What would you like to see developed that currently doesn't exist ?

Traf

Sergeant
Aug 3, 2017
Ride
135i
A real DI fueling solution :p
DKG/DCT standalone with proper torque cut from the DME

Last edited:
Reactions: aus335iguy

martymil

Major General
Sep 6, 2017
Down Under
Ride
S65 1m
Real di solution is in the eye of the beholder but if you mean oem quality easily done by s55 setup (xdi pumps optional) and dct just by using the latest syvecs standalone to control it all problem solved, how deep are your pockets.

Any aftermarket twins and keep it under 18psi, outlast your motor.

Reactions: Rob09msport

Rob09msport

Major
Oct 28, 2017
Monroe CT
Ride
09 335i msport le mans 18 x5
A set of kits that address power levels as far as getting down track. Like axles and lock down then drive shaft and pumpkin or a true affordable plug and play for swaps.
A insert that is a self contained 90/10 or whatever plus helper spring that inserts into rear spring and you install by jacking car and switching spring at track use then switch back to go home for true ability to be dual purpose. All you need in front is 2 way adjustable shocks and you could have a real decent track setup then drive home on your street/ hpde setup

Rob09msport

Major
Oct 28, 2017
Monroe CT
Ride
A real n54 anti lag system and out of left field a sub enclosure for ski pass that is for e90 and e92 currently their is a e93 option. A small 25 shot setup to spool and drop iat that has solenoid to switch to spray fmic and chill it and radiator before a pass and or on track when temps get out of hand a 5 sec spray can drop coolant ,trans, and oil like crazy.

martymil

Major General
Sep 6, 2017
Down Under
Ride
S65 1m
The problem with our cars is irs, its never going to get down the track properly unless you convert to a 4 link and live axel setup which can easily be done but getting it engineered is another issue otherwise this would be race use only and never be able to be swapped out quickly.

Anti lag is easily achievable with a syvecs and getting quick drop in temps can be achieved with a DEI CryO2 Intercooler Sprayer Kits and a fan override.

Reactions: aus335iguy

aus335iguy

Colonel
Nov 18, 2017
Down under
Ride
335i DCT 2009
With respect to DCT control...Syvecs does nothing more than emulate the standard DME. A REAL flashing solution is required to actually change DCT behaviour. Once that’s available you’ll finally see some real 1/4 numbers from a standard transmission n54. At the moment all were doing is playing around the edges. Have a look at what some other rwd DCT cars can do we’re not even close.

• Agree
Reactions: JBacon335

martymil

Major General
Sep 6, 2017
Down Under
Ride
S65 1m
The new syvecs s7plus suppose to change all that, thos doesnt sound like just emulating the oem ecu.

• Ability to change torque levels and demand levels sent to the DSG Ecu for changing clutch pressure and Pull away drivability
• Change torque reduction levels on shifts. Essential for very high power cars where the Oem levels of reductions are not enough with the added torque from a Twin Turbo Kit
• Ability to change Torque ramp in after launch

Rob09msport

Major
Oct 28, 2017
Monroe CT
Ride
Has anyone played with xhp new settings at the strip. I would think a zf6 should be pretty competent now and the zf8 well that things bananas. I used to really want an is forv the dct but I think the zf auto are way too go for the strip.

Twisted Tuning

Lieutenant
Platinum Vendor
Oct 25, 2016
New York
www.twistedtuning.com
Ride
N54 and N55 Cars
The new syvecs s7plus suppose to change all that, thos doesnt sound like just emulating the oem ecu.

• Ability to change torque levels and demand levels sent to the DSG Ecu for changing clutch pressure and Pull away drivability
• Change torque reduction levels on shifts. Essential for very high power cars where the Oem levels of reductions are not enough with the added torque from a Twin Turbo Kit
• Ability to change Torque ramp in after launch

most of this is doable with the factory DME already. At least on N55 and S55.

buster84

Corporal
Mar 24, 2018
Ride
335 bmw xdrive
A way to stick a manual m3 transmission upto an n54, but that'll never happen xD

JimboFresh206

Sergeant
Jan 29, 2018
Ride
335/635/535/533/633
Vaccum Pump Drive, like a GZ, moroso, etc :)

Ideally similar to the VTT shotgun pulley.

Panzerfaust

Lieutenant
Jul 3, 2018
Chicago
Ride
E92 335i
IMO we need more ots drivetrain mods that are common on other platforms - something ADE seemed to be keen on doing before becoming what it is.

What I'd like to see most is the following, in order of want moreso than anything:
1. ZF compatible transbrake - self explanatory, but being able to really launch at the track with full boost would benefit EVERYONE, ST, upgraded twin or stock turbo. I think this is the biggest thing that would make our cars competitive at the track.

2. OTS higher stall torque converters- as of right now theres several people running upgradded converters that they had custom re-stalled by various big companies. Partnering with one of them to have higher stall TCs available with a core exchange program or similar would likewise help everyone at the track, especially with launching. The ZF6 trans shifts fast and allows full lockup whenever it needs it so we have a very capable trans that is once again just missing a basic "bolt on" upgrade that would make a huge difference for launches at the strip and likely benefit in more scenarios.

3. A locker-style diff, or similar item rather than the typical TorSen LSDs that dont lock 100%. That one company that offers the chinese clutch-type LSD upgrade for our stock diffs used to sell a part you dropped in that locked the gears as if you had a welded diff. This might not be ideal for everyone, but would certainly be useful for those of us hitting the strip or the drift crowd. Personally I'd be happy with just a knockoff, better-made version of the part they used to sell tbh. Having it be removable is a benefit in itself, but it would also be nice knowing we have a solid lock in our diff rather than hoping whoever welded the open diff did a good enough job for it to not break.

Reactions: JimboFresh206

JimboFresh206

Sergeant
Jan 29, 2018
Ride
335/635/535/533/633
Pump isnt designed for that environment.

I want a real solution : )

Last edited:

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
this got me thinking, how about an affordable, off the shelf driveshaft for e82 or e92 wanting to do m3 diff conversion

That is such a niche market though. I don't disagree, I'd like one as well but you'd be catering to the 1% of the wrong end of the market.

I think something more interesting would be a crank case vacuum system. Could see some actual gains and it solves an issue we actually have. I think @Erichale77 may have something setup along these lines but not sure how commercially viable it was.

IMO we need more ots drivetrain mods that are common on other platforms - something ADE seemed to be keen on doing before becoming what it is.

What I'd like to see most is the following, in order of want moreso than anything:
1. ZF compatible transbrake - self explanatory, but being able to really launch at the track with full boost would benefit EVERYONE, ST, upgraded twin or stock turbo. I think this is the biggest thing that would make our cars competitive at the track.

2. OTS higher stall torque converters- as of right now theres several people running upgradded converters that they had custom re-stalled by various big companies. Partnering with one of them to have higher stall TCs available with a core exchange program or similar would likewise help everyone at the track, especially with launching. The ZF6 trans shifts fast and allows full lockup whenever it needs it so we have a very capable trans that is once again just missing a basic "bolt on" upgrade that would make a huge difference for launches at the strip and likely benefit in more scenarios.

Every dollar spent on a ZF8 conversion is worth many times more in the long run. The number of vehicles that are being produced right now with that transmission ensures a healthy aftermarket to do the heavy lifting. Plus, I'm pretty sure the ZF8 can come with a trans brake and there is little sense in a higher stall when you're input shaft breaks a few feet later.