X5D best tuned/deleted 1/4 mile runs?

Itsbrokeagain

Corporal
Jan 28, 2018
Strong Island
Ride
E70 X5d, E39 528iT, E46 325xi
I run the Hot Shot See (HSS) products on both my diesel.
HSS EDT - every tank fill-up, mostly to increase lubricity for the fuel system. That's my single greatest concern. I only gas up at Shell and Exxon.
HSS Diesel Extreme - once or twice a year just to keep everything clean.
HSS FR3 or Liquimoly Ceratec - oil additive package with each wheel change.

Is it worth it? first of all I buy the hot shot secret products at a big discount. Did you some really good deals on supplying additional free product and free shipping when you buy. So I don't find the cost to be that much. FR3 is really impressive. I can barely hear the engine run when I have that in the oil.

On the rest we don't know. Cheap insurance hopefully.

Filippo

Can I get a PM with that 'big discount' code? :innocent: I need to restock up on the HSS goods. Been running the Everyday treatment and every 5-8 tanks I run the extreme through it...

fmorelli

Lieutenant General
Staff member
Aug 11, 2017
Virginia
Ride
E89 Z4 35i, F10 535d
Can I get a PM with that 'big discount' code? :innocent: I need to restock up on the HSS goods. Been running the Everyday treatment and every 5-8 tanks I run the extreme through it...
Here's what I did recently. I have the 16oz dispense bottles for EDT from prior purchases. Being a bit of a tightwad now ... so I bought the 1 QT EDT bottle (it's almost half the cost per ounce) with the idea of refilling the dispense bottles (kind of a bit of a pin). Then I got a free quart of Diesel Extreme with the coupon (de17free) ... and free ship. So 2 quarts of product for $25 shipped.

If you've not run the FR3 in your diesel you should go looking for a deal on that - if you buy it, put it in your motor and don't notice a difference in the first 100 miles, I'll paypal you the FR3 cost ... how's that for a spoolstreet random deal lol ...

Filippo

Screen Shot 2019-05-24 at 3.58.18 PM.png

Blaster3500

Sergeant
Nov 5, 2016
SC
Here's what I did recently. I have the 16oz dispense bottles for EDT from prior purchases. Being a bit of a tightwad now ... so I bought the 1 QT EDT bottle (it's almost half the cost per ounce) with the idea of refilling the dispense bottles (kind of a bit of a pin). Then I got a free quart of Diesel Extreme with the coupon (de17free) ... and free ship. So 2 quarts of product for $25 shipped.

If you've not run the FR3 in your diesel you should go looking for a deal on that - if you buy it, put it in your motor and don't notice a difference in the first 100 miles, I'll paypal you the FR3 cost ... how's that for a spoolstreet random deal lol ...

Filippo

View attachment 27401

Thank you for posting the code! I got a 16oz and a free quart of EDT for $17 shipped.

818AG

Jan 25, 2020
Los Angeles County
Ride
11' X5D
I saw that on drag times as well. I am guessing he got the 1/8 mile E/T wrong. That being said if the et and trap for the 1/4 is accurate, that is not bad at all. After a tune and delete I will take it back and run it again for a comparison.

Bringing this back from the dead lol.. Yes I must have typed it in wrong.. best 1/8 ive gotten at Irwindale was an 8.57 @80.. Broke a half shaft next pass :/
This is on a Malone 2.9 race tune with swirl flap delete, aarod. egr race pipe, atm non catted dp and midpipe. on the stock 20's w/ 315's in back.
Already installing my own water/meth setup and plan on getting some of the new hybrid turbos and an r90 pump from aaroadriguez, but I'm a little worried ill need to get a backup trans first and probably rework the tq converter