XClutch Twin Disk - Group Buy Feeler

fmorelli

Lieutenant General
Staff member
Aug 11, 2017
Virginia
Ride
E89 Z4 35i, F10 535d
Michael, thanks for getting this stuff shipped lickity split. Arrived today.

Filippo

twinturbos

Sergeant
Jan 1, 2019
Ride
E92 335i MT
It's the softest pedal feel of any after market clutch I have driven. Engagement is grabby but not on/off by any means, and with a little seat time it's not a problem daily driving, and sitting in traffic. I posted videos of the noise associated with the metal throw out and the chatter.

The chatter I wouldn't say is any different than any other aftermarket flywheel. If you don't want chatter period, put your car back to stock.
Which one did you get ?

noorj

Corporal
Jul 12, 2017
Detroit, MI
Ride
'07 E90 335i
Mine's in, just finished replacing engine + clutch though so I have a few things to tie up on the engine side. Pedal feel is slightly lighter than the spec stage 3+ that came out, I'll update with first driving impressions this weekend!

chrisdfv

Corporal
Aug 29, 2017
Ride
E90 335i
Mine's in, just finished replacing engine + clutch though so I have a few things to tie up on the engine side. Pedal feel is slightly lighter than the spec stage 3+ that came out, I'll update with first driving impressions this weekend!

Pedal feel will only get better. I'm almost at 2000 mi on mine, and it's better than ever, engagement only gets better.

Reactions: Frenchie1013

Frenchie1013

Lurker
Jun 26, 2017
Ride
335i
Just ordered mine from @MFactory. Can’t wait to get it installed. Can’t even floor it in 3rd at any rpm!

Thanks Michael for the responsiveness !

noorj

Corporal
Jul 12, 2017
Detroit, MI
Ride
'07 E90 335i
Still haven’t driven it yet but i did start it up. Clutch chatter in neutral is almost non-exsistent, definitely better than the spec setup with a 850rpm idle. The throw out bearing is pretty loud when the clutch is depressed though, much louder than before but hopefully it’ll quiet down after breakin

Last edited:

martymil

Major General
Sep 6, 2017
Down Under
Ride
S65 1m
The bearing does quiet down after around 1500 miles to almost non existent the more you put on.

You can use stock one but I've seen them fail on other twin plate clutches and it wasn't pretty thats why i suggest using the supplied one and put up with the noise for a while

Reactions: chrisdfv

noorj

Corporal
Jul 12, 2017
Detroit, MI
Ride
'07 E90 335i
100 mile update!

It's definitely more grabby than the spec but after about a day I'm used to it. The friction zone (or slip zone whatever you want to call it) definitely seems narrow. You'll without a doubt stall it once or twice when re-learning the friction zone. The neutral chatter has actually come back slightly after putting some miles on it, but I would say less so than with the spec. The throw out bearing noise when the clutch is depressed has already gotten better, still only noticeable to me with the windows down but the girlfriend says she doesn't hear it in the car anymore. As far as NVH goes, I can't really say how it compares because I also changed to revshift 80A engine mounts at the same time, but to me it seems like it's similar to before.

I'll update again after break-in is complete

Reactions: chrisdfv

martymil

Major General
Sep 6, 2017
Down Under
Ride
S65 1m
The stock ones cant handle the load from the twin pressure plate and they fall apart and spray their prelubricated grease all over your clutch

Aaron

Lieutenant
Nov 3, 2016
Colorado
Ride
Silver 2013 335is 6MT
Count me out of the group buy. Can't trust the vendor when they can't bother to respond.

MFactory

Corporal
Oct 25, 2016
Count me out of the group buy. Can't trust the vendor when they can't bother to respond.

We (MFactory) have taken over the handling of this group buy, and have responded to every enquiry/pm/email that we have received regarding the clutches. Some have already received and installed their clutches.

Did you have a specific question about the product?

Aaron

Lieutenant
Nov 3, 2016
Colorado
Ride
Silver 2013 335is 6MT
You have no doubt, but at the end of the day, if I have a problem with the clutch, I'm going to be at their mercy.

MFactory

Corporal
Oct 25, 2016
As we are their official west coast distribution facility (and master warehouse distributor), if you have any issues with your clutch, you can contact us for assistance. Alternatively, you can contact XClutch USA directly via phone or email. The US man-in-charge, Steve Kaminski, replies to all enquiries within 24hrs.