What would you like to see developed that currently doesn't exist ?

Rob09msport

Major
Oct 28, 2017
Monroe CT
Ride
09 335i msport le mans 18 x5
Functional hood scoop intake with provision for rain. If setup to supply a box with drain at bottom and the cone filters mount inside could work and then maybe have engine bay scavenged from a vent in low pressure zone so helps temps and airflow through fmic etc

Milan

Sergeant
Dec 24, 2016
jebi se
Ride
your mom
Here's an easy money tool to make. Tusk used to make a 50mm wrench for ATVs ... no longer available - I know because several people have asked me where to buy it, then asked if I'd sell mine. A great for doing the nut at the diff. I'm sure you know what the BMW tool costs. Anyone could make this for pretty cheap I'd guess, make decent money on it, and buyers would be thankful to have the option.

Filippo

If you search "50mm axle wrench" it comes up with plenty of options. I think I got mine on ebay for $10-15 shipped.

fmorelli

Lieutenant General
Staff member
Aug 11, 2017
Virginia
Ride
E89 Z4 35i, F10 535d
If you search "50mm axle wrench" it comes up with plenty of options. I think I got mine on ebay for $10-15 shipped.
They do, but for some reason people seem to prefer the style of wrench that I pictured. I suspect that the one you bought looks more like a flare wrench?

Filippo

Panzerfaust

Lieutenant
Jul 3, 2018
Chicago
Ride
E92 335i
Yep, HARD has a lot of products that no one else is producing and is definitely a valuable company to those of us who want to race. The only issue is that due to that, plus the fact that a lot of their products are made to order (even the fog light deletes I bought were MTO) they're a wee bit pricey on some things.

They make quality parts and I'm happy with both my AC Delete and foglight deletes but if there was a cheaper offering on their body panel/body part deletes I'd be interested. A proper rear seat delete thats priced accurately needs to happen for these cars, and another offering for a lightweight sunroof delete would be welcomed imo.

Functional hood scoop intake with provision for rain. If setup to supply a box with drain at bottom and the cone filters mount inside could work and then maybe have engine bay scavenged from a vent in low pressure zone so helps temps and airflow through fmic etc
Not that it's the biggest need imo (considering engine bay air evac @ WOT paired with the 335d scoop) but a hotside intake filter-box would be pretty cool. I've debated making one for myself that has heat shielding both outside and in but I'm not exactly a fabricator. I'd probably just hack up some 335d intake and use silver tape lol.

Reactions: JimboFresh206

JimboFresh206

Sergeant
Jan 29, 2018
Ride
335/635/535/533/633
Couldn't agree more, Adam is what Turner used to be but cooler lol

You can also always hit him up about parts you want/need. All of the parts come straight off of there Spec and Enduro cars, and i think that has a bit to do with the price since there all "Race Proven" . But as always the more options the better.

I feel really fortunate to have a local vendor thats so cool. I got to donate a b28 to there NWautoworks car, and see it live its life too the fullest (then die violently) lol

Reactions: Panzerfaust

Milan

Sergeant
Dec 24, 2016
jebi se
Ride
your mom
  • Informative
Reactions: Torgus

SJ_1989

Sergeant
Aug 7, 2018
Illinoisssss
Ride
2008 E90 335i
I bought this one and it worked as well. So they are out there.

https://www.amazon.com/Motion-Pro-08-0155-50mm-Wrench/dp/B000GTZ1HC

• Informative
Reactions: Torgus

Mrsngel17

Jun 14, 2019
Ride
2008 BMW 535i
I cant see why the Houzworkz bottom mount rhd kit wouldn't fit the e60, whats seems to be the difference.

e60 535 never made it to Australia but I could easily have it developed if it did.
Will it fit the Lhd? Us 5 series people don’t get the love and the chasis got 50/50 weight ‍♂️

