Walk Through: Building High-end Headlights

TwinTurboWagon

Corporal
Nov 7, 2016
San Diego
That's what I thought too, I got backed into and the headlights had a broken tab but it really didn't bother me, however the insurance agency let me keep them lol. So I'll give it a shot. I dabbled with my cobalt SS headlights a bit and I just get scared trying to seal the lenses to the housing. Hopefully it's pretty easy with these.
If you have an prefacelift E92 then the headlights are butyl and will pop right open with some heat, be thankful as most BMW headlights are VERY different and much more challenging.
I just received my Morimoto Mini 4.0's today, going to try something soon :)
What are your plans? This going in the LCI E90?

Evan

langsbr

Captain
Apr 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i 6MT e90
Not to take away anything from the headlight build, because it is fantastic - but did you refurbish the lens covers, or just replace with new?

TwinTurboWagon

Corporal
Nov 7, 2016
San Diego
Not to take away anything from the headlight build, because it is fantastic - but did you refurbish the lens covers, or just replace with new?
They were new. The price difference between a full multi-stage lens correction + UV protectant + protective film it made sense just to get new lenses. There are some legit international sellers on eBay.