Weird fault code 5062

• Login or Register, members don't see Ads!
  • Tip: You can toggle the Dark Theme at the bottom of the page

AJL

Private
May 11, 2017
Does anybody know what could be causing an intermittent DKG fault code of 5062?

Show's up in ISTA as: 5062 - DKG: Fault, parking-lock hook

I've thoroughly checked the shifter wiring harness and engine bay harness for problems, but haven't found any.

It comes up randomly with no discernible correlation other than it always appears under deceleration / braking. I don't notice any changes in the transmission, and the parking lock still works perfectly. If I clear the code, it may not come back for a week, or it may come back the next time I drive the car.

This message also pops up on the iDrive when the fault code is thrown:
IMG_0871.jpeg

The only similar thread I've found on this code ended up being related to a wheel speed sensor (which doesn't really make sense to me).

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated, since I'm out of them.

AJL

Private
May 11, 2017
This was the cause of my problems:
IMG_0918.jpeg

It's the parking lock linkage from the shifter to the transmission, and the damaged outer sheathing was stopping the parking lock from fully retracting causing the transmission to intermittently think the parking lock was engaged.

New part for comparison:
IMG_0919.jpeg

• 1Informative
Reactions: NoQuarter

henry135

Nov 20, 2019
Hey i am having the same problem, really glad i came across this. Was this something you were able to fix yourself or did you go to the mechanic? Just wanting to know how much the parts or labour it costed to fix this problem . tia

AJL

Private
May 11, 2017
Hey i am having the same problem, really glad i came across this. Was this something you were able to fix yourself or did you go to the mechanic? Just wanting to know how much the parts or labour it costed to fix this problem . tia
I fixed it myself by replaced the entire parking lock assembly (P/N: 61319192483)

Part was $372 when I bought it. It's not a hard job, but for that amount of money I'd have a mechanic confirm the diagnosis before you replace it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.