VTT Billet VC Redesign for the top mount guys..

Oct 24, 2016
Scottsdale, AZ
Got a few requests, and a bunch of people bitching that our VC did not fit some top mount kits where the turbo is basically mounted against the stock VC. So Tony had his CAD guy whip up a redesign. We are having a small batch of 10 billet made and will have them on the site once finished. Once we sell out of the current batch of cast VC's will implement this change into those as well. Everyone can stop whining now...:kissingheart:

Top Mount VC 2 .jpg
Top Mount VC 3 .jpg
Top Mount VC 4 .jpg
Top Mount VC 5 .jpg

Last edited:

The Convert

Captain
Jun 4, 2017
Ride
What area was changed and how? I’m sure I’m not the only person who isn’t intimately familiar with every curve of the VC.

Oct 24, 2016
Scottsdale, AZ
Looks great. Any plans for a lightweight or magnesium option in the future with anodizing?
ETA of when this would be available?
We can have magnesium made at any time. We posted pricing somewhere, it's expensive but not outrageous. We sent a 3D printed sample off to a Single turbo guy today to confirm fitment. If no changes are needed Billet will be available in about 30 days. Cast prob 3-4 months as we need to sell out of our current batch before we order more.

Chris

Last edited:

ShocknAwe

Captain
Jan 24, 2018
Charleston, SC
Ride
N54/3 1er ///Mutt
WE can have magnesium made at any time. We posted pricing somewhere, it's expensive but not outrageous. We sent a 3D printed sample off to a Single turbo guy today to confirm it fit. It no changes are needed Billet will be available in about 30 days. Cast prob 3-4 months as we need to sell out of our current batch before we order more.

Chris

Curious on cost and weight for mag with this new design. Let me know if you would. Need to replace the VC anyway so trying to decide whether to install the new plastic OE piece I have on my bench or go with yours.

Oct 24, 2016
Scottsdale, AZ
Curious on cost and weight for mag with this new design. Let me know if you would. Need to replace the VC anyway so trying to decide whether to install the new plastic OE piece I have on my bench or go with yours.
It's in our cast VC announcement thread somewhere near the beginning I believe. Edit: Found it:

A heads up for anyone who is sick of waiting we should have all our Cast VC's in red, and black in about 2 weeks. We have already sold 5, we ordered 25, so 20 left in various colors. ALSO, we have confirmation we can do a magnesium VC in BILLET CNC for $1900 (No it's not cheap, we are barely putting anything on top of that, they are not comfortable casting Mag currently so they only offered it to us in Billet). Immediate availability. It will weigh 1/3 less than an aluminum version so think around 6lbs, or less than a stock VC.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: doublespaces

ShocknAwe

Captain
Jan 24, 2018
Charleston, SC
Ride
N54/3 1er ///Mutt
Think cast mag will ever be an option? 2k for billet mag is good pricing for the product but a bit rich for my blood for what I need a VC to do.

Oct 24, 2016
Scottsdale, AZ
Mag is always going to be more expensive than aluminum. Cost savings wise in aerospace they're shifting from mag to aluminum and making up weight savings elsewhere. It's awesome material, just not a great value for the dollar. We can check in from time to time and see if anything changed to drive the price down but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Chris