XClutch Twin Disk - Group Buy Feeler

martymil

Major General
Sep 6, 2017
Down Under
Ride
S65 1m
Yes it does a slight whirring or metal shimming sound, I did mention this before its from the metal thrust bearing.

If you don't want this you must use a new stock thrust bearing but I prefer the metal and I had the plastic one almost disintegrate
on me with the 550i clutch.

Reactions: veer90

Mikeyyyyy

Lurker
Nov 7, 2018
Ride
2009 e92 335i 6mt
Yes it does a slight whirring or metal shimming sound, I did mention this before its from the metal thrust bearing.

If you don't want this you must use a new stock thrust bearing but I prefer the metal and I had the plastic one almost disintegrate
on me with the 550i clutch.
Oh okay good! I thought I had installed mine incorrectly somehow lol I replaced both the pilot bearing and thrust bearing.

noorj

Corporal
Jul 12, 2017
Detroit, MI
Ride
'07 E90 335i
maybe I missed this, but does the clutch kit come with flywheel to crank and pressure plate to flywheel bolts?

fmorelli

Lieutenant General
Staff member
Aug 11, 2017
Virginia
Ride
E89 Z4 35i, F10 535d
We really just need an XClutch rep to join in here. This is a large sum of money waiting for them, however this waiting due to 3rd party organizing it all has gotten ridiculous.
Yup. As we head to the end of January. The silence is deafening.

Filippo

BSimmi15

Private
Aug 1, 2017
Ride
BMW 335xi e92 MT
Hey Guys,

I agree with everything everyone has said here, the communication hasn't been amazing but I am guessing he is trying to get some sort of process to order it from their site. I just sent him another request on the other forum where he is working out of, I don't know the forum rules well but it rhyms with screamer-boost. I really hope to have information by tomorrow, I want this done too guys!!!

Thanks,

Bsimmi15

chrisdfv

Corporal
Aug 29, 2017
Ride
E90 335i
I emailed xclutch directly on their site yesterday asking if they wanted our money or not. This is the response I got.
1548339141002.png

C_Meadows

Jan 24, 2019
Ride
Bmw 135i
Well that's a relief hahaha. Thank you Chris!!
Hi Guys,

I apologise for not replying, I wasn't even a member of this forum until about 5 minutes ago. I had a couple of you guys email me during the week but I was completely unaware this was different to the bummerboost/Boostaddict forum, as you can tell by my response earlier.

Sorry for sounding a bit naïve here, but is the list on the other fourm the same as the one you guys are working on but it's just over two different forums?

Also feel free to ask any questions along the way, more than happy to help.

Chris.

Last edited:

BSimmi15

Private
Aug 1, 2017
Ride
BMW 335xi e92 MT
Hey @C_Meadows,

That is correct, I have been doing my best to keep up with both forums to get you the most accurate list I could. It has been a challenge lol. So the plan is to ship everything to your U.S. Warehouse and then you will start taking deposits? Sounds good to me!

Will we be using Paypal for payment or how will that go down?

Thanks,

Bsimmi15

suspenceful

10 Second Club
Aug 1, 2017
Ride
2015 M3, 2008 135i, 2009 335i
I just realized my spec is inaccurate. I need an 8 bolt, not a 6 bolt!

fmorelli

Lieutenant General
Staff member
Aug 11, 2017
Virginia
Ride
E89 Z4 35i, F10 535d
Also feel free to ask any questions along the way, more than happy to help./QUOTE]

Hi Chris, thanks for hopping on here. I believe there are two fairly straightforward questions:
1) when will you be requesting payment?
2) when can we expect the products delivered to our doorstep?

Thanks for your time!

Filippo

fmorelli

Lieutenant General
Staff member
Aug 11, 2017
Virginia
Ride
E89 Z4 35i, F10 535d
I'm going to go ahead and repeat @C_Meadows ' post Friday Jan 25 from the bummerboost thread on this GB:
[
Hi All,

I'm sorry if some of you are getting a bit ancy but I've had multiple guys emailing me the past week or so wanting to pull out and guys wanting to go through me to get on the list, so it's been very overwhelming and very hard to keep track of..

We've got all the Kit's built based off this list.

