What is going on with the "Thought Police" around the world? Is free speech dying?

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH
We don't have a politics section on this forum. Maybe that is on purpose. I checked the rules, nothing against it. So what is going on with free speech and the 'thought police' around the world?

Examples:

Over 3,000 people are arrested each year in the UK for offensive comments posted online.

We all know what China does to it's mainland population and what they are now doing to Hong Kong. Plenty of other examples around the globe.

When do the thought police and rampant censorship come to the American shores? Is it already here?

Or am I wrong, this is perfectly acceptable, and I just see things through the lens of an American?

AzNdevil

Lieutenant
Staff member
Nov 4, 2016
Hong Kong
We all know what China does to it's mainland population and what they are now doing to Hong Kong. Plenty of other examples around the globe.

When do the thought police and rampant censorship come to the American shores? Is it already here?

Or am I wrong, this is perfectly acceptable, and I just see things through the lens of an American?

shit hits the fan when free speech turns into hate and racism...and gets further manipulated as everyone has their own agenda