VTT

buster84

Corporal
Mar 24, 2018
Ride
335 bmw xdrive
Sweet Meme Tony, checkmate without even moving a piece.:tonguewink:

I think you missed the meaning of the meme. Yes, it does claim checkmate with no pieces moved just like you said; however, that is the point of the meme. Claiming that the game is over and your in checkmate with no proof of an actual checkmate.

I'm not going to get involved in the arguing I'm just posting to explain the meme.

• Agree
Reactions: Rob@RBTurbo

Rob09msport

Major
Oct 28, 2017
Monroe CT
Ride
09 335i msport le mans 18 x5
Now I might be wrong but doesn't flow increase exponentially with diameter like 3 inch exhaust flows same as dual 2.5 so wouldn't a 2 inch flow the same as both 1.5 inch because less surface area causing drag? I have no technical back up and could be completely wrong I just know less volume single pipe flows more than two smaller pipes of larger total volume basically these should be fine i would think.

Rob09msport

Major
Oct 28, 2017
Monroe CT
Ride
09 335i msport le mans 18 x5
Btw I have followed these forums for years and never get involved didn't even register until year or two ago and I have to say tony got screwed cause he couldn't just reach through computer and knock people out that deserve it this platform is great but like anything their are people that try to find any way to save or get out of costly repairs which we have allot of because well bmw it's like saying dinner tastes funny to get half off and Tony is very skeptical of random claims but anything proven or legitimate he has backed up and done right thing which is what matters everyone defends their work and product is human nature but many times now people attack his products which I guess is byproduct of success and he lets frustration get the better which may not be professorial but once again he admitted his fault and hired Chris the most mature thing he could do and Chris has been great mediator and interpretor lol I just hate seeing someone get bashed for defending themselves one thing I can say is he never randomly attacks competing products without being instigated doesn't mean is right I just think people should put themselves In his shoes before calling him a dick people can only take so much .

Terry@BMS

Sergeant
Platinum Vendor
Jan 23, 2017
I think the claim was that they flow worse than stock. The flow data shows that isn't the case. It's true that unless you port the turbo side outlet to match you won't get the full flow benefit. But still looks like a nice upgrade over stock to me.

• Disagree
Reactions: Ilkka

Rob@RBTurbo

Lieutenant
Dec 7, 2016
St. Louis, MO USA
www.rbturbo.com
Ride
'08 335i, '14 M6, '15 Tundra
I think the claim was that they flow worse than stock. The flow data shows that isn't the case. It's true that unless you port the turbo side outlet to match you won't get the full flow benefit. But still looks like a nice upgrade over stock to me.

100% agree that the aftermarket outlet would be more ideal in a scenario where the compressor housings are ported to larger specs of say 1.4", and if that is disclosed then that is great. The thing is nothing has been disclosed nor are any of the housings (OE, China frame, GC/Zage, etc) even close to those specs and actually they match the OE transitional adapter rather nicely.

Additionally to bolster the aftermarket outlet flow test due to lack of the transitional adapter, IMO is shady but fairly typical for those marketing/sales types of the world.

All the above aside though, the merger still needs some help. Anyone who has even a bit of fab experience could see this by a quick observation. It is ok Rome wasn't built in a day, there is time to improve it all down the road.

Rob

• Agree
Reactions: Sshec152 and Ilkka

martymil

Major General
Sep 6, 2017
Down Under
Ride
S65 1m
I've seen a number of silcone outlets fail due to what ever reason mainly due to faulty install

I myself will be getting the alloy one and redesign the rear outlet pipe for the rhd guys

I'm not comfortable with running silicone this close to turbos but that's me

Never seen an alloy one fail

Rob@RBTurbo

Lieutenant
Dec 7, 2016
St. Louis, MO USA
www.rbturbo.com
Ride
I've seen a number of silcone outlets fail due to what ever reason mainly due to faulty install

I myself will be getting the alloy one and redesign the rear outlet pipe for the rhd guys

I'm not comfortable with running silicone this close to turbos but that's me

Never seen an alloy one fail

Aluminum outlets would actually be our first choice as well and this is of no question or dispute, and wouldn't you know we actually do NOT even sell one. Go figure recommend something we don't even sell... nah who does that.

