What is your exhaust setup?

RNM

Corporal
Jun 3, 2019
I have vrsf catless downpipes and their 3.5 inch street exhaust. I was not too happy about the drone it produced at low rpms, so I bought a vibrant 3.5 inch resonator and had a muffler shop weld it onto my mid pipe portion of the exhaust. I was pleasantly surprised at just how much it helped eliminate the drone I was experiencing.

If anybody wants to shed some weight and have an exhaust that is a bit more aggressive than stock exhaust and catless downpipes with no drone, vrsf street exhaust and vibrant resonator combination can't be beat.

fmorelli

Lieutenant General
Staff member
Aug 11, 2017
Virginia
Ride
E89 Z4 35i, F10 535d
I believe @martymil has said his experience is that flex pipe makes a significant dent on the drone issue.

Filippo

martymil

Major General
Sep 6, 2017
Down Under
Ride
S65 1m
flex pipe will eliminate the metal resonance and the shaking you feel in the body especially around the gearbox area.
If you have a multi piece exhaust this is less noticable.

Vibrant resonators are really good we have one on our 4 inch exhaust single turbo kit and two flex joints, thing sounds like stock.

matreyia

Major
Apr 19, 2017
Ride
335i e93
flex pipe will eliminate the metal resonance and the shaking you feel in the body especially around the gearbox area.
If you have a multi piece exhaust this is less noticable.

Vibrant resonators are really good we have one on our 4 inch exhaust single turbo kit and two flex joints, thing sounds like stock.

You should take pics when you get a chance. I am researching the next exhaust mod in addition to my BMW Performance Exhaust. Something about deleting second cats and replacing with resonators for even better flow.

KAIZZER

Corporal
Feb 13, 2019
New England
Ride
e89 z4 35i, Mk7.5 Gti, 02 Wrx
I'll be piecing together a custom exhaust for my Z. Still deliberating between 2.5" vs 3" duals. Currently have catless downpipes installed and would be adding the vibrant super street mufflers along with the vibrant ultra quiet resonators.
Any input with regard to pipe sizing would be greatly appreciated đź‘Ť.
Thanks in advance,
Reef

ShocknAwe

Captain
Jan 24, 2018
Charleston, SC
Ride
N54/3 1er ///Mutt
I'm now custom 3" duals turbo-back to 3.5" mid and vibrant resonator to my MadDad muffler tucked into the exhaust tunnel, split back out to quad exit.

Need to look into flex pipe.