What would you like to see developed that currently doesn't exist ?

houtan

Lieutenant
Nov 2, 2017
Ride
135i N55 DCT; PS2
For dct cars, would be nice to get rid of the auto shift when in manual mode.

Panzerfaust

Lieutenant
Jul 3, 2018
Chicago
Ride
E92 335i
That is such a niche market though. I don't disagree, I'd like one as well but you'd be catering to the 1% of the wrong end of the market.

I think something more interesting would be a crank case vacuum system. Could see some actual gains and it solves an issue we actually have. I think @Erichale77 may have something setup along these lines but not sure how commercially viable it was.

Every dollar spent on a ZF8 conversion is worth many times more in the long run. The number of vehicles that are being produced right now with that transmission ensures a healthy aftermarket to do the heavy lifting. Plus, I'm pretty sure the ZF8 can come with a trans brake and there is little sense in a higher stall when you're input shaft breaks a few feet later.
A ZF8 swap would be awesome, but from my understanding it will take a standalone TCU and/or ECU to work properly- people have asked XHP about that and their response seems to be that it will never be able to happen with the stock DME maintained due to software constraints on both ends.

As for the higher stall, theres plenty of people already running one with no issue already and as you know theres no input shaft upgrade for us right now, people are running them on stock autos and at least one or two on a PD trans. I dont see how an OTS higher stall would be harmful at all, as not everyone will want to swap their trans especially when the 6hp21 hasn't even seen it's full potential yet. Every performance upgrade makes it more likely that you'll break other parts. Imo saying that is like saying theres no need for upgraded twins when our trans is only meant to hold ~330ftlbs of torque.

Imo we either need more upgrades for the stock auto, or an easier solution to getting the 6hp28 swapped- like a full bundle that includes adapter, wiring harnesses etc as then you can still run with the stock modules and not spend the same amount of money that your car is worth on a trans swap alone.

Reactions: matreyia

aus335iguy

Colonel
Nov 18, 2017
Down under
Ride
335i DCT 2009
The new syvecs s7plus suppose to change all that, thos doesnt sound like just emulating the oem ecu.

• Ability to change torque levels and demand levels sent to the DSG Ecu for changing clutch pressure and Pull away drivability
• Change torque reduction levels on shifts. Essential for very high power cars where the Oem levels of reductions are not enough with the added torque from a Twin Turbo Kit
• Ability to change Torque ramp in after launch
All things the current DME does. The only solution to the DCT problem that i 100% know controls the DCT properly is @Nisse Järnet and his aftermarket controller that replaced the TCU inside the gearbox. Until someone can flash the DCT TCU you are relying on the various BMW software versions to control everything.

martymil

Major General
Sep 6, 2017
Down Under
Ride
S65 1m
Dry sump system is doable and already looked into it, the problem is the cost and would be such a small market its not even worth looking at.

Stock DME controlled pi wont happen, I remember someone talking about it and there is no room in the dme for something like this.

The Convert

Captain
Jun 4, 2017
Ride
Dry sump system is doable and already looked into it, the problem is the cost and would be such a small market its not even worth looking at.

Stock DME controlled pi wont happen, I remember someone talking about it and there is no room in the dme for something like this.
If you’re not going to listen to anyone after asking the question, then don’t ask the question. You either:

A) already have projects you want to work on but need other people to make you feel it’s worthwhile. Or...

B) are just kicking tires and talking big game.

Either way, cut the charades.

martymil

Major General
Sep 6, 2017
Down Under
Ride
S65 1m
this got me thinking, how about an affordable, off the shelf driveshaft for e82 or e92 wanting to do m3 diff conversion

The shaft can easily be done on exchange basis but can also be done by your local driveshaft shop quite cheaply.

Take a standard 1m shaft and shorten to suit, easily done for under 500 dollars.

The problem with this platform is that most think they can do it cheaper, someone has to run around source the part and have it modified.

Then they have to factor in their time, shipping both ways, small profit and all up it will cost at least double what you can get it done for at the local drive shaft shop.

I can easily make you one tomorrow.

If there was enough of you mfactory quite easily could make you a cf one.

aus335iguy

Colonel
Nov 18, 2017
Down under
Ride
335i DCT 2009
The problem with our cars is irs, its never going to get down the track properly unless you convert to a 4 link and live axel setup which can easily be done but getting it engineered is another issue otherwise this would be race use only and never be able to be swapped out quickly.

Anti lag is easily achievable with a syvecs and getting quick drop in temps can be achieved with a DEI CryO2 Intercooler Sprayer Kits and a fan override.
There are plenty of IRS cars that launch, ours have shit geometry and are made from butter.

