PROMO VTT E9X N55 Twin Turbo conversion 500-750WHP capable. Starting Under $4000

JQuach07

Aug 1, 2017
Ride
M235i
Wow this is very interesting. I wish I didn't rush on the big turbo kit on my F-Series n55 now

Nov 5, 2016
Bay Area
These upgrades that will ONLY work with the GC's. Our original goal was to allow any N54 turbochargers to be used including stock turbos etc. But the space constraints did not allow that. You have to be able to reclock the turbos for everything to fit. This means the turbos have to be on V-bands like the GC's are, other wise its a no go

tkong

Lurker
Nov 9, 2016
Saint Louis
These upgrades that will ONLY work with the GC's. Our original goal was to allow any N54 turbochargers to be used including stock turbos etc. But the space constraints did not allow that. You have to be able to reclock the turbos for everything to fit. This means the turbos have to be on V-bands like the GC's are, other wise its a no go
Ah that makes sense. Thank you for the quick reply.

Do you have any dyno comparison between the GC lite n55 dyno vs an n54? I figure its an apple to oranges comparison, but I would be curious to see if there is any obvious differences.

Last edited:

Bnks334

Lieutenant
Dec 1, 2016
New York
Ah that makes sense. Thank you for the quick reply.

Do you have any dyno comparison between the GC lite n55 dyno vs an n54? I figure its an apple to oranges comparison, but I would be curious to see if there is any obvious differences.

You can always review their N54 dynos. N55 should make the same, if not more, power with the same setup.

Problem with big twins is that the torque down low tends to break things

Bnks334

Lieutenant
Dec 1, 2016
New York
Keep in mind Ken used this EXACT map for his PS2 N55, it made almost 85WHP less, and spooled much slower. When I sent him the 91 Oct street log we did, he was like LOL, you need about 2030% less WGDC than I do to make the same boost. There really is no comparison, and the best news. To get the performance of a hybrid N55 upgrade run at the edge of its efficiency, you only have to run these a fraction as hard. Its really a game changer for the platform. Now if we can figure out these damn crank hubs!

As for the shotgun, we wanted to run this car on PI, as that is a more popular choice so people can see what it would do without the shotgun

Yeah for sure I've been holding out for better options than PS2. I'd like to steer away from having to drive a turbo outside of its efficiency range to hold power up top. I would also really like to stay DI only to make that 550whp.

Was this a DCT car dyno'd? Same sprocket as the S55 DCT hub that BMW has used since 2001?

Nov 5, 2016
Bay Area
Yeah for sure I've been holding out for better options than PS2. I'd like to steer away from having to drive a turbo outside of its efficiency range to hold power up top. I would also really like to stay DI only to make that 550whp.

Was this a DCT car dyno'd? Same sprocket as the S55 DCT hub that BMW has used since 2001?
This car is a manual. I ordered a new hub, its a different part number than the N54, and S55.

Reactions: Bnks334

all4bspinnin

Corporal
Jun 12, 2017
Ride
135i TT
If anyone is interested in logs.

Runfile #4 550WHP/533WTQWedge E85 map with 91 OCT boost around 23-24 psi
http://www.datazap.me/u/vargasturbotech/vtt-n55-gc-conversion-testing?log=0&data=4-13&zoom=20-85

Runefile #20 597WHP/578WTQ Wedge E85 map with untouched WDGC table around 26-27 psi
http://www.datazap.me/u/vargasturbotech/vtt-n55-gc-conversion-testing?log=1&data=3-12&zoom=26-85

Tony, did Ken say anything about those timing corrections around 2k to 3k?

Nice job with the swap. I love the idea.

Nov 5, 2016
Bay Area
Tony, did Ken say anything about those timing corrections around 2k to 3k?

Nice job with the swap. I love the idea.
Ken didn't do any tuning on the car directly. He sent me a starter map that he was running on his car, and I did all the tweaking on it, well before the hub spun. Wasn't really concerned with the corrections. 100,000 mile motor, could be any number of things. Power was there, and was smooth, DME was doing its job pulling timing if it was hearing knock.

For anyone who was wondering, I can confirm the crank bolt backed out, and let the valves say hello to the pistons. The got into a bit of a scuffle. The pistons won. We will replacing the head, hub assembly, and putting a Crank bolt capture on it. They seem to use the same one as the S55.

• Funny
Reactions: doublespaces

all4bspinnin

Corporal
Jun 12, 2017
Ride
135i TT
Ken didn't do any tuning on the car directly. He sent me a starter map that he was running on his car, and I did all the tweaking on it, well before the hub spun. Wasn't really concerned with the corrections. 100,000 mile motor, could be any number of things. Power was there, and was smooth, DME was doing its job pulling timing if it was hearing knock.

For anyone who was wondering, I can confirm the crank bolt backed out, and let the valves say hello to the pistons. The got into a bit of a scuffle. The pistons won. We will replacing the head, hub assembly, and putting a Crank bolt capture on it. They seem to use the same one as the S55.

Damn man, sorry to hear about the failure. Have you been seeing more and more of these crank hub issues?