Violent transmission shift: 6HP19 AT xHP Stage 3

matreyia

Major
Apr 19, 2017
Ride
335i e93
What are your adaptation values in xhp?

I flashed back to PD stock calibration for tuning purposes. With PD calibration the car shifts ultrasmooth, however WOT or over 50% pedal runs into torque limiter and causes enginr to reduce fuel and thus creates rpm oscillations.

On stage 3 xhp, car runs smooth on normal pedal input but jerky and lurching and violent shifting...and indecisive back and forth shifts.

Ideally the car would shift smooth like stock Pd with fast shift times of stage 3. Thus far it has been one or the other, not both.

I don't know, maybe my unit is not put together correctly and your will show no issues with xhp. At this point there is no way of finding out short of disassembly and inspection of bushings and discs. So far the converter was replaced, soleboids, sonnax...and it shifted a little better. But never to the previous smoothness.

Rob09msport

Major
Oct 28, 2017
Monroe CT
Ride
09 335i msport le mans 18 x5
No your adaptation values like clutch shift times and pressures you can see them with the app even when using stock flash it can give alot of insight into what's happening or going wrong.

Rob09msport

Major
Oct 28, 2017
Monroe CT
Ride
Like these

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190306-183057_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190306-183057_Chrome.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 689

Rob09msport

Major
Oct 28, 2017
Monroe CT
Ride
Yes that's not mine I'll find mine and upload I just did a quick search to show example. You go to menu like when you would read fault codes and it has another option to see the internal values that get used to preserve shift quality as parts wear.

Reactions: Jeffman

Jeffman

Major
Jan 7, 2017
Yes that's not mine I'll find mine and upload I just did a quick search to show example. You go to menu like when you would read fault codes and it has another option to see the internal values that get used to preserve shift quality as parts wear.
Thanks for the advice. Super helpful. I’ll take a look tomorrow.

matreyia

Major
Apr 19, 2017
Ride
335i e93
No your adaptation values like clutch shift times and pressures you can see them with the app even when using stock flash it can give alot of insight into what's happening or going wrong.

Yeah, but don't I have to drive the car on the particular flash I chose and wait for adaptations to settle in before inspecting for diagnostic purposes? So I have reflashed to stock PD calibration and Twisted is going to try to adjust his tunes to the PD calibration to see if the car can reach full power potential under PD shifting calibration before going on to xHP calibrations.

I did logs for Twisted last weekend while flashed to xHP stage 3.

The stock PD flash is not the problem. Xhp stage 3 is the problem. That is why I haven't bothered to snapshot. I am on Pd at the moment.

Rob09msport

Major
Oct 28, 2017
Monroe CT
Ride
Yeah, but don't I have to drive the car on the particular flash I chose and wait for adaptations to settle in before inspecting for diagnostic purposes? So I have reflashed to stock PD calibration and Twisted is going to try to adjust his tunes to the PD calibration to see if the car can reach full power potential under PD shifting calibration before going on to xHP calibrations.

I did logs for Twisted last weekend while flashed to xHP stage 3.

The stock PD flash is not the problem. Xhp stage 3 is the problem. That is why I haven't bothered to snapshot. I am on Pd at the moment.
No these are the values that are internal only reset with standard tools and you have to do that drive cycle 5 times the ones that never get reset. You will be able to see If a clutch is at the edge or if your losing pressure and it's compensating. Maybe stage 3 just pushes past its corrective ability. Pretend like these are bios settings and xhp is driver tweaks . These are the base values that xhp works off of. Basically this is like the sizes of shims for a carrier or actually best analogy is a throw out bearing that self adjusts as clutch wears ,you would never reset unless replacing clutch.

matreyia

Major
Apr 19, 2017
Ride
335i e93
No these are the values that are internal only reset with standard tools and you have to do that drive cycle 5 times the ones that never get reset. You will be able to see If a clutch is at the edge or if your losing pressure and it's compensating. Maybe stage 3 just pushes past its corrective ability. Pretend like these are bios settings and xhp is driver tweaks . These are the base values that xhp works off of. Basically this is like the sizes of shims for a carrier or actually best analogy is a throw out bearing that self adjusts as clutch wears ,you would never reset unless replacing clutch.

Well then, I will take a snapshot next time I get a chance.

Itsbrokeagain

Corporal
Jan 28, 2018
Strong Island
Ride
E70 X5d, E39 528iT, E46 325xi
Im gonna get the info of the guy the diesel group uses who does our trans tuning. He may be able to help you out. he tunes on top of standard xhp files and its a very noticable difference.

Rob09msport

Major
Oct 28, 2017
Monroe CT
Ride
I appreciate the referral. Unfortunately I do not have a FB account.
Can you post your adaptation values I'm curious to see if their are any clues to the source if your problem. Also the new feature to control torque reduction during shift may be exactly what you need cause many people complain that stage 3 feels like granny shifting cause of the abrupt power cut then reintroduction to facilitate the faster shift.

Rob09msport

Major
Oct 28, 2017
Monroe CT
Ride
That's why stage 3 is not considered a street tune with factory quality shifts they rec stage 2 for that.

matreyia

Major
Apr 19, 2017
Ride
335i e93
Can you post your adaptation values I'm curious to see if their are any clues to the source if your problem. Also the new feature to control torque reduction during shift may be exactly what you need cause many people complain that stage 3 feels like granny shifting cause of the abrupt power cut then reintroduction to facilitate the faster shift.

matreyia

Major
Apr 19, 2017
Ride
335i e93
I dunno but some of those numbers are pretty far off to me. But then again, Im not too sure what im lookn at. ‍

Uh... 750 units is the max range. these numbers are well within that range.