VTT

cityazndan

Corporal
Jan 17, 2017
Ride
2016 340i xDrive
So...from what I gather from this thread is that properly installed silicone outlets will still outflow the metal outlets. But the saving grace from using the metal outlets is it won't prematurely fail due to improper installation (eg. rubbing causing punctures) or melting from extreme heat.

Makes me want to check my current silicone outlets on the car haha.

Dusty Waterfall

Private
Jun 1, 2017
Utah
Ride
2009 e92 335xi
D9707440-87FD-4790-A2C2-FA1DC27FC339.jpeg
417C3776-2655-4CC5-8030-E7CCE54B5CDD.jpeg
6E1659F3-E0EF-4FCE-B6D5-234104E56126.jpeg
3335C249-D72B-4BFA-8995-B5249B0274B6.jpeg
D9707440-87FD-4790-A2C2-FA1DC27FC339.jpeg
417C3776-2655-4CC5-8030-E7CCE54B5CDD.jpeg
6E1659F3-E0EF-4FCE-B6D5-234104E56126.jpeg
3335C249-D72B-4BFA-8995-B5249B0274B6.jpeg
So...from what I gather from this thread is that properly installed silicone outlets will still outflow the metal outlets. But the saving grace from using the metal outlets is it won't prematurely fail due to improper installation (eg. rubbing causing punctures) or melting from extreme heat.

Makes me want to check my current silicone outlets on the car haha.

Not all metal outlets are created equal.

Rob@RBTurbo

Lieutenant
Dec 7, 2016
St. Louis, MO USA
www.rbturbo.com
Ride
'08 335i, '14 M6, '15 Tundra

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
This thread was deleted by the OP, long threads like this shouldn't just disappear unless something seriously wrong or illegal is going on. Deletion of mass content should be left up to the moderators, and it is hard on the site's SEO when large chunks of information disappear. I've moved it to the Octagon where it may resume.

Members are no longer allowed to delete threads, if you need something to be removed, report it.

Rob@RBTurbo

Lieutenant
Dec 7, 2016
St. Louis, MO USA
www.rbturbo.com
Ride
Why did he she delete it ?

More than likely the OP was politely tapped on the shoulder by the Vendor requesting to remove the thread- as this vendor in particular tends to do regularly to provoke censorships in their ways. Apparently when this vendor has "holes in their walls" they'll try whatever they can to "spackle" them up so the masses are none the wiser about them.

Bless this forum however- doesn't just let it all go into the abyss as they'd hoped for...:cool:

Rob

veer90

Lieutenant
Nov 16, 2016
West Nyack, NY
Ride
e90 335i 6MT
More than likely the OP was politely tapped on the shoulder by the Vendor requesting to remove the thread- as this vendor in particular tends to do regularly to provoke censorships in their ways. Apparently when this vendor has "holes in their walls" they'll try whatever they can to "spackle" them up so the masses are none the wiser about them.

Bless this forum however- doesn't just let it all go into the abyss as they'd hoped for...:cool:

Rob

Based on the info available currently, this is pure speculation with no proof.

Or what some people consider IRL "running your mouth".

Rob@RBTurbo

Lieutenant
Dec 7, 2016
St. Louis, MO USA
www.rbturbo.com
Ride
Based on the info available currently, this is pure speculation with no proof.

Or what some people consider IRL "running your mouth".

Well there fella if you were us and knew all of the problems this particular vendor gives literally every moderation team on every forum it's ever encountered- demanding these same censorship tactics- you'd too likely believe that it is extremely probable "running of the mouth".

Rob

Rob@RBTurbo

Lieutenant
Dec 7, 2016
St. Louis, MO USA
www.rbturbo.com
Ride
I'm not. For starters I know how to admit it when I'm wrong.

If evidence does come to light that VTT did indeed ask for this post to be taken down, then I take it back.

We can not see them being honest about anything so why would they start now? We are also sure Buster (who just was comp'd free rebuilds on his defective yet out of warranty GC's like a bazillion others) also will speak to the contrary as well. It is safe to do a coin flip over it to say the least, as you should consider the history of the source along with the context of the current scenario.

Also it is FAR from a secret for those in the industry that this company is the KING of Censorship demands (or threats), in fact it is a big reason why they have been ousted from every forum in the community at one time or another.

Rob

Last edited:

Rob@RBTurbo

Lieutenant
Dec 7, 2016
St. Louis, MO USA
www.rbturbo.com
Ride
Until the OP explains themselves it is pure speculation. Nothing more. It would be good to know for the absence of doubt.

In the mean time i think Dusty’s outlets need a thread of their own... @Dusty Waterfall Id appreciate a new thread where id like the possibility of RHD outlets discussed

We know the reason- 100%. Per OP the reason at thread deactivation: "Its turned into vender bashing and Chris posted a thread so it's not needed.."

So read between the lines people... the thread was deleted so conversation can be kept in a VENDOR thread, where RULES protect them and thus allow aforementioned censorship. OR for the devils advocates maybe he did just wake up this morning, ate his wheaties, and on his own accord said "man that thread is something else and I hate seeing disagreements... and now that there is another thread maybe I'll just delete mine" (despite it being a VERY active thread). So ummm, wake up.

