Lieutenant
Nov 16, 2016
West Nyack, NY
Ride
e90 335i 6MT
UPDATE!!

See below from Chris:

Hi All,

Just a quick update to let you know the clutches are on their way to the US. As I said a couple of weeks ago, we will not be handling deposits or payments from here, rather we'll have Michael from M Factory handling this once the Kit's arrive.

Michael is on the forums and some of you may know him already. He will handle both the payments and the freight.

Once we can confirm the delivery date of the Kits, we will advise and get these sorted so you guys aren't kept waiting too long!

so am I paying xclutch or mfactory? my last transaction with mfactory direct left a bad taste and I don't like dealing with them.

MFactory

Corporal
Oct 25, 2016
I'm not sure what issues you had, but if you could PM me to discuss (I do not want to take this thread off-topic), I will see what I can do to help

Regarding the group buy, we will be handling this, as per my post

Reactions: saskatchewan135

fmorelli

Lieutenant General
Staff member
Aug 11, 2017
Virginia
Ride
E89 Z4 35i, F10 535d
Pricing:
Twin Disc Organic: $1204.06 (MSRP $1711.73) + Fedex Ground Shipping Costs
Twin Disc Ceramic: $1276.78 (MSRP $1925.50) + Fedex Ground Shipping Costs
[...snip...]
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask :)
Hi Michael, glad you're helping out. Our November 13, 2018 Group Buy post provided pricing:
Current MSRP
Twin Disc Organic: $1,875.00 AUD
Twin Disc Ceramic: $1,995.00 AUD
Min. buy of 20x Kits (15% discount)
Twin Disc Organic: $1,593.75 AUD
Twin Disc Ceramic: $1,695.75 AUD

For the past many months the exchange ratio has been 0.71-0.72. Today that converts to
Twin Disc Organic: $1,593.75 AUD ($1,141.58 USD)
Twin Disc Ceramic: $1,695.75 AUD ($ 1,214.33USD)

I'm not sure how that reconciles with the numbers in your post? Maybe my math is wrong. The list price you posted is different than the MSRP posted in the group buy. The discount you posted is also different than the group buy. Most importantly the final price you posted is higher than what was published. I'm sure you can clear up my confusion. Thanks!

Filippo

Last edited:

MFactory

Corporal
Oct 25, 2016
The pricing that I posted were the final numbers that Chris had informed me to post. Let me double check

Reactions: fmorelli

MFactory

Corporal
Oct 25, 2016
I'm still waiting for Chris' reply, but one thing you have to remember is, the price that I am quoting is the final landed cost, not simply just the AU RRP converted to USD

This means, international freight charges, gate/clearance charges, duty charges (around 2.5%) are all included in this price.

suspenceful

10 Second Club
Aug 1, 2017
Ride
2015 M3, 2008 135i, 2009 335i
I'm still waiting for Chris' reply, but one thing you have to remember is, the price that I am quoting is the final landed cost, not simply just the AU RRP converted to USD

This means, international freight charges, gate/clearance charges, duty charges (around 2.5%) are all included in this price.

The only issue with that is, none of that was conveyed up front. Chris made it seem like it'd be a straight conversion with the discount.

Reactions: saskatchewan135

MFactory

Corporal
Oct 25, 2016
This issue is something only Chris can resolve as I do not have the ability to change the pricing; I just posted the pricing that I was told to.

Hopefully Chris will be able to clarify this shortly.

fmorelli

Lieutenant General
Staff member
Aug 11, 2017
Virginia
Ride
E89 Z4 35i, F10 535d
This issue is something only Chris can resolve as I do not have the ability to change the pricing; I just posted the pricing that I was told to.

Hopefully Chris will be able to clarify this shortly.
Since Chris (@C_Meadows) provided the original information through @BSimmi15 , that makes total sense Michael (@MFactory). Chris just needs to start from where the GB pricing was proposed. That makes sense since it was the basis for many of us choosing to commit and sign up for the GB .

Thanks,

Filippo

BSimmi15

Private
Aug 1, 2017
Ride
BMW 335xi e92 MT
Hey @MFactory,

Thank you so much for jumping in and acting as the middle party for this GB!! I appreciate your help and hopefully Chris can help clear up some of the confusion on pricing. The way I look at it, it's only ~$50 dollars more for a killer clutch but I do see people's points on the price that Chris originally proposed.

Either way I will be reaching out to you next week to place my deposit.

Thanks again!!

Bsimmi15

Reactions: WOT808

gmagnus7

Corporal
Dec 3, 2018
Ride
135i N54
I'd like to hear some reviews of the ceramic vs organic version. Not sure which to look into. I hear organic clutches can get too hot on the occasional track day.

Reactions: Straightboostin

shushikiary

Sergeant
Jun 4, 2018
Ride
335xi
I've already spoken up a few times about the ceramic.... When I originally asked them about which one I should get they said the organic would hold up to an occasional track day, but if I was launching the car hard at all regularly or tracking it more than occasionally I'd want the ceramic.

I got the ceramic, because me being me, I knew if I didn't I'd break it.

I'll admit its grabby. You have to pay attention at the engagement point, you can't just lift your foot through it or its going to jolt you. But if you learn finesse its fine. I daily drive the thing without any issues. I'll admit its easy to do a soft and easy start, or a full on launch, but doing a "medium" speed launch that require some slipping can be a challenge.

Overall I love the thing, much better than my SPEC 3+, much much lighter pedal and more consistent.

Last edited:

fmorelli

Lieutenant General
Staff member
Aug 11, 2017
Virginia
Ride
E89 Z4 35i, F10 535d
Yep. This is pretty elementary stuff. We just need Chris @C_Meadows to start from his November 13, 2018 pricing and walk us forward. I suggest we hold off on doing anything more with @MFactory until this gets sorted out. More straightforward that way, especially since we now have another vendor and 3rd person in the middle of this deal.

Thanks. We'll wait on Chris to fill us in.

Filippo

p.s. Thanks to both @BSimmi15 and @MFactory for assisting in making this GB happen.

Last edited:

Jake@MHD

Major
Platinum Vendor
Nov 7, 2016
Philly
Also can Chris Medows tell us how accuretely they balance the flywheel and pressureplate?
My Mfactory was 7 grams off on the flywheel and 3 grams on pressure plate. Getting it down to 1 gram reduced my NVH by good 30+%.

This x10.

MFactory

Corporal
Oct 25, 2016
Hey guys,

the official reply from Chris:

"Sorry I’ve been in and out of the office all week. I can see the discrepancy and going back through my paperwork, the difference was to compensate for the freight to the US. I averaged about 5% for the delivery cost per Kit to the US, this is on top of the charge for delivery from the warehouse to the end user.

I made it clear on the forum that there would be a freight charge that would be calculated once we had an idea on numbers.

I based that pricing off the 10% discount quoted on the forum pages."

As Chris is calculating pricing based on current exchange rates, it will keep on changing by the time the clutches arrive in the US and are ready to ship.

Because of this, I won't be able to quote any definite pricing, nor take pre-orders until the clutches have arrived and cleared customs.

I'll keep everyone updated on the status of the shipment

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask :)