BQTuning

Corporal
Jul 18, 2017
www.bqtuning.com
Ride
E89 Z4 35i 6MT M Sport
Got the stand alone going and all i can say is wow

Im only running 15psi and its an absolute silky smooth monster

There was something in my ikmos ecu that the pr coils weren't running to their full potential but justin fixed it. Wow did he fix it

Cant wait to see tbe byatch run 21 psi she is going to be insane

When V8bait gets your map done please post at least a 3rd gear WOT log if you and him are ok with it before track. The WOT onset will demonstrate the best performance of the fueling system since more torque is being distributed.

Thanks

- Dimitri

Last edited:

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
Got the stand alone going and all i can say is wow

Im only running 15psi and its an absolute silky smooth monster

There was something in my ikmos ecu that the pr coils weren't running to their full potential but justin fixed it. Wow did he fix it

Cant wait to see tbe byatch run 21 psi she is going to be insane
Stand alone? Do you mean you went flash only?

martymil

Major General
Sep 6, 2017
Down Under
Ride
S65 1m
When V8bait gets your map done please post at least a 3rd gear WOT log if you and him are ok with it before track. The WOT onset will demonstrate the best performance of the fueling system since more torque is being distributed.

Thanks

- Dimitri

Not a problem

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
Yes flash only

v8bait is good, he tunes my car, and he's got all the experience with the double shotgun already so I'm sure it will be great. I'd like to hear all your honest feedback because I'm considering this as well, I just don't need more than 700 really and I have a spare hpfp already.

V8bait

Lieutenant
Nov 2, 2016
Texas
All his logs are his to do what he wants with, even ugly base maps lol. Here's the ugly base map log from 3rd gear he sent me (ok, it's not THAT ugly) http://datazap.me/u/v8bait/milewski-base-map?log=0&data=3-6-16-17-22-23-24-25-27&solo=22&zoom=0-38

HPFP is hitting the target I specified, which isn't quite as high as Tony likes to see (3,000psi because racecar) but this is just 15psi on RB classics lol. It's swimming along just fine. The shotguns are actually easier to tune than PI, you only need to deal with 3 tables to get it right. Although it's not 100% intuitive the changes you have to make initially, if anyone is interested I can discuss it. It's not a secret or anything fancy like that.

Sometimes I wonder why you guys trust me with your cars, I just found out yesterday that the 1M has a different software version lol. I thought that all the cool cars were INA0S :screamcat:

Last edited:

martymil

Major General
Sep 6, 2017
Down Under
Ride
S65 1m
Well the car is running insane, you can actually feel the clutch skipping on the flywheel

Theres a big problem and its a huge one

No traction lol and cant grab a hwy log

Have to wait till monday for a dyno session

martymil

Major General
Sep 6, 2017
Down Under
Ride
S65 1m
Well I ran into an electrical issue with my car but all fixed now, should have a few logs later.

Things are looking great, car is making the same power at much lower boost with the standalone and e85.

Car is a lot smoother and no issues and the M button is finally working again

One of the best features on the 1m

Driving miss daisy mode and all out crazy, with the power increase its more pronounced than before.

It feels like a nitrous kicking in so to speak.

The only thing I miss about the jb4 is being able to tune my own boost targets.

V8bait has made a few nice changes to the flash and the fuel rail pressures are much more stable
and the best part about all this it hauls mother trucking ass consistently time after time.

But don't take my word for it, logs will be here soon.

martymil

Major General
Sep 6, 2017
Down Under
Ride
S65 1m
20170912_162836.jpg three runs and consitency is the key here, all back to back runs

martymil

Major General
Sep 6, 2017
Down Under
Ride
S65 1m
The fab factory, jd big mutha ic and the double barrel which is the final piece and key to the puzzle making all this possible

As i always stated im not aming for massive power, its all about usability, consistantancy and repeatability

Anyone can get a glory run or output but can it be repeated and thats where most cars fall short

The double barrel and v8baits tuning is going to help me all those things and i can finally enjoy driving my car and the way it should have come from the factory

V8bait

Lieutenant
Nov 2, 2016
Texas
There's a lot more in the car, lol just got things rolling and he's on the dyno. I think it needs a few more kWhatevers brought in up top to flatten things out but I'm glad he's happy. As soon as there's a good log to post I'll throw the actual thing up unless he wants to just throw one of the WIP ones out there, but here's V3 with a failing LPFP. The double barrel is doing it's job well despite 31psi LPFP dips.

upload_2017-9-12_18-29-57.png

Reactions: BQTuning

Dreyo27

Corporal
Nov 28, 2016
Sacramento
Ride
2007 335i 2008 535i
This is an awesome thread an a review on kit. This convinced me to go with the VTT kit. Now just have to find a decent deal on the kit and additional HPFP

martymil

Major General
Sep 6, 2017
Down Under
Ride
S65 1m
The stage 3 pump just cant keep up or the lpfp sensor is failing

I had an older sensor i tried which makes thing a little better, but I think i have to get a new one

Maybe the lpfp is just no keeping up with the high demand of the hpfp's

Few things to try tomorrow.