XClutch Twin Disk - Group Buy Feeler

BSimmi15

Private
Aug 1, 2017
Ride
BMW 335xi e92 MT
@noorj Yes that is correct, end of January because they are trying to ship this with disty orders to save us money on freight.

Latest update:

"Awesome effort guys, that's unreal!!!
Let me work it out and I'll advise the next step. "

Reactions: noorj

ShocknAwe

Captain
Jan 24, 2018
Charleston, SC
Ride
N54/3 1er ///Mutt
With this many orders they could certainly throw us a bone and provide. Free shipping. Or at least seriously discounted. But at this point I don't want any more delays.

Dreyo27

Corporal
Nov 28, 2016
Sacramento
Ride
2007 335i 2008 535i
With this many orders they could certainly throw us a bone and provide. Free shipping. Or at least seriously discounted. But at this point I don't want any more delays.

I am guessing because of price, I dont think they have the margins to do that. Its a very reasonable price.

Vdkk

Private
Sep 3, 2018
Ride
335 e92
I just need a realistic time table, production time and an estimate ship out date. I may have 2 more cars looking at these if the timing is right.

fmorelli

Lieutenant General
Staff member
Aug 11, 2017
Virginia
Ride
E89 Z4 35i, F10 535d
umm.. Did I miss the info for payments? Ready to pay right away.
Nope. You're good. We haven't been told how to actually place the order, etc. Given the estimated ship date, I expect we'll be told this in the next few days.

Filippo

• Dumb
Reactions: Fos5il

fmorelli

Lieutenant General
Staff member
Aug 11, 2017
Virginia
Ride
E89 Z4 35i, F10 535d
Dec 18, 2018, from this post:
@fmorelli,
I really need to know ASAP if you are in, they are taking the clutch's out of stock and preparing them so that they can ship out our orders quickly.
@ShocknAwe,
I know... we are really close, just awaiting an answer back and I will update ASAP.

Guys, Here is the message we received from Chris at XClutch. I promise this will happen as soon as he gets back. I will call him personally if I have to.
"I am currently out of the office, retunring January 7th.
I will be checking emails periodically. For urgent export enquiries please call me on 0409916765, or contact [email protected] Regards,
Chris. "Everyone still has a chance to get in so I will update the list when Chris returns on the 7th. Please be patient guys.
Thanks,
Bsimmi15
Hey Guys, I am sorry everyone, I have a life too. I am a coach and basketball season is in full force here.
I get it. No need to apologize.
Here is the update from Chis at XClutch, I just need to add the final people on this forum and we are good:
"Alright guys, here is the final list I have. If this looks good then I'll calculate the freight and I can then advise what each person needs to pay.​
To keep the freight costs down, we're planning to send in our next order leaving Ex-Australia at the end of the month.​
Everyone here in Oz is of till the 7th so you might have to wait till then.
7th is when they come back and get the ball rolling then you have to get everyone to pay and that might take some extra time. Just the reality of group buys you have to be patient
Be patient grasshopper its worth the wait
@martymil I trust your word 110% that it is a great product. That said, maybe I don't know how business gets done in Australia. On request of ASAP in mid-December, we rushed a list five weeks ago. There are 32 confirmed buyers, and Chris relayed on Jan 10 - 18 days ago - that he'd get pricing to us so we can get this stuff shipped. Now quiet for 18 days. I lived in Italy; can't say this makes me homesick.

@BSimmi15 - appreciate your pulling this together. As was said earlier, this is a product with a history, so this should be a fairly straightforward customer fulfillment activity. Let's get Chris on here to tell us what date to expect invoices, and most importantly, when we expect delivery so we can plan work accordingly. I'm sure he can solve this quickly with a 3-sentence post.

Thanks,

Filippo

Last edited:

ShocknAwe

Captain
Jan 24, 2018
Charleston, SC
Ride
N54/3 1er ///Mutt
Dec 18, 2018, from this post:

I get it. No need to apologize.

@martymil I trust your word 110% that it is a great product. That said, maybe I don't know how business gets done in Australia. On request of ASAP in mid-December, we rushed a list five weeks ago. There are 32 confirmed buyers, and Chris relayed on Jan 10 - 18 days ago - that he'd get pricing to us so we can get this stuff shipped. Now quiet for 18 days. I lived in Italy; can't say this makes me homesick.

@BSimmi15 - appreciate your pulling this together. As was said earlier, this is a product with a history, so this should be a fairly straightforward customer fulfillment activity. Let's get Chris on here to tell us what date to expect invoices, and most importantly, when we expect delivery so we can plan work accordingly. I'm sure he can solve this quickly with a 3-sentence post.

Thanks,

Filippo

Agreed. Given how much money is on the line for Xclutch/Chris, would be easier if he just made an account here and handled info distribution so @BSimmi15 didn't have to middle-man this.

Reactions: InnovativeAuto

Mikeyyyyy

Lurker
Nov 7, 2018
Ride
2009 e92 335i 6mt
Hey guys. Just wanted to give y’all a quick review on the clutch. Originally I was apart of the group buy list but I couldn’t wait much longer for things to be finalized lol so I had went ahead and ordered directly from Chris. (Ceramic option) Shipping was quick, only 3 days to get to my house in Cali. I was also provided with a dhl tracking number which is nice. The clutch was packaged neatly and the installation instructions were very clear. Comes with everything you need. Customer service was top notch as well! The only cons I have would be that the engagement is pretty rough and takes some getting used to but it’s a twin disk lol and the chatter is pretty loud but that can be fixed by raising the idle. All in all I’m very satisfied with this clutch and can ensure that you all will be happy with it as well. Cheers!

Dreyo27

Corporal
Nov 28, 2016
Sacramento
Ride
2007 335i 2008 535i
Hey guys. Just wanted to give y’all a quick review on the clutch. Originally I was apart of the group buy list but I couldn’t wait much longer for things to be finalized lol so I had went ahead and ordered directly from Chris. (Ceramic option) Shipping was quick, only 3 days to get to my house in Cali. I was also provided with a dhl tracking number which is nice. The clutch was packaged neatly and the installation instructions were very clear. Comes with everything you need. Customer service was top notch as well! The only cons I have would be that the engagement is pretty rough and takes some getting used to but it’s a twin disk lol and the chatter is pretty loud but that can be fixed by raising the idle. All in all I’m very satisfied with this clutch and can ensure that you all will be happy with it as well. Cheers!

How is the chatter at idle with the clutch pressed in?

Any wierd vibrations/humming at highway speed in 6th gear at partial throttle?

Mikeyyyyy

Lurker
Nov 7, 2018
Ride
2009 e92 335i 6mt
How is the chatter at idle with the clutch pressed in?

Any wierd vibrations/humming at highway speed in 6th gear at partial throttle?
No chatter with the clutch pressed in but it does make a noise when it’s pressed in. Humming and vibrating is present on partial throttle in 6th gear