At any rate our Silicone outlets have been great, but we are sure they have a much quicker half life than aluminum even if all is fitted perfectly- it is just a matter of time and heat cycles with silicone especially on the outlet set where they are constantly exposed to significant turbo outlet temps.

IMO if you were to make a RHD aluminum outlet, you could just as easily use the OEM front section and fab up an unsquished rear turbo "tail" section... or buy the PSP for the sweet front side/merge and just the same fab in your rear turbo "tail" section.

Rob

Last edited:

martymil

Major General
Sep 6, 2017
Down Under
Ride
S65 1m
We already have a modified rear section but its not ideal.

I like how tony made the front section and it saves me a lot of time on R&D

If all I have to do is replace the front section with something off the shelf and just fab up a rear section
its a no brainer and cost effective.

I'm not going to get into a debate of what works best or flow bench data.

The product works, looks great, its cheap and saves me big dollars

Rob@RBTurbo

Lieutenant
Dec 7, 2016
St. Louis, MO USA
www.rbturbo.com
Ride
We already have a modified rear section but its not ideal.

I like how tony made the front section and it saves me a lot of time on R&D

If all I have to do is replace the front section with something off the shelf and just fab up a rear section
its a no brainer and cost effective.

I'm not going to get into a debate of what works best or flow bench data.

The product works, looks great, its cheap and saves me big dollars

If you like it and feel it is the best for you, that is all that matters. :wink:

Rob

TheAllOriginal

Private
Dec 15, 2016
Baltimore, MD
Btw I have followed these forums for years and never get involved didn't even register until year or two ago and I have to say tony got screwed cause he couldn't just reach through computer and knock people out that deserve it this platform is great but like anything their are people that try to find any way to save or get out of costly repairs which we have allot of because well bmw it's like saying dinner tastes funny to get half off and Tony is very skeptical of random claims but anything proven or legitimate he has backed up and done right thing which is what matters everyone defends their work and product is human nature but many times now people attack his products which I guess is byproduct of success and he lets frustration get the better which may not be professorial but once again he admitted his fault and hired Chris the most mature thing he could do and Chris has been great mediator and interpretor lol I just hate seeing someone get bashed for defending themselves one thing I can say is he never randomly attacks competing products without being instigated doesn't mean is right I just think people should put themselves In his shoes before calling him a dick people can only take so much .
This hurt my eyes trying to read it.

NoQuarter

Major
Nov 24, 2017
Indiana, USA
Ride
Z4 35is, 535xi, X5 35i
I think you missed the meaning of the meme. Yes, it does claim checkmate with no pieces moved just like you said; however, that is the point of the meme. Claiming that the game is over and your in checkmate with no proof of an actual checkmate.

I'm not going to get involved in the arguing I'm just posting to explain the meme.
More like - you are in checkmate because Chuck Norris.

• Agree
Reactions: Torgus

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH
tony got screwed cause he couldn't just reach through computer and knock people out

He does this in real life so he doesn't need to reach through a computer ;) just google it.

The PSP design looks by far the best and if you are upgrading your outlet it seems to be the way to go: https://fasterbypinnacle.com/product/n54-335-hcp/ It's small money at the end of the day between the options on the market. No reason not to get the best designed outlet. It also looks easier to install as it is a 2 piece design, if that saves you 30m on a Saturday well worth it imo(I know my hourly rate). That rear turbo is a bitch to mess with in general.

Fun thread to read though! I hope it continues to deliver.