Rob09msport

Major
Oct 28, 2017
Monroe CT
Ride
09 335i msport le mans 18 x5
Anyone know the weight of stock sunroof ? That once says preorder , it is a good price though. Maybe Marty could explore diff options like lexan or something

SJ_1989

Sergeant
Aug 7, 2018
Illinoisssss
Ride
2008 E90 335i
Anyone know the weight of stock sunroof ? That once says preorder , it is a good price though. Maybe Marty could explore diff options like lexan or something

It's around 30-35 lbs. I'd have to look when I get home. I have a spreadsheet where I weighed everything I've removed from the car, piece by piece, just haven't cleaned it up and posted it yet.

This website seems to be fairly accurate though from the parts I've compared to.

scrllock

Sergeant
Dec 17, 2018
Ride
2011 335xi
Decent cooling options would be nice, don't think anyone is excited with the current off the shelf radiators

Reactions: Asbjorn

Twisted Tuning

Lieutenant
Platinum Vendor
Oct 25, 2016
New York
www.twistedtuning.com
Ride
N54 and N55 Cars
What a tease!

yes, sorry, I was asked not to post any teasers photos of the new UI and iOS app. But its coming for real.

I think only a few people knew anything about that. Seemed like a sound idea though.
I would imagine that is what’s going to be used with the mhd integration seeing as how eos, motiv, and mhd have a really close relationship with one another.

yea, i was part of dev. and did some testing for that LPFP controller.

I could be wrong, but I believe the standalone that VTT sells can essentially do that. I believe Tony said with it all the dme controls is the DI injectors, but everything else from HPFP to boost control to PI is all the standalone. It's also not manufactured by VTT for those of you who fear their products, they just have exclusive distribution rights AFAIK.

Any good standalone can be used with these cars. From Haltech, Microtech, to ProEFI and etc. to control EVERYTHING but the DI injectors. These cars are nothing special really. But for some reason people seem to think they are. That VTT advertised ECU, is just being used as a piggyback to add features. Pretty doing anything any Good piggyback can do.

I personally don't have the software skills, but know people that do and all I can do is reach out on your behalf.

But threads like these show multiple vendors that read them what people actually want, I reached out to a few vendors across multiple forums and didn't even
get a response and just goes to show how arrogant some can be.

I know they are inundated with hundreds of emails everyday but if you want to be in business you need to sit up and listen to your customers.

One thing I know people would really like to see is an app or hardware solution to override the engine fan to full speed for a predetermined amount of time and trip the feature off at full throttle

This has been on my to-do list as well. I already have everything I need to test it out and mock it up based on the testing I was doing with the S55 fuel pumps.

are we sure you want the fan on full speed during WOT? that draws a good amount of extra power, that on the big end may effect other needed electroics (IE- coils, injectors, and etc.)

Here's an easy money tool to make. Tusk used to make a 50mm wrench for ATVs ... no longer available - I know because several people have asked me where to buy it, then asked if I'd sell mine. A great for doing the nut at the diff. I'm sure you know what the BMW tool costs. Anyone could make this for pretty cheap I'd guess, make decent money on it, and buyers would be thankful to have the option.

Filippo

View attachment 27873

tons of those available. But if the market is there, i could honestly probably have that made in a week. But there are so many. Just google 50mm wrench. they all do exactly the same thing.

SJ_1989

Sergeant
Aug 7, 2018
Illinoisssss
Ride
2008 E90 335i
Any good standalone can be used with these cars. From Haltech, Microtech, to ProEFI and etc. to control EVERYTHING but the DI injectors.

I'm pretty sure the Motec M141 can control piezo's. I've been digging on Motec's website recently. M142 has been used by Motiv on an N54 if I remember but I'm told they machined the head to accept N55 injectors. I'm guessing this is because the M141 was still in development.

There's actually an N54 base map on Motec's website. If you download M1 Tune, which is free, you can open the base map.

Here's a direct link.

Reactions: doublespaces