XClutch Twin Disk - Group Buy Feeler

twinturbos

Sergeant
Jan 1, 2019
Ride
E92 335i MT
Had the ceramic clutch for a bit now. Bite is incredible. I'm still breaking it in. Taking off with this damn thing is a pain in the ass but otherwise seems great so far. Metal throwout bearing is pretty noisy.

Reactions: GGMR2T

fmorelli

Lieutenant General
Staff member
Aug 11, 2017
Virginia
Ride
E89 Z4 35i, F10 535d
More comments from anyone on the metal TO bearing? Debating whether it goes in or a Luk TO goes in ... thanks!

Filippo

noorj

Corporal
Jul 12, 2017
Detroit, MI
Ride
'07 E90 335i
I've got 2200mi on mine now, driveability is great but the throwout bearing is still plenty loud. Love the clutch overall but I don't understand how other clutch manufacturers make upgraded TOB's that don't make noise and suffer heavier pressure plates. Oh well

• Informative
Reactions: fmorelli

Frenchie1013

Lurker
Jun 26, 2017
Ride
335i
I also have the metal throw out bearing and yes it is loud but I’m only at 110miles on the clutch, but from the comment above, it doesn’t look like it will get any quieter but I don’t really mind

fmorelli

Lieutenant General
Staff member
Aug 11, 2017
Virginia
Ride
E89 Z4 35i, F10 535d
Guys when you talk about the TO bearing, can you also mention what trans mounts you are running? Stock, PU, etc ... Thanks!

Filippo

martymil

Major General
Sep 6, 2017
Down Under
Ride
S65 1m
I've got 2200mi on mine now, driveability is great but the throwout bearing is still plenty loud. Love the clutch overall but I don't understand how other clutch manufacturers make upgraded TOB's that don't make noise and suffer heavier pressure plates. Oh well

The metal ones all make the noise and well documented, so everyone started using oem to get rid of the noise.

As stated earlier you can use the stock one but they do sometimes fail and spray grease all over the place.

I use the stock mounts and the metal guibo with the rubber inserts, I would think changing the guibo to full rubber would help reduce the noise somewhat.

noorj

Corporal
Jul 12, 2017
Detroit, MI
Ride
'07 E90 335i
That is not true, both spec stage 3+ and spec twin disk have metal TOB’s and do not make noise. It’s all about the type of bearing used

Mikeyyyyy

Lurker
Nov 7, 2018
Ride
2009 e92 335i 6mt
Have over 5k miles on my ceramic xclutch so far and it’s amazing! Metal throwout bearing is loud and taking off from a dead stop is kind of harsh but other than that it’s awesome! I’ve had mmp stage 3s at 29psi and now single turbo and nls every single wot shift and this clutch has held up perfectly!!!!! Well worth the money

• Informative
Reactions: fmorelli

martymil

Major General
Sep 6, 2017
Down Under
Ride
S65 1m
I had the motiv twin disk which is the rebranded spec one and the metal TO bearing was just as noisy as the xclutch so don't know whats changed if it did
ended pulling the bearing out and using the oem one with the motiv.

I persevered with the xclutch one and its not noisy anymore

N54CoupeHP

Lurker
Jun 12, 2018
Ride
2012 BMW 335is
Hey Spoolstreet,

So I am trying to organize this Group Buy and we have already gotten a few people to sign up from different forums with some dependent on the final price. This is from the XClutch Rep: "We're also open to a group buy if you think you have enough numbers to do so." I am thinking if we get to at least 10 people then we might have something, 20 people I'm sure would mean a stellar price for all of us.

Let me know if you are interested, I'll throw you on the list! :)

What's the torque rating?

veer90

Lieutenant
Nov 16, 2016
West Nyack, NY
Ride
e90 335i 6MT
The latest I've got from the manager is the container is due to arrive next week. If you've not already put in your pre-order (i.e PM'd me regarding payment), please note that pre-order pricing is only valid up until the stock has arrived and ready to ship out to customers. After this, the pricing will revert back to MSRP

If you are on the group buy list and wish to order at the pre-order pricing, please contact me asap.

Regarding the balancing issue, could you PM me with more details and I'll forward onto the engineer. Thanks!

as discussed I'd like to verify part numbers with you prior to sending payment. sent you a PM

Marlon aleman

Feb 13, 2019
Ride
pontiac1998
I have 2009 awd manual transmission 335ix single turbo 6266 I think I going do do 850 awh

GGMR2T

Private
May 31, 2018
Ride
2007 E90 335i 6mt
Had the ceramic clutch for a bit now. Bite is incredible. I'm still breaking it in. Taking off with this damn thing is a pain in the ass but otherwise seems great so far. Metal throwout bearing is pretty noisy.
+1 I’m at about 100 mls now and concur with all this. The consensus seems to be that the more it breaks in, the easier the take offs and less noise from the TOB. I hope all that comes to fruition because I love everything else about it. On a side note I am getting some tranny noise, but I also switched to red line atf D6 at the same time so I’m not sure if that’s allowing more noise to come from the rotating assembly or what, but it’s not terrible. I’m running E46 M3 tranny mounts fwiw.

martymil

Major General
Sep 6, 2017
Down Under
Ride
S65 1m
did you turn up the idle to 900rpm, it virtually goes silent with an occasional rattle here and there ?

GGMR2T

Private
May 31, 2018
Ride
2007 E90 335i 6mt
did you turn up the idle to 900rpm, it virtually goes silent with an occasional rattle here and there ?
Yes I did. I honestly wonder if it’s because of the fluid being thinner and not absorbing as much of the tranny sounds. May not have anything to do with the clutch.

MFactory

Corporal
Oct 25, 2016
Just to clear this up, as a lot of people were asking in the PM's.

The final pre-order (group buy) pricing is $1250 inc shipping for the organic, and $1350 inc shipping for the ceramic (within the US).

After accounting for the exchange rate/shipping/duty/processing, this actually works out around $5-10 cheaper than what I originally quoted for the group buy pricing, but as I offered the "in stock" batch at this price, I am offering the same price for the new stock

However, after the stock arrives at the warehouse and is ready to ship, the pre-order (group buy) will cease and prices will go back up to MSRP. If you've not already PM'd me, please do so asap

Thanks!

Reactions: doublespaces