What is the next upgrade?

NoGuru

Captain
Jan 9, 2018
Just North of Detroit
Ride
BMW 335is
Thanks for the replies guys. I am using the 20# harbor freight blaster.
I just drilled the bottom port out to a larger diameter so I will see if this helps with the clogging in a few days when the temp gets above freezing.

langsbr

Captain
Apr 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i 6MT e90
Is it clogging up wet? If so I wonder if your air compressor has too much condensation in it. I have a cheapo HF air compressor and don't have a condensate trap, but I did drain it before doing the blasting and also added a cheap throwaway inline moisture filter for doing it.

langsbr

Captain
Apr 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i 6MT e90
Did you find the source of your boost leak? What was the outcome of our turbos? Hadnt been to the other forum in a while.

NoGuru

Captain
Jan 9, 2018
Just North of Detroit
Ride
BMW 335is
I have this air compressor but it does not have a condensation trap. Air compressor
Looks like I should add one at least an inline filter. Any recommendations?

The boost leak was a failed inlet. It was a VRSF 1.75 that was only a few weeks old. Shawn from DAW said it was fine to use on the 2" turbo snout so that is what we did. This could have caused a kink in the bend at the rear turbo. It could have been VRSF parts or the install was not perfect.

DAW replaced the Turbos for free, the shop knocked off the $$$ for the re-install of the new turbos and I replaced the 1.75" inlets with 2".

I'm just north of Detroit so it's cold here and was only able to drive the car a short drive home from the shop after it was all fixed but it seemed good.
I'll find out how well it all went in the spring as well as get the tune dialed in as I am still on the base map for these Turbos.

Reactions: Manuel416

langsbr

Captain
Apr 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i 6MT e90
When it comes to air compresors and accessories, the sky is the limit as far as what you can spend. I am cheap though, and treat my tools like crap, lol, and don't have a permanent one. If I am doing something that can be hurt by moisture, I run one of these then toss it afterwards:

https://www.harborfreight.com/inline-desiccant-dryerfilter-64637.html

Glad DAW took care of you, that's nice. Hopefully all the issues will be resolved now.

Reactions: NoGuru

NoGuru

Captain
Jan 9, 2018
Just North of Detroit
Ride
BMW 335is
When it comes to air compresors and accessories, the sky is the limit as far as what you can spend. I am cheap though, and treat my tools like crap, lol, and don't have a permanent one. If I am doing something that can be hurt by moisture, I run one of these then toss it afterwards:

https://www.harborfreight.com/inline-desiccant-dryerfilter-64637.html

Glad DAW took care of you, that's nice. Hopefully all the issues will be resolved now.
Thanks!! I will pick some of these up.

NoGuru

Captain
Jan 9, 2018
Just North of Detroit
Ride
BMW 335is
Car has been out the last three days. It had a quarter tank or 93 left in it and I added 4 gallons of E and filled the rest with 93oct.
Still burning some of that old fuel out but the car pulls pretty dam hard right now on the base map. I am getting timing corrections and I think my Ethanol sensor is failing.
I just sent the logs to Dimitri for a revision or to tell me what he can see.
https://datazap.me/u/noguru/2-4?log=0&data=3-5-24

NoGuru

Captain
Jan 9, 2018
Just North of Detroit
Ride
BMW 335is
While I am waiting on my Flex Fuel to get resolved, I came across a used port injection rail and bought it and the wife is buying me the AIC-6 controller for my birthday.
Port injection is new to me and I am not sure how to start.
Do I load a base map in it and send it to my tunner?
I guess my question is how do I use or tune the system?

NoGuru

Captain
Jan 9, 2018
Just North of Detroit
Ride
BMW 335is
Just got a refund from Precision Raceworks for a Walbro 450. I starting looking around for an alternative place to buy from and ensure it is genuine Walbro, but seems like everyplace is sold out.
Anybody know where I can get one that is Genuine?

NoGuru

Captain
Jan 9, 2018
Just North of Detroit
Ride
BMW 335is
Little update on my situation. I have a Walbro 535 in the tank and a 450 next to it on a 15psi Hobbs but the 450 is deactivated.
Port injection is installed but deactivated because I am chasing a HPFP issue. My tunner said the HPFP was dying so I bought a re-manufactured from FCP Euro, put it in and the HPFP still shows it tanking while going WOT.
Before I send it back to FCP, is there anything else I can look at or trouble shoot? Maybe the HPFP sensor?

nyt

Sergeant
Sep 15, 2019
Ride
2010 335xi
Little update on my situation. I have a Walbro 535 in the tank and a 450 next to it on a 15psi Hobbs but the 450 is deactivated.
Port injection is installed but deactivated because I am chasing a HPFP issue. My tunner said the HPFP was dying so I bought a re-manufactured from FCP Euro, put it in and the HPFP still shows it tanking while going WOT.
Before I send it back to FCP, is there anything else I can look at or trouble shoot? Maybe the HPFP sensor?

ekp. That 535 pulls a lot of current, you may be overloading the ekp.

matreyia

Major
Apr 19, 2017
Ride
335i e93
Braum seats will be the next upgrade. Then finally, rear brakes will get Rotora 4 piston floating two piece rotor and brake kit to match the front Rotora 6 piston kit.

nyt

Sergeant
Sep 15, 2019
Ride
2010 335xi
Doesn't the EKP only manage the LPFP? I am not having an issue with LPFP.

Sorry, was just assuming your new hpfp was good and possibly had lpfp pressure drop. no log posted so, can't really verify.

Are you running port injection? How much boost are you running and on what type of fuel? It's possible you're just hitting the limits of hpfp

NoGuru

Captain
Jan 9, 2018
Just North of Detroit
Ride
BMW 335is
Sorry, was just assuming your new hpfp was good and possibly had lpfp pressure drop. no log posted so, can't really verify.

Are you running port injection? How much boost are you running and on what type of fuel? It's possible you're just hitting the limits of hpfp
Well it's complicated, lol. I had port injection but have removed it totally trying to chase the issue. I was running 20psi and the tuner has dropped it to 14psi on E45.

The new HPFP is generally around 2500 through 7000 rpm. I think I am going to change the plugs and put stock coils back on and see what happens. I'll slowly keep pulling stuff off until I figure this out.

nyt

Sergeant
Sep 15, 2019
Ride
2010 335xi
Well it's complicated, lol. I had port injection but have removed it totally trying to chase the issue. I was running 20psi and the tuner has dropped it to 14psi on E45.

The new HPFP is generally around 2500 through 7000 rpm. I think I am going to change the plugs and put stock coils back on and see what happens. I'll slowly keep pulling stuff off until I figure this out.

post a log