Rob@RBTurbo

Lieutenant
Dec 7, 2016
St. Louis, MO USA
www.rbturbo.com
Ride
The PSP design looks by far the best and if you are upgrading your outlet it seems to be the way to go: https://fasterbypinnacle.com/product/n54-335-hcp/

+1. This part is the hot ticket IMO- very well designed and guaranteed would topple any other aluminum solution on the flow bench and most importantly perform the best in application. And yes sir the price is actually damn good.

PS. Yes the primaries are a bit oversized- but not TOO bad at 2.0" OD and well worth the trade off for that merge.:hearteyes:

• Agree
Reactions: Ilkka and Torgus

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH
+1. This part is the hot ticket IMO- very well designed and guaranteed would topple any other aluminum solution on the flow bench and most importantly perform the best in application. And yes sir the price is actually damn good.

PS. Yes the primaries are a bit oversized- but not TOO bad at 2.0" OD and well worth the trade off for that merge.:hearteyes:

BTW I have had multiple silicone outlets in my possession at the same time and the RBs outlets were of the highest quality for silicone that I have seen to date. They also fit well.

You should make aluminum outlets Rob, PSP selling for $300 has got to have plenty of healthy margin in there same with VTT @ $200. A sub $300 price point would sell like hotcakes imo. Should be a quick product to bring to the market to boot and it is pretty clear the 'right' way to design them.

Rob@RBTurbo

Lieutenant
Dec 7, 2016
St. Louis, MO USA
www.rbturbo.com
Ride
BTW I have had multiple silicone outlets in my possession at the same time and the RBs outlets were of the highest quality for silicone that I have seen to date. They also fit well.

You should make aluminum outlets Rob, PSP selling for $300 has got to have plenty of healthy margin in there same with VTT @ $200. A sub $300 price point would sell like hotcakes imo. Should be a quick product to bring to the market to boot and it is pretty clear the 'right' way to design them.

Ha. Maybe in the off season... we are literally in decline turbo order mode due to overload at this moment. Don't think much could be improved over PSP anyway, that offering has the RB Blessing if that matters to anyone:tongueclosed:.

Rob

Ilkka

Private
Sep 7, 2017
Ride
N54 335i e92
He does this in real life so he doesn't need to reach through a computer ;) just google it.

The PSP design looks by far the best and if you are upgrading your outlet it seems to be the way to go: https://fasterbypinnacle.com/product/n54-335-hcp/ It's small money at the end of the day between the options on the market. No reason not to get the best designed outlet. It also looks easier to install as it is a 2 piece design, if that saves you 30m on a Saturday well worth it imo(I know my hourly rate). That rear turbo is a bitch to mess with in general.

Fun thread to read though! I hope it continues to deliver.

This.
End thread of this inferior product.

martymil

Major General
Sep 6, 2017
Down Under
Ride
S65 1m
If it fits, flows better, looks the goods I don't understand the problem which some of you guys have.

Its like a vendor popularity contest with their fan boys ready to bash anyone with a new product

The factory pipe is a piece of shit at best, silicone comes apart and here we are with a better unit and far cheaper than oem.

We know the turbos are the restrictions so if you don't want it don't buy it, very simple.

This is why most people don't post on the forums they are sick of this crap guys, relax have a drink or a smoke.

Ilkka

Private
Sep 7, 2017
Ride
N54 335i e92
Tony prefers their silicone version over this, which is no surprise at all considering its better design. This was made for the mechanically challenged who don't know how to install outlets properly. Some are upset because of the design being worse. Worse WITHIN the VTT brand, not just compared to other brands, so its not about vendor fanboysm. I agree with Tony. This is better product for those who cannot install outlets correctly. This is not a product to get for the rest.

Reactions: Rcboosted2007

martymil

Major General
Sep 6, 2017
Down Under
Ride
S65 1m
This is a product for people that dont want or need big power and want/need oem dependability and they want to set and forget.

This product fits right in and there are far more mechanically challenged bmw owners than ones that know what they are doing.

I think tony has hit a nail on the head with this and its going to pay off.