What brake rotors and pads did you go with?

What Rotors and Pads do you have? (Select Two Options)

• R1 Concepts Rotors

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • StopTech / Centric Rotors

Votes: 25 26.6%
  • OEM Rotors

Votes: 14 14.9%
  • ECS Rotors

Votes: 14 14.9%
  • Akibono Pads

Votes: 16 17.0%
  • Brembo Rotors

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Hawks Pads

Votes: 19 20.2%
  • EBC Pads

Votes: 8 8.5%
  • Pagid Pads

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • Bosch Pads

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • OEM Pads

Votes: 9 9.6%
  • Z4 35is Rotors

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • Ferodo Pads

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • Zimmerman Rotors

Votes: 17 18.1%
  • CoolCarbon Pads

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • Meyle Ceramic Pads

Votes: 2 2.1%

• Total voters

ShocknAwe

Captain
Jan 24, 2018
Charleston, SC
Ride
N54/3 1er ///Mutt
Thanks. The Cool Carbon instructions with the pads say to do 70-20 repeatedly at low, medium, and hard braking. I was on the highway and couldn’t slow down to 20mph. Stupid me. Live and learn.

Would you suggest to first remove any glaze on the rotors by lightly sanding them with fine sand paper and clean with Brakleen? Or is this not necessary as long as I rebed as you suggest?

I'm not sure I'm knowledgeable enough to answer your question, I've never sanded rotors, I just rebed and it works. Perhaps I'm not sensitive enough to this. I probably rebed my rotors a couple times a year with all the stop and go traffic.

Here's the biggest thing: If you get your rotors hot and then stop completely, you'll leave residue where the pad stops on the rotor and that will create a shimmy or vibration.

I'd try rebedding, and if that doesnt work, try a little sanding. What also works is using a track pad which will remove all glaze from street compounds.

Reactions: Jeffman

gmagnus7

Corporal
Dec 3, 2018
Ride
135i N54
Have the ECS two piece front and matching rear with Hawk HPS pads. Brake dust is terrible and stains the wheels pretty bad. Switching to EBC redstuff for street use and will just get a set of track pads if I eventually take it there.

• Informative
Reactions: Jeffman

GotPwned

Lurker
Apr 3, 2018
Ride
2007 BMW 335i
Anybody have experience with Sparta Evolution products? It says on their website that the friction coefficient and the temperature range for their SPP 3.0 is higher than Ferodo DS2500s which for a street/track pad is pretty impressive.

Last edited: