xHP Flashtool: Official Beta Results Thread for 6HP21

RayBan

Corporal
Oct 27, 2016
www.rbttuning.com
@RayBan

Is there anything you can do about the intense surge when you are in M-mode cruising and one of the following happens:
a) Someone jumps in front of you so you break hard causing you to down shift
b) Forget your in manual mode and the next thing you know you leap forward 5 inches

I understand the reasoning for it not being the highest concern but... It is alarming the first time it happens by accident.

Your are probably on V1.2., which has this issues on some cars. You can flash V1.1. in the meantime, or wait until V1.3 gets released. We're in the finish work vor V1.3. so that will happen soon.

RayBan

Corporal
Oct 27, 2016
www.rbttuning.com
I've noticed there are multiple same stage flashes for the same style car. Are there any difference in the flashes?

They differ in Typecode and Hardware Number. Once you connect to your vehicle, it will show you the right one on top and will only let you buy the matching one.

Cheezy

Lieutenant
Nov 7, 2016
Toledo Ohio
So I updated to the new mhd option and reflagged stage2 v1.1. I tried to launch today and it just... Didn't? I had dct off, and it still behaved as if it were on, cut power and basically held at 3k rpm. I think it may have also shifted up by itself a couple times? I only tried the one launched and didn't log, but I will do more later to see if problem persists. It worked perfectly before the update, so I'm wondering what changed. I may change back to my previous tune set up

Jeffman

Major
Jan 7, 2017
IIRC, aren't we supposed to drive the car around for ~50-100 miles to allow the TCU to adapt? I may be wrong, but I believe launching immediately after flashing is not recommended.

Cheezy

Lieutenant
Nov 7, 2016
Toledo Ohio
IIRC, aren't we supposed to drive the car around for ~50-100 miles to allow the TCU to adapt? I may be wrong, but I believe launching immediately after flashing is not recommended.
It was first launch after a couple days of driving on new flash. Probably well over 100miles adaptations

Nov 5, 2016
Bay Area
I don't feel like reading through all this. Just need a yes or no. We have a customer with an E60 we just put GC's. Were able to do the sport flash, does the xHP flash work with the E60 trans now or not? Looking for something a little more like Alpina for this guys car

08_335i

Sergeant
Nov 3, 2016
Ride
2008 ST 335i
Are you just using the OTS flash? Which stage?
Stage 3, don't waste your time with anything less. Also, ask costumer fi he wants higher rpm shift points. The ST flash increases D mode rpm shift points. Even though I am ST and it changed my whole life driving in D mode, I remember the alpina flash made driving in D mode even with twins a fucking nightmare.

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
The single turbo option definitely made D usable again. Also, have the customer drive around for a while. I honestly think it took 100 miles before the transmission was settled all the way. Things were jerky at times until then.

• Agree
Reactions: 08_335i

08_335i

Sergeant
Nov 3, 2016
Ride
2008 ST 335i
The single turbo option definitely made D usable again. Also, have the customer drive around for a while. I honestly think it took 100 miles before the transmission was settled all the way. Things were jerky at times until then.
Yeah he put a new pop up window after you flash stating to drive like 60 miles or so after flash to get things settled in. I'm sure lots of peopel thought something was jacked up in their tranny not knowing a TCU flash takes adaption time lol.

Reactions: RayBan

JValenzSD

Private
Apr 26, 2017
San Diego, CA
Ride
2010 BMW E90 LCI 335i M-Sport
@RayBan Is there a way to get the Stage 3 flash in sport mode to automatically shift to 6th from 5th when gradually accelerating? It just seems like it doesn't want to upshift, and I catch myself manually hitting the paddle to shift to 6th.

• Agree
Reactions: Jeffman