XClutch Twin Disc Review & Installation (6MT N54)

Lucien316

Private
Jan 28, 2021
Yeah so no way in hell you’d go ceramic over organic? Only pushing maybe 700whp at most. Light track days in future maybe..

martymil

Major General
Sep 6, 2017
Down Under
Ride
S65 1m
So you drive a 1M? I ordered rogue trans bushings. You’re saying you have a solid dif bushings but oem rsbf? What about engine mount, and trans for you? A rep at AGK told me the trans, and motor mount have to be same stiffness, and well as dif and subframe. I was actually thinking going stock everything but rogue trans. I’m going for 700whp.

I had everything stock except the diff bushes to stop shearing the diff bolts off that hold it in place, once you go over 550rwhp they occasionally tend to exit stage right when using stock bushes.

Reactions: Lucien316

Lucien316

Private
Jan 28, 2021
I had everything stock except the diff bushes to stop shearing the diff bolts off that hold it in place, once you go over 550rwhp they occasionally tend to exit stage right when using stock bushes.
You’re the guy that’s been helping me with my build through Facebook recently correct? You don’t think I’m better off with the poly ones vs solid and it’s not ok to run both dif and rsbf upgrade together? Solid sets or poly if so?? Thx bro!

martymil

Major General
Sep 6, 2017
Down Under
Ride
S65 1m
yes I'am, you don't want any movement in the diff bushes, i think poly could be good, but I prefer solid for no movement.

I used the ones from bimmerworld as they don't transfer nvh like totally solid ones.

for me no movement was needed as axels are expensive and driveshaft was carbon fibre.

Havent broken one since, yes I have a little nvh but you really have to listen for it over the road tyre noise.

E8X/E9X M3/1M Solid Aluminum Differential Mount Set (bimmerworld.com)

Reactions: Lucien316