for pics he would dodge the question and provide no pics.

LoBoost

Sergeant
Dec 22, 2017
Ride
2008 135i, 2014 GTR
Quick update,

The bank is refunding my purchase with VIE, and I have emailed Jon and told him not to bother shipping me anything, and that my bank will be recovering my funds.

DCook

Sergeant
May 25, 2018
Ride
08 BMW e92
Quick update,

The bank is refunding my purchase with VIE, and I have emailed Jon and told him not to bother shipping me anything, and that my bank will be recovering my funds.

Time for a docrace kit!!