What would you like to see developed that currently doesn't exist ?

Rob09msport

Major
Oct 28, 2017
Monroe CT
Ride
09 335i msport le mans 18 x5
If realistic ideas are the point I misunderstood at first lol . I was doing dream world. Realistic would be true cold air intake for hotside inlet setup to have benefits of cleared up engine bay. Reverse ac cooling for track. Pnp trunk radiator kit either relocated or add on. For di I still don't get why not use an electric pump with a Hobbs style switch for x amount boost and have it pwm at like 2200 psi or setup as a return system this way it doesn't trigger until x amount of boost and then it starts ramping in to maintain set pressure so as not to upset factory dme.

SJ_1989

Sergeant
Aug 7, 2018
Illinoisssss
Ride
2008 E90 335i
For di I still don't get why not use an electric pump with a Hobbs style switch

Power required to drive the motor/pump unit at the pressure and flow needed and to get it to live is most likely why. Be cool if someone looked into it though. I've used electric secondary steering motors coupled with a gear pump that runs up to ~3000 psi at 60ish lpm on our construction machines for years. Here is an example. Motors get hot real quick and burn up after a minute or so. One time emergency use kind of thing. Technology is coming though as I'm starting to see more of our suppliers showcase electric motor/pump units driving cylinders and hydraulic motors which have high power requirements.

Reactions: kayzrx82

iminhell1

Sergeant
Jun 17, 2018
Pump isnt designed for that environment.

I want a real solution : )

Um.
Maybe you should hands on the pumps you've listed?

I have a GZ VP101a. All it is a rebuilt Ford smog pump.
Only thing is it's been flowed and you know what you're getting. The BMW pump has not, and all that takes is someone to test it ...

I also have a F Body pump. Rumor was they could make a few inches. I never seen that. I ran the pump at a steady 14v and it never did a thing worth while. Thankfully it was cheap.

• Dislike
Reactions: JimboFresh206

JimboFresh206

Sergeant
Jan 29, 2018
Ride
335/635/535/533/633
The OEM pump on the n54 isn't designed to draw oily blow by. Your missing what I said.

I have a GZ on my m30, well aware.

F body smog pump, aswell as a Volvo brake booster pump both died in short order on my last m54.

Also the draw kinda negates any gains.

Again just want something better than VTA and pan evac. Don't know why your being ehh about it lol. Weird flex imo.

rac

Sergeant
Nov 14, 2016
Australia
Ride
135i ST
Power required to drive the motor/pump unit at the pressure and flow needed and to get it to live is most likely why. Be cool if someone looked into it though. I've used electric secondary steering motors coupled with a gear pump that runs up to ~3000 psi at 60ish lpm on our construction machines for years. Here is an example. Motors get hot real quick and burn up after a minute or so. One time emergency use kind of thing. Technology is coming though as I'm starting to see more of our suppliers showcase electric motor/pump units driving cylinders and hydraulic motors which have high power requirements.

I looked at options a few years ago, the pump and motor combination was big, heavy and would consume too much power. Wasnt practical.

• Informative
Reactions: SJ_1989

bahn

Sergeant
Platinum Vendor
Nov 5, 2016
Iowa
Stock DME controlled pi wont happen, I remember someone talking about it and there is no room in the dme for something like this.
@jyamona and I are working on DME controlled PI as we speak there's enough unused space in the DMEs flash for all of the tables needed and we have a controller already manufactured. There's another project we are working on completing first though with @m18performance (N54 + N55 Hybrid Dual HPFP).

The Convert

Captain
Jun 4, 2017
Ride
@jyamona and I are working on DME controlled PI as we speak there's enough unused space in the DMEs flash for all of the tables needed and we have a controller already manufactured. There's another project we are working on completing first though with @m18performance (N54 + N55 Hybrid Dual HPFP).
Bout time! Lol. I was telling Chris they needed to do that a few years ago and copy the scheme that Toyota uses as a base.

scrllock

Sergeant
Dec 17, 2018
Ride
2011 335xi
I know this is an N54 thread but don’t forget about us E-series N55 folks. Sometimes with a small tweak parts work on both motors

It's a shame we're becoming more of a niche now that N55 development is focused on f-series. Kinda doubt we'll ever get flex fuel, and I haven't seen any solid info indicating that there will be ots n55e tuning options for the new n54 fueling solutions coming out. The real-time tuning LamboLover was working on would be cool, too, but obviously when you get into hardware r&d the market forces you to go in certain directions.

My even more niche need would be reversing the dxc module on my car, know of 3 people with 2011 335xis that can't code off the e-diff, flr, etc. because our dxc module just doesn't exist in any of the sp daten bins out there for us.

houtan

Lieutenant
Nov 2, 2017
Ride
135i N55 DCT; PS2
It's a shame we're becoming more of a niche now that N55 development is focused on f-series. Kinda doubt we'll ever get flex fuel, and I haven't seen any solid info indicating that there will be ots n55e tuning options for the new n54 fueling solutions coming out. The real-time tuning LamboLover was working on would be cool, too, but obviously when you get into hardware r&d the market forces you to go in certain directions.

My even more niche need would be reversing the dxc module on my car, know of 3 people with 2011 335xis that can't code off the e-diff, flr, etc. because our dxc module just doesn't exist in any of the sp daten bins out there for us.

I agree. But let’s remind people we are still here and maybe we will get some of the cool stuff!

houtan

Lieutenant
Nov 2, 2017
Ride
135i N55 DCT; PS2
You think the the PI stuff will make it to early e series n55?!

JuniorB

Sergeant
May 9, 2017
Rhode Island
Ride
07 e60
An e60 chassis specific single kit, that is complete without being overly priced. There are so many of these cars on the road today that are being upgraded, and although they share a lot of the e90 upgrades, a single turbo isn’t one of them.

• Agree
Reactions: Mrsngel17

Erichale77

Lieutenant
Nov 14, 2016
Clearwater, FL
Ride
07 E92 coupe
I thought Mike at EOSPEED was working on a PI controller as well

fmorelli

Lieutenant General
Staff member
Aug 11, 2017
Virginia
Ride
E89 Z4 35i, F10 535d
Oh i got one more.
Lets figure out what causes cyl5 timing drops.
I'd like to know if anyone with plugged PCV ports and clean intakes are having that problem.

Filippo

martymil

Major General
Sep 6, 2017
Down Under
Ride
S65 1m
I think that it’s uneven cylinder filling. (Cause of Cylinder 5 issues) not sure how to prove it.

I think your on to something here

I use to get constant 5 cylinder drop with the stock manifold but since switching to a forward facing manifold my logs as clean as they get.

Screenshot_20190610-070402.jpg

Last edited: