Ad: xHP Flashtool: Official thread - ZF6HP TCU Flash

RayBan

Corporal
Oct 27, 2016
www.rbttuning.com
Quick question, trying to create a backup but get the error " coding missing. Please recode your tcu properly before continuing". Car already has a alpina flash, do i have to flash back to stock then xhp?

Whoever has flashed it with Alpina didn't finish his job. Your TCU is not coded properly and needs to be with NCS Expert. Once the coding is done, you can proceed.

Reactions: N54gasm

08_335i

Sergeant
Nov 3, 2016
Ride
2008 ST 335i
Quick question, trying to create a backup but get the error " coding missing. Please recode your tcu properly before continuing". Car already has a alpina flash, do i have to flash back to stock then xhp?
Edit

AzNdevil

Lieutenant
Staff member
Nov 4, 2016
Hong Kong
Just flashed stage 3 on two cars...wow...any b3 flash new or old can't compare with this....
much more aggressive on m mode downshifts and d mode is actually pretty nice

bahn

Sergeant
Platinum Vendor
Nov 5, 2016
Iowa
Nice!

How do you have your camera mounted?
On the head rest post. It's a double ball type of mount. I'll take a picture of it later today. Just mounted the camera yesterday and need to gone tune it to keep my shoulder from ruining the shot haha

brainsurgery

Mar 19, 2017
Ride
E91 335i xDrive
What exactly means that kickdown is removed in D mode too?

Is here anyone who is using JB4 backend flash? Do we need to make changes to backend flashes to maximize benefits of xHP?

08_335i

Sergeant
Nov 3, 2016
Ride
2008 ST 335i
What exactly means that kickdown is removed in D mode too?

Is here anyone who is using JB4 backend flash? Do we need to make changes to backend flashes to maximize benefits of xHP?
From what I've gathered from reading and talking with a few people, it would seem you need your TQ tables to be adjusted accordingly to how much power your car is actually making to get the full benefits of this.

RayBan

Corporal
Oct 27, 2016
www.rbttuning.com
Just released an update today! Current version now 1.1.41!

- Seriously improved flash times and stability. Map Flash now in 2 minutes, Install in 11 minutes
- Added search functionality to xHP Shop
- Added Spanish Manual
- Fixed "Stack too big" issue on some x86 devices
- Fixed a problem when Non-Western languages were used
- Overall stability improvements

Jeffman

Major
Jan 7, 2017
Awesome, Clemens!
Anybody working on translating German error codes into English for the app? (Meine Deutsche ist nicht zu gut. Schade.)

RayBan

Corporal
Oct 27, 2016
www.rbttuning.com
Yes, this is only the app. The calibrations are pulled from an online server during runtime.

The flash method is totally re-written and a big advancement in terms of speed and safety. You can even pull the cable in the middle of the process and it will continue to flash, once you plug again. (no, I don't suggest doing that ;) )