Back on topic we agree about more discussion needs to be placed around Dusty's offering. It would seem what he has going on is the ONLY solution that has all of the bases covered from cost to design to longevity- etc. It is clear he is hand fab'ing these units out of premium materials along with great TIG welding, retaining some great engineering bits such as transitional CNC'd adapters; and not outsourcing them to some factory to make larger margins on a lesser quality product. We are seeing a top tier product from every angle.

We'll be reaching out to him shortly to see if there is any way we can help him with his product (ie. RHD support)- and we also may see about having him produce something specific for our Super RB EVO lineup as well. Very top flight work and we are very much liking what we see with how this man's brain works, nothing in it for us whatsoever but it deserves the accolades here and we'd be happy to endorse it.

Rob

Last edited:

buster84

Corporal
Mar 24, 2018
Ride
335 bmw xdrive
No one asked me to take it down. I deleted it because it's gotten so far off topic and people we arguing it's taken away from the sole reason I created the thread. If we wert allowed to delete threads we created why is there a delete button!

I deleted the thread because Chris created one of his own and people who have technical issues, questions or concerns about the outlets need to post in his thread and not this one since he created one for people to post in. This thread has gone so far off topic I'm done posting it in for good, I created this thread to inform people about product that was new. Not to debate, bash or argue about it. This thread should have stayed deleted because people continue to argue and make baseless claims like vtt had me do it. There is no reason for duplicate threads and since its vtts product there thread makes more sense to keep over mine.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rob09msport

veer90

Lieutenant
Nov 16, 2016
West Nyack, NY
Ride
e90 335i 6MT
you should consider the history of the source along with the context of the current scenario.

You mean like... competing vendor comes into a thread about a VTT product slinging poop like a butthurt gorilla, getting fixated on "transitional adapters" that make maybe the most minute of differences, grasping at straws for anything to bash the VTT outlet with?

Not sure whether to tell you to give it up, or go make some more popcorn.

NoQuarter

Major
Nov 24, 2017
Indiana, USA
Ride
Z4 35is, 535xi, X5 35i
LOL Rob is bitching about a thread getting deleted because he came in and shit all over it multiple times. Then, when its restored, he comes in and shits some more and then bitches about that. They're so busy over at RB those turbos have to be building themselves while Rob trolls VTT on every forum he can find.

well.... to be fair, reading every one of your posts attempting to out-do Rob is just as annoying.

Rob@RBTurbo

Lieutenant
Dec 7, 2016
St. Louis, MO USA
www.rbturbo.com
Ride
like a butthurt gorilla

LOL@ Butthurt. Some of these competitors are the best thing to ever happen to RB, we are slinging turbos to many of our competitors burnt out customers monthly (and literally their friends weekly). Go check out the for sale sections, see what brands do you typically see everyday popping up for sale (usually "lightly used" aka needing rebuild) just for an additional data point.

On another more serious note it sure would be nice to have some idea on what technical background some of you guys have? Like some sort of pre-requisite before you are allowed to type on a technical subject. And adding neons to your old civic si or maybe a DCI, aluminum pedal set, and carbon fiber wrapping your N54's interior trim doesn't count. Things like building short blocks, porting/building cylinder heads, replacing camshafts, port matching intakes, throttle bodies, rebuilding transmissions, swapping pinion/ring gear sets and rebuilding differentials, upgrading brake kits, modifying fuel systems, supercharger kits, or making your own engine parts- you know the real manly technical stuff. It is the actual technical stuff like this that we are quite familiar with and have done it for many years, across many platforms. Oh yes almost forgot- we've built a paltry few thousand turbos too since the early 2000's. So having something to say about something as simple as an outlet design, not quite out of our league.

You see there are a lot of guys on these forums who as a young child could easily figure out how to fit the star/square/circle/triangle through each side of the respective box toy- many of them do not post but there are really sharp guys out there who can see the forest for the trees with most of this stuff. They are the ones who call us daily and say "Man we have been around too, and we can tell you know what you are talking about and good thing because I need turbos stat".

However unfortunately there are many others who post regularly and usually only with opinions on matters as if they know something about what they are saying, usually only on some tangental discussion matter outside the actual root discussion technical aspect. These are likely the type of guys that likely spend most of their hours playing fortnite with kiddos on the internet, and take breaks every so often to post on a technical BMW forum about what they may think they learned from some marketing propaganda on their favorite FB group. These are also the same guys who end up falling for the junk information and/or data, buy some garbage that doesn't work as advertised or provide any gains; and cry to us a year or so later when the truths come to light and then all we can do is get a damn good laugh.

Technical credibility is certainly key, so dazzle us- what do you have to offer?

Rob

Last edited:

langsbr

Captain
Apr 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i 6MT e90
well.... to be fair, reading every one of your posts attempting to out-do Rob is just as annoying.

Sure pal. I contributed to the thread and Rob just dismisses it and can't respond legitimately . I'm not a vendor either. so tell me where I came in and trashed a vendors product at all here. I guess the better option is to let Rob crap on every vtt thread.

Glad to see you contributed too.