1) @Bsimmi15--> Confirmed, 8 Bolt Organic
2) @tsaulz--> Confirmed, 8 Bolt Organic
3) @Shocknawe--> Confirmed, 6 Bolt Organic
4) @noorj--> Confirmed, 8 Bolt Organic
5) @GreyNBlueE92--> Confirmed, 8 Bolt Ceramic
6) @JimmyNeutron--> Confirmed, 8 Bolt Ceramic
7) @ggmr2t--> Confirmed, 8 Bolt Ceramic
8) @AlexN --> Confirmed, 6 Bolt Organic
9) @WOT808 --> Confirmed, 8 Bolt Organic
10) @suspenceful--> Confirmed, 6 Bolt Ceramic
11) @veer90--> Confirmed, 8 Bolt Ceramic
12) @UROTRSH --> Confirmed, 8 Bolt Organic
13) @nahor --> Confirmed, 6 Bolt Organic
14) @Aaron --> Confirmed, 8 Bolt Ceramic
15) @zcchen --> Confirmed, 6 Bolt Organic
16) @Fos5il --> Confirmed, 8 Bolt Organic
17) @Hpaula --> Confirmed, 6 Bolt Organic
18) @onefast2gdsm --> Confirmed, 8 Bolt Ceramic
19) @InnovativeAuto --> Confirmed, 6 Bolt Organic
20) @Mikeyyyyy --> Confirmed, 6 Bolt Ceramic
21) @Willyboy --> Confirmed, 8 Bolt Organic
22) @TGray --> Confirmed, 8 Bolt Organic
23) @jyamona -->Confirmed, 6 Bolt Organic
24) @singleTurboFox --> Confirmed, 8 Bolt Ceramic
25) @dreyo27--> Confirmed, 8 Bolt Organic
26) @fmorelli--> Confirmed, 6 Bolt Organic.... 2011 E89 Z4 N54.
27) @Trackar --> Confirmed, 8 Bolt Ceramic
28) @vrsixxxxxx --> Confirmed, 8 Bolt Ceramic
29) @Vdkk --> Confirmed, 8 Bolt Organic
30) @bsloss13 --> Confirmed, 6 Bolt Organic
31) @saskatchewan135 --> Confirmed, 6 Bolt Ceramic
32) @Sven --> Confirmed, 8 Bolt Ceramic

Now looking at a few of the names here I already know of a couple who have dropped out which is fine.

We're aiming to send the freight the week after next. At this stage we will not be taking deposits or payments until the stock has arrived in the US. I know that's not ideal for some but most of the guys we've spoken with were keen for this as it allows more time to save money and to be honest this works much easier for us too.

We understand some in that time will inevitably dropout and while we hope that is not the case, this has been much bigger than we anticipated.

I'll update with further details next week.

Chris.

Dreyo27

Corporal
Nov 28, 2016
Sacramento
Ride
2007 335i 2008 535i
Hi Guys,

I apologise for not replying, I wasn't even a member of this forum until about 5 minutes ago. I had a couple of you guys email me during the week but I was completely unaware this was different to the bummerboost/Boostaddict forum, as you can tell by my response earlier.

Sorry for sounding a bit naïve here, but is the list on the other fourm the same as the one you guys are working on but it's just ovcer two different forums?

Chris.

What is the balance tolerances?

Reactions: Jake@MHD

darrell135

Jan 21, 2019
Ride
2010 E82 135i
Hi Guys,

Sorry for sounding a bit naïve here, but is the list on the other fourm the same as the one you guys are working on but it's just ovcer two different forums?

Chris.

Hey Chris,

I was one of those members who emailed you separately. If the group buy is still available i would like to purchase the 6 bolt twin organic disc clutch kit. Best regards.

zcchen

Lurker
Nov 19, 2018
Ride
1M
Hey @C_Meadows,

That is correct, I have been doing my best to keep up with both forums to get you the most accurate list I could. It has been a challenge lol. So the plan is to ship everything to your U.S. Warehouse and then you will start taking deposits? Sounds good to me!

Will we be using Paypal for payment or how will that go down?

Thanks,

Bsimmi15

Where will they ship from, AUS or US? Since I'm located in China, maybe they can ship here instead of the US?