Wagner Intercooler and Evolution Racewerks Downpipe Install.

Stück

Private
Nov 19, 2016
Houston, TX
Ride
14 535i, 13 X3 35i
First off a big shout out for Mike at Extreme Powerhouse whom supplied the goods and got them to me quick!

The good stuff:
IMG_6371_zps9fcwlwmv.jpg

IMG_6370_zps2gxrpsnz.jpg

First thing first I got the car up in the air and ready to work on. Everything else looked perfect, as well it should having just ticked over 20k miles.

IMG_6365_zps0im6nydc.jpg

IMG_6364_zps63jhk2mf.jpg

As I drove the car a solid 20 miles from my house to the shop I decided to tackle the intercooler first after dropping the under panels. That cat is piping hot!

Look at how whimpy the factory unit looks next to the Wagner.

IMG_6375_zps0hjez7ia.jpg

IMG_6376_zpssrrisf5b.jpg

IMG_6377_zps9uj4jj8r.jpg

Installation was a breeze. Fit and finish were great, it slid right up into position with almost no fuss. A tight fit no doubt, but a well engineered one.

Now moving on to the downpipe, we see here the stock catted down pipe which has cooled a bit and is tolerable to be in contact with briefly lol.

IMG_6374_zpsyowb7whn.jpg

Factory downpipe removed

IMG_6378_zpsnn7kdb4h.jpg

Clolseup of the exhaust housing, wastegate and turbo exducer, everything looks mint.

IMG_6379_zpshklai8wf.jpg

Factory above ER.

IMG_6380_zpsyb4bh7tg.jpg

ER installed on the car.

IMG_6381_zpsdnnxgptd.jpg

I haven't had a chance yet to look at IAT logs to see how much lower they are but you can imagine its going to be a pretty bid difference.

The turbo spools quicker now, and you can hear it a whole lot more. With the windows up its nary a bit louder, but with the windows down it sounds delicious as the turbo spools and screams.

I'm getting a nice exhaust pop on WOT 1st to 2nd upshifts now too.