VPG 777 WHP DI ONLY

Oct 24, 2016
Scottsdale, AZ
Specifically the part where he says he went through 2 HPFPs. @Chris@VargasTurboTech I saw your post asking the customer to contact you. What was the outcome, was the situation resolved?

The situation was resolved prior to me getting involved -I just wanted more info from a test perspective. The actual pump mechanisms were undamaged, it had to do with the pump mounting method and alignment of the drive spline. Unfortunately since I didn't see the parts first hand I don't know if it was installation (most likely) or one slipped through out of spec (not likely but technically possible). Regardless, moving forward we saw some room for a little refinement; nothing worth calling it revision 2 or anything, more of a marginally better construction method process on our end that makes the final product even stronger.

Chris

DR-JEKL

Private
Jan 16, 2017
You guys have done a few GC giveaways, how about a double shotgun giveaway?

Seems to be little info out there, would be good to see a forum member start posting up some feedback :)

Reactions: titium

Kervio

Private
Jan 7, 2017
Have you ever considered doing a groupbuy on the Single/Double barrel? I am currently in the market for more fueling and I'm leaning towards PI but I can easily be swayed towards this solution if it was priced attractively

Reactions: Sshec152

Flinchy

Private
Nov 5, 2016
Australia
i followed up on a rhd install, the compressor housings and outlets to FMIC required custom fabrication for it to all fit satisfactorily.
you in melb. or syd?

I'm in melb. What was done in the install you saw?

This is actually not the case. Nizpro modified them as they wanted to do it a little different. The RHD housings will fit perfect with either the RB Silicone charge pipe, or a custom charge pipe. No modifications are needed to the compressor housings at all.

What was modded for what reason if you know and or can share?

So vtt outlet won't suit? I was strongly considering custom piping anyway.

Oct 24, 2016
Scottsdale, AZ
We got reports of a few guys who made our outlet work, but looks like it's more of a PITA than it's worth. Wish we had a RHD test car here. You can bypass this issue by modifying ours or just get the RB silicone charge pipe; fitment is perfect for RHD vehicles on the RB unit.

Rob@RBTurbo

Lieutenant
Dec 7, 2016
St. Louis, MO USA
www.rbturbo.com
Ride
'08 335i, '14 M6, '15 Tundra
We got reports of a few guys who made our outlet work, but looks like it's more of a PITA than it's worth. Wish we had a RHD test car here. You can bypass this issue by modifying ours or just get the RB silicone charge pipe; fitment is perfect for RHD vehicles on the RB unit.

Just as an fyi we have longer end "GC" style outlets in stock now too, you can email us at [email protected] if interested. We suspect the longer ends should help installs as they slip over the GC housing outlet as opposed to attaching to an adapter.

titium

Private
Nov 8, 2016
Australia
Just as an fyi we have longer end "GC" style outlets in stock now too, you can email us at [email protected] if interested. We suspect the longer ends should help installs as they slip over the GC housing outlet as opposed to attaching to an adapter.

Rob do you know if anybody has test fitted/installed these on rhd? Considering going gc lites but only if I am 100% sure they'll fit without issues.

Rob@RBTurbo

Lieutenant
Dec 7, 2016
St. Louis, MO USA
www.rbturbo.com
Ride
'08 335i, '14 M6, '15 Tundra
Rob do you know if anybody has test fitted/installed these on rhd? Considering going gc lites but only if I am 100% sure they'll fit without issues.

We have shipped out around 6 RB High Flow N54 Silicone RHD Outlet "GC Specific" sets now but only couple have said all was well, the rest have been crickets which is also typically a good thing. The general consensus is that there is no running around trying to figure out how to make things work or beating up hands and spending extra hundreds in the process, it's pretty intuitive as they were literally designed for RHD. There are some Install threads on these things on the Aussie boards as well. One more thing is that OUR RHD outlets will NOT work with TFT inlets as our rear outlet uses the same path as your TFT rear inlet (routes behind the steering column). Hope all is well posting in this thread- just addressing a concern related to the competitive product's compatibility with our product (to the best of my knowledge).