What'd you do to your car today??

b1mmr

Corporal
Jan 17, 2017
This is a popular thread and a good conversation starter among car forums.. so let's hear it, what'd you do to your car today?

Mine simply got cleaned. :eek::D

Attachments

• IMG_3213.JPG
    IMG_3213.JPG
    407.1 KB · Views: 507
  • IMG_3170.JPG
    IMG_3170.JPG
    364.9 KB · Views: 394
Reactions: doublespaces

mxfreestyle

Private
Jan 25, 2017
Drove mine to get parts for wifie's Mercedes so I can replace the thermostat, finally had time to do it!

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
Yesterday I even considered selling my car. 2009 E93 Black/Black with ~50k miles with all the options I wanted wasn't easy to find for a decent price within a reasonable distance.

I thought about picking up a 335is as ill likely end up at least upgrading to mtech or possibly an lci conversion.

b1mmr

Corporal
Jan 17, 2017
Hey I'm in Ohio! Haha Toledo.

Weird how many guys on here are from Ohio but where I'm at there's absolutely no car scene, like we are diamonds in the rough around here lol. I'm from a small town around Zanesville called Philo but planning to move closer to Columbus soon.

What little car scene there is, is usually based on a Honda Civic..

b1mmr

Corporal
Jan 17, 2017
Yesterday I even considered selling my car. 2009 E93 Black/Black with ~50k miles with all the options I wanted wasn't easy to find for a decent price within a reasonable distance.

I thought about picking up a 335is as ill likely end up at least upgrading to mtech or possibly an lci conversion.
I need to get use to this multiquote but yeah I often think about it too.. I'd like to build this car over time and I'm not sure I wanna do it with a 6at xi. Plan to LCI convert too so..

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
I need to get use to this multiquote but yeah I often think about it too.. I'd like to build this car over time and I'm not sure I wanna do it with a 6at xi. Plan to LCI convert too so..
A reply is automatically a "quote" and a quote is a multi quote and the box at the bottom is a normal reply.

Only thing with doing lci conversion is you don't get the 335is trims inside etc

b1mmr

Corporal
Jan 17, 2017
A reply is automatically a "quote" and a quote is a multi quote and the box at the bottom is a normal reply.

Only thing with doing lci conversion is you don't get the 335is trims inside etc
Yeah I just always forget to use it. My car is worth around 5.8 or so according to KBB and I owe like 8 something, so I wouldn't be trading it anytime soon. Besides if I convert it myself I can pick out the parts myself and chances are a lot of those parts would get swapped later on anyways.

Only things I would still desire are the 6mt and rwd. Someone needs to get the software for AWD to rwd convert so it's not just a fuse and or driveshaft removal.

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
Yeah I just always forget to use it. My car is worth around 5.8 or so according to KBB and I owe like 8 something, so I wouldn't be trading it anytime soon. Besides if I convert it myself I can pick out the parts myself and chances are a lot of those parts would get swapped later on anyways.

Only things I would still desire are the 6mt and rwd. Someone needs to get the software for AWD to rwd convert so it's not just a fuse and or driveshaft removal.

Luckily I don't have a loan, I paid 18 for it in September. Had 52k on it and all the major options. If someone can find me an E93 335is with less than 55k, black/black with nav, comfort access, alarm, logic 7, power folding mirrors, homelink, cold, premium and sport, for less than ~25k in the southwest, I'd be keen to listen. I'm not even sure which packages are standard or which packages it even has compared to a normal 335, but I basically want all the options :)

b1mmr

Corporal
Jan 17, 2017
Well
Luckily I don't have a loan, I paid 18 for it in September. Had 52k on it and all the major options. If someone can find me an E93 335is with less than 55k, black/black with nav, comfort access, alarm, logic 7, power folding mirrors, homelink, cold, premium and sport, for less than ~25k in the southwest, I'd be keen to listen. I'm not even sure which packages are standard or which packages it even has compared to a normal 335, but I basically want all the options :)
I wish you luck in your search! :) I hope you can find what you're looking for.

Yesterday I polished the tips on the car View: https://instagram.com/p/BQYgj29AU_D/

Cheezy

Lieutenant
Nov 7, 2016
Toledo Ohio
I just ordered this for my car, so I guess that's what I did to my car today. I have a question though, if I stick it to a piece of clear packing tape and stick that to the inside of my window, do you think it will hold up better than on the outside? In my experiences I usually scrape, crack, or peel stickers that are on the outside. Any ideas?
61QLvh25gTL._SL1500_.jpg

b1mmr

Corporal
Jan 17, 2017
I just ordered this for my car, so I guess that's what I did to my car today. I have a question though, if I stick it to a piece of clear packing tape and stick that to the inside of my window, do you think it will hold up better than on the outside? In my experiences I usually scrape, crack, or peel stickers that are on the outside. Any ideas?
My immediate thought is that your tape is going to collect dirt especially if it's on a window that goes up and down. Also, with the vinyl inside the window the logo will be competing with the windows glare. Just do your best to not scrape it off. Been there, done that. :)

Cracking etc is probably due to low quality vinyl or the vinyl was sitting forever before it was sold.

Got a jump on cleaning the engine bay myself.

Attachments

• 41ABCBED-00E8-4725-A1C1-7831093EE797.JPG
    41ABCBED-00E8-4725-A1C1-7831093EE797.JPG
    302.1 KB · Views: 274

Cheezy

Lieutenant
Nov 7, 2016
Toledo Ohio
My immediate thought is that your tape is going to collect dirt especially if it's on a window that goes up and down. Also, with the vinyl inside the window the logo will be competing with the windows glare. Just do your best to not scrape it off. Been there, done that. :)

Cracking etc is probably due to low quality vinyl or the vinyl was sitting forever before it was sold.

Got a jump on cleaning the engine bay myself.
It's going on the window behind the driver door so not going up and down. Winter is a thing that happens here so ice scrapers are sticker killers. I still don't know what I'm gonna do with it... We will see when it arrives

b1mmr

Corporal
Jan 17, 2017
It's going on the window behind the driver door so not going up and down. Winter is a thing that happens here so ice scrapers are sticker killers. I still don't know what I'm gonna do with it... We will see when it arrives
Just have to remember it out it on in spring.. I rarely scrape my windows anymore anyways.. use my RFID badge for work on my fronts and I'm gone+ Garage at home.

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
I didn't do anything to my car specifically, but I did get a 3 ton aluminum jack, couple bottle jack-jack stands, couple ingersoll rand air tools, engine brace, hard back bentley, etc