• A good rear subframe with better geometry for 1/4 and 1/2 mile traction
  • An off the shelf diff, halfshaft and driveshaft replacement that will handle serious power levels(ade 8.8)(camero/commodore)(insert strong abundant diff with ratio options here)
  • Twin outlets tailored to the RHD market that flow.
  • M5 brake conversion kit( reasonably priced)
  • An off the shelf kit that does away with the need for all of the BMW plastic cooling, power steering etc componentry
  • We already have cast and billet valve cover, inlet manifold options but some competition wouldn’t hurt
That should keep you busy for a while....:)

martymil

Major General
Sep 6, 2017
Down Under
Ride
S65 1m
If you’re not going to listen to anyone after asking the question, then don’t ask the question. You either:

A) already have projects you want to work on but need other people to make you feel it’s worthwhile. Or...

B) are just kicking tires and talking big game.

Either way, cut the charades.

The whole thread was to get ideas and I can pick and choose the ones that are going to actually make money and are commercially viable.

There are plenty of IRS cars that launch, ours have shit geometry and are made from butter.

• A good rear subframe with better geometry for 1/4 and 1/2 mile traction
  • An off the shelf diff, halfshaft and driveshaft replacement that will handle serious power levels(ade 8.8)(camero/commodore)(insert strong abundant diff with ratio options here)
  • Twin outlets tailored to the RHD market that flow.
  • M5 brake conversion kit( reasonably priced)
  • An off the shelf kit that does away with the need for all of the BMW plastic cooling, power steering etc componentry
  • We already have cast and billet valve cover, inlet manifold options but some competition wouldn’t hurt
That should keep you busy for a while....:)

RHD twins outlets are going to be available soon as we are working on that right now, stay tuned.

We already have superior setrab power steering cooling with our ic kits but maybe expand a little more on bmw plastic cooling what you like to see.

martymil

Major General
Sep 6, 2017
Down Under
Ride
S65 1m
BTW we already have fully modified RHD outlets that already flow a lot more than stock as is good enough for most but we are making bigger ones.

20180717_130819.jpg
20180810_181217.jpg
20180810_181219.jpg
20180703_162650.jpg

aus335iguy

Colonel
Nov 18, 2017
Down under
Ride
335i DCT 2009
The whole thread was to get ideas and I can pick and choose the ones that are going to actually make money and are commercially viable.

RHD twins outlets are going to be available soon as we are working on that right now, stay tuned.

We already have superior setrab power steering cooling with our ic kits but maybe expand a little more on bmw plastic cooling what you like to see.
Water Pump, reservoir, pipe fittings essentially the whole engine bay has a half life of 50kKms. Aloominum!?

• Funny
Reactions: veer90

martymil

Major General
Sep 6, 2017
Down Under
Ride
S65 1m
Water reservoir I can easily do and is on the books.

Where would you like to see it like stock location or relocated like LHD drivers side overflow tank.

aus335iguy

Colonel
Nov 18, 2017
Down under
Ride
335i DCT 2009
Also My advice is to keep branding and appearance as stock like as possible. Big logos and loud colours aren’t for me and making it opt in or out is a nice compromise.
Reasonably priced Vac cans is more plastic and another easy one. An N54 plastic eradication kit would be super.

fmorelli

Lieutenant General
Staff member
Aug 11, 2017
Virginia
Ride
E89 Z4 35i, F10 535d
A real DI fueling solution :p
We have two likely additional HPFP options coming - one with a dual HPFP and the overdrive. Realistically Spring 2020 would be my wild back-of-the-napkin guess.
Real di solution is in the eye of the beholder but if you mean oem quality easily done by s55 setup (xdi pumps optional) and dct just by using the latest syvecs standalone to control it all problem solved, how deep are your pockets.
lol best post of the week. "just" syvecs. Followed by ... how deep are your pockets. You win surreal sentence of the week, hands down!!
Also My advice is to keep branding and appearance as stock like as possible. Big logos and loud colours aren’t for me and making it opt in or out is a nice compromise.
Reasonably priced Vac cans is more plastic and another easy one. An N54 plastic eradication kit would be super.
You mean like buying a beautiful cast aluminum valve cover, spending $600 to then have to take a grinder to it to lop off a 4" random letter number combo that is meaningless to the rest of the world but somehow is prominently displayed on the front of your motor? I honestly can't see why you'd give the advise you have. :tearsofjoy:

Filippo

Last edited: