What would you like to see developed that currently doesn't exist ?

JimboFresh206

Sergeant
Jan 29, 2018
Ride
335/635/535/533/633
good to know, im assuming it would be alot of V and H?

N is fine, but i see your point :)

Your running the M-factory CF Driveshaft? did it cut down NVH compared to the oem 2 piece?

martymil

Major General
Sep 6, 2017
Down Under
Ride
S65 1m
good to know, im assuming it would be alot of V and H?

N is fine, but i see your point :)

Your running the M-factory CF Driveshaft? did it cut down NVH compared to the oem 2 piece?

Yes it did over 80% but still would like to try a rubber guibo to make it totally silent, I have a good ear for noises

• Love
Reactions: JimboFresh206

LoBoost

Sergeant
Dec 22, 2017
Ride
2008 135i, 2014 GTR
I may be alone here, but I would like a full carbon rear seat delete for my E82.

EDIT: and maybe a less aggressive widebody kit than the ones already on the market. Something similar to the 1M, but a little wider.

Reactions: houtan

Panzerfaust

Lieutenant
Jul 3, 2018
Chicago
Ride
E92 335i
I would absolutely buy a metal guibo and I'm sure anyone else with a track-oriented car would too. I almost bought a 1M/BMW guibo but due to the failures I held off, don't know if it's still available. I know IRP makes metal/poly gibes for literally every BMW but the N54, including the e9x M3. I dont know which I'd prefer most between solid metal, bigger rubber, or something in between. Personally I dont care if theres some NVH increase, i think the benefits outweigh the negatives there.

I also agree about a rear seat delete, though I know NRW is working on a carbon one eventually. Personally I dont need full carbon, anything from plastic to sheet metal would be fine for me because you're still dropping 40+ pounds when removing the rear seat. Lots of "little" stuff like that would be awesome to see and have a quick turnaround development wise I think, even though as mentioned before I put my initial list in order of what I want. However I'd already have bought things like a metal guibo in a heartbeat if I knew I didnt have to worry about a failure from something random.

martymil

Major General
Sep 6, 2017
Down Under
Ride
S65 1m
Your not alone on this one, just trying to get someone to make me a m4 gts style half cage first and then make a rear seat delete for the e82

Reactions: LoBoost

martymil

Major General
Sep 6, 2017
Down Under
Ride
S65 1m
I would absolutely buy a metal guibo and I'm sure anyone else with a track-oriented car would too. I almost bought a 1M/BMW guibo but due to the failures I held off, don't know if it's still available. I know IRP makes metal/poly gibes for literally every BMW but the N54, including the e9x M3. I dont know which I'd prefer most between solid metal, bigger rubber, or something in between. Personally I dont care if theres some NVH increase, i think the benefits outweigh the negatives there.

I also agree about a rear seat delete, though I know NRW is working on a carbon one eventually. Personally I dont need full carbon, anything from plastic to sheet metal would be fine for me because you're still dropping 40+ pounds when removing the rear seat. Lots of "little" stuff like that would be awesome to see and have a quick turnaround development wise I think, even though as mentioned before I put my initial list in order of what I want. However I'd already have bought things like a metal guibo in a heartbeat if I knew I didnt have to worry about a failure from something random.

I'm pretty sure the e92 m3 guibo is the same as 1m I'll have to double check

Traf

Sergeant
Aug 3, 2017
Ride
135i
I don't think the M3 and 1M guibo are the same. The output flange of the transmission is different, guibo should be too.

JimboFresh206

Sergeant
Jan 29, 2018
Ride
335/635/535/533/633
I know A4's use a similar Guibo, but it has the added steel shield.

would something similar make Guibo failure a bit less eventful?

I used to have pics from an e36 where the Guibo gave up life and sent the DS on a wild rampage in the trans tunnel.... will try and dig those up.

Most of the time its just cracks, but ive seen some pretty "eventful" failures./

SJ_1989

Sergeant
Aug 7, 2018
Illinoisssss
Ride
2008 E90 335i
Antilag that's not locked to a tune like wedge. I thought MHD was working on something?

+1 to the oil pressure sensor integrated into the DME so it can be logged through MHD.

Panzerfaust

Lieutenant
Jul 3, 2018
Chicago
Ride
E92 335i
The anti-lag/2-step feature has been in development for a while, and I think pretty much everyone wants it but Jake wants to make sure its fully functional and safe for everyone first. The WOTBOX seems to be the best option for those two things atm, whether you want to be flash only or if you're still a JB4 fan since it works better than the JB4 version and isnt just a noise maker.

I know A4's use a similar Guibo, but it has the added steel shield.

would something similar make Guibo failure a bit less eventful?

I used to have pics from an e36 where the Guibo gave up life and sent the DS on a wild rampage in the trans tunnel.... will try and dig those up.

Most of the time its just cracks, but ive seen some pretty "eventful" failures./

View attachment 27766
Is that just a rubber guibo encased in metal though? I can't imagine that offering near the level of performance that a full metal guibo would tbh. Probably more akin to metal bushing inserts than a full solid bushing. I think you're likely right that it's more to just prevent catastrophic failure as has been known to happen on several models of cars.

Reactions: JimboFresh206

JimboFresh206

Sergeant
Jan 29, 2018
Ride
335/635/535/533/633
Yeah it looks like a normal rubber donut with a metal case...

I know some v8 and v12 bims use larger/thicker guibos, but I would be worried about selector rod interference.

Would a thicker guibo be a stronger guibo?

Panzerfaust

Lieutenant
Jul 3, 2018
Chicago
Ride
E92 335i
Yeah it looks like a normal rubber donut with a metal case...

I know some v8 and v12 bims use larger/thicker guibos, but I would be worried about selector rod interference.

Would a thicker guibo be a stronger guibo?
I can't imagine that thicker would help with power transfer much, if anything it might just prevent the time in between swapping rubber guibos because theres more material so small cracks probably dont effect it as much.

I think at the very least a higher durometer rubber or similar material would be needed for quicker and better power transfer, if no one is interested in a full metal guibo. I might take a chance on the metal BMW guibo for the time being, hopefully theres less chance of a failure on an AT6 and a rear end that's setup for power transfer to the ground than stock components.

martymil

Major General
Sep 6, 2017
Down Under
Ride
S65 1m
ive been running the factory metal guibo since new and have around 25k miles on it and always above 550hp to 650hp pending on fuel and tune, tracked it, heaps on dyno runs/, drags strip and roll racing and its still like new so I don't know how people are breaking theirs.

I look into making one but it definitely wont be cheap for a handful of these.

miller335i

Private
Aug 1, 2017
Ride
Bmw 335i e90 2007
I'd like to have a BMW factory front view camera that I can use with my retrofitted E90 NBT evo!

Jake@MHD

Major
Platinum Vendor
Nov 7, 2016
Philly
Antilag that's not locked to a tune like wedge. I thought MHD was working on something?

The Wedge version also requires additional hardware wired into the IAT sensor. My code for MHD requires nothing at all, just the code :)

The anti-lag/2-step feature has been in development for a while, and I think pretty much everyone wants it but Jake wants to make sure its fully functional and safe for everyone first.

Correct, it is close. No new features until the new MHD app is completed though so that's been priority #1.