What is the next upgrade?

langsbr

Captain
Apr 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i 6MT e90
Good news! Dimitri said my Turbos are on there way out. I guess that might be considered bad news but now I have to get new turbos :)
Now which set to get is another story. I am pretty sure I am going with Dy
Well just got off the phone with Drew, and pretty sure I am going with these 905RS turbos https://dynamicautowerx.com/shop?olsPage=products/bmw-n54-stage-4-905rs-td04hr-hybrid-turbocharger-set-mmp-rb-pure-turbo-vargas

Is the price correct on those? I have nothing against them, but at that price, for only a few hundred more, you could get a set of RB's new Game Finishers. I know Rob can't come in here and shit on Dynamic to 'advertise' but I was very impressed by the new offerings. They look similar to GCs, with a detachable manifold and turbine housing. They look very impressive. Might be worth a call to RB at a minimum. He might even give better pricing.

• Agree
  • Informative
Reactions: Torgus and SSDD

NoGuru

Captain
Jan 9, 2018
Just North of Detroit
Ride
BMW 335is
Is the price correct on those? I have nothing against them, but at that price, for only a few hundred more, you could get a set of RB's new Game Finishers. I know Rob can't come in here and shit on Dynamic to 'advertise' but I was very impressed by the new offerings. They look similar to GCs, with a detachable manifold and turbine housing. They look very impressive. Might be worth a call to RB at a minimum. He might even give better pricing.
I am going to look at all my options. Game Finishers look nice and so does the MMP1K's. What's nice about the Dynamics is the price and they are only 30 minutes down the road from me.

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH

I agree. The RB Game Finishers look to be the best set of twins on the market right now for the n54. Other than custom manifolds to garrets or something similar.

MMP1K/VTT/Frankenturbo I would stay away from.

langsbr

Captain
Apr 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i 6MT e90
I am going to look at all my options. Game Finishers look nice and so does the MMP1K's. What's nice about the Dynamics is the price and they are only 30 minutes down the road from me.

I have MMP S3s, and while they are serving me well, if you DO have an issue - cest la vie. Be prepared for a multimonth backlog and stall tactic, combined with horse manure crap 'repairs' as well as a requirement to sign an NDA for anything to be repaired.

Also, I've yet to see any decent dyno numbers from the 1Ks, or good spool. They seem to spool very late. There is one guy in the 10sec thread with 1Ks and he's trapping 132, but that's the lone example I've seen.

After the crap Mauricio pulled (not on me but others) I'd never recommend them. I think Rob is a major dick when it comes to his forum presence, hence why he isn't here any longer I take it, but I'd still recommend his new turbos based on the designs and in general overall customer service.

And I shudder to think I'd consider a ST setup, but I think the Speedtech is not to be overlooked. If I went ST, that's what I would get, but I am a twin fan at heart.

• Informative
  • Agree
Reactions: fmorelli and Torgus

NoGuru

Captain
Jan 9, 2018
Just North of Detroit
Ride
BMW 335is
I spoke with dynamic and guy sounded really knowledgeable. Install will run about $1500.
I think he is going to make me a custom setup from what he has listed. Like a stage 3+ which will have a larger compressor wheel then the stage 3's.
He also said I really should have a catch can installed and a 3.5" exhaust. I am sure the exhaust would help with flow but that would have to wait.

RuskiRacer

Captain
Jul 17, 2019
Ride
2009 e93 335i
I spoke with dynamic and guy sounded really knowledgeable. Install will run about $1500.
I think he is going to make me a custom setup from what he has listed. Like a stage 3+ which will have a larger compressor wheel then the stage 3's.
He also said I really should have a catch can installed and a 3.5" exhaust. I am sure the exhaust would help with flow but that would have to wait.
I'm getting that same turbo as well @Slow335is is running the stage 4s on his car

RuskiRacer

Captain
Jul 17, 2019
Ride
2009 e93 335i
Nice, I just paid for them this morning. When I spoke to him on the phone he said he had 90 orders to fill. So my guess is it is going to be a long time before we see them.
ya I ordered mine little Over a month ago and I think he just shipped them out yesterday so we we'll see when I have them in hand I will make my own thread about them when they arrive. Depending what stage you ordered could take a month

Reactions: typedRew

NoGuru

Captain
Jan 9, 2018
Just North of Detroit
Ride
BMW 335is
ya I ordered mine little Over a month ago and I think he just shipped them out yesterday so we we'll see when I have them in hand I will make my own thread about them when they arrive. Depending what stage you ordered could take a month
Cool, make sure and stop in here a link me to your thread so we can evaluate them together.

NoGuru

Captain
Jan 9, 2018
Just North of Detroit
Ride
BMW 335is
I was contemplating cutting out my secondary CATS and installing Vibrant resonators.
I think I might do this myself by cutting out the cats and using clamps on each side instead of welding. Not sure if this would be any good or cheaper then having a shop put them in.

typedRew

Sergeant
Feb 25, 2019
Ride
2009 335i xDrive
Do not do that, cut them out, tack in resonators, drop exhaust and weld fully around.

Clamping them would be crap. And nearly impossible since one of them sits at the end of a curve in the exhaust

Rob09msport

Major
Oct 28, 2017
Monroe CT
Ride
09 335i msport le mans 18 x5
It's def not easy needs a weld. Where are you located cause I am thinking of going single and I have vibrant resonators welded in I love the sound but i think at my power level i need to get rid of stock piping

NoGuru

Captain
Jan 9, 2018
Just North of Detroit
Ride
BMW 335is
It's def not easy needs a weld. Where are you located cause I am thinking of going single and I have vibrant resonators welded in I love the sound but i think at my power level i need to get rid of stock piping
I am just north of Detroit in Mi, but I just ordered the Vibrant resonators. I have the IS exhaust as well so it should sound amazing, but I might re-connect the valve to quite it down a bit.

Are you asking about the difference in the turbos?

Rob09msport

Major
Oct 28, 2017
Monroe CT
Ride
09 335i msport le mans 18 x5
I am just north of Detroit in Mi, but I just ordered the Vibrant resonators. I have the IS exhaust as well so it should sound amazing, but I might re-connect the valve to quite it down a bit.

Are you asking about the difference in the turbos?
Ya and I wouldnt bother with the valve really doesnt make big diff once modded and just another waste of vac if you ask me

Reactions: NoGuru

NoGuru

Captain
Jan 9, 2018
Just North of Detroit
Ride
BMW 335is
Ya and I wouldnt bother with the valve really doesnt make big diff once modded and just another waste of vac if you ask me
I wish I could see a Dyno of Stage 3's with stock exhaust vs 3" or 3.5"
I'm struggling to see the benefit of the single 3.5 if the CATS are all removed but I am sure it is there.

RuskiRacer

Captain
Jul 17, 2019
Ride
2009 e93 335i
I wish I could see a Dyno of Stage 3's with stock exhaust vs 3" or 3.5"
I'm struggling to see the benefit of the single 3.5 if the CATS are all removed but I am sure it is there.
I have a video of my friends is exhaust with vibrant resonators in place of secondary cats if you would like to hear