XHP DCT - Experience Thread

RTA

Private
Jun 17, 2020
One of the tuners has a good history with n54+dct and states to include some dct specific optimizations, not sure about other tuners and the actually adjustments as I did not see the tune due to encryption.

carabuser

Lieutenant
Oct 2, 2019
UK
Ride
Z4 35i & 335i
I think that was BQ. His tunes were really bad, I think that was just a marketing strategy he used but he's not been around for years.

The DCT is very sensitive to tune changes. If tuners don't adhere to best practices then it's quite easy to end up with bad shifts. Things like torque table changes and MAP scaling will cause problems.

You'll notice a huge improvement going from something like xHP to the GTS conversion that Olza offers regardless of what DME tune you run. But if you are still using a map from BQ I would get that changed as a priority. I remember him doing some really dodgy things to prevent throttle closures because he was unable to work out how to get the DCT to go above the 18 psi stock limit.

Motown65

Lurker
Sep 12, 2022
the dct MHD maps just keep the load to torque table factory. Olza can tune the gen 1 dct. I messaged him the other day and he said he was on vacation

Attachments

• IMG_2406.png
    IMG_2406.png
    340.9 KB · Views: 12
Reactions: RTA

RTA

Private
Jun 17, 2020
I think that was BQ. His tunes were really bad, I think that was just a marketing strategy he used but he's not been around for years.

The DCT is very sensitive to tune changes. If tuners don't adhere to best practices then it's quite easy to end up with bad shifts. Things like torque table changes and MAP scaling will cause problems.

You'll notice a huge improvement going from something like xHP to the GTS conversion that Olza offers regardless of what DME tune you run. But if you are still using a map from BQ I would get that changed as a priority. I remember him doing some really dodgy things to prevent throttle closures because he was unable to work out how to get the DCT to go above the 18 psi stock limit.
You are a strong thinker ;-)
The 18 psi limit he did fix in later revisions, anyhow my tune is dated.

Any tuner you could suggest for it seems a required revision?(N54/DCT/FBO+RB's and all piping)

Will wait for the gearbox on Olza to return from his vacation :)

Thanks for your responses! Appreciated!