Ad: xHP Flashtool: Official thread - ZF6HP TCU Flash

RayBan

Corporal
Oct 27, 2016
www.rbttuning.com
Happy to introduce the xHP SUPER - LICENSE.

Due to popular demand, we introduce the possibility to purchase the General Flash License and ALL OTS Maps in one sweep. So for everyone not sure, what Map to take, this is the route to go and save 77 USD/EUR compared to single purchases.

EXISTING CUSTOMERS UPGRADE OPTIONS:

Stage 3 customers: 30 USD
Stage 2 customers: 50 USD
Stage 1 customers: 70 USD

Please contact us under [email protected] with your VIN, if you want to upgrade!

Please update to the latest release (V1.1.72) to get the license!

super_license.png

Facebook Link: https://www.facebook.com/xhpflashtool/posts/1837607869888567

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
Finally, some love for S mode in 535i/335i/135i and X1 35i cars. The latest Map Update (V1.4) brings an all new S-Mode. Basically we put the previous S-Mode shiftprogram in the dumpster and calibrated it new from scratch.
Here are some of the key differences introduced:
- Upshift/downshift times significantly improved
- Automated throttle blips
- Redesigned Shiftpoints in S and XS (Extreme Sport) maps
- Altered deccelaration/brake pressure thresholds for shift strategy switching
- Adjusted max. RPM's
- By popular demand S-Mode now engages 6th gear at highway speeds and low throttle.
For more details on V1.4 maps please look in the Changelogs on our website www.xhpflashtool.com or directly in the app!

And here is another nugget:
As some were asking for "XS" mode and how to access it: XS is an internal mode, accessed by the TCU itself, not by the driver. The TCU monitors driver behaviour on many parameters like throttle gradient, brake pressure applied, the product of lateral g in the last seconds etc. These get compared to threshold values and if exceeded the TCU jumps to another set of shiftmaps for a certain period. The TCU has a few of these modes, separate for D mode and for S mode.

Reactions: Jeffman and RayBan

Jeffman

Major
Jan 7, 2017
Has anyone else noticed a fuel mileage drop with stage 3?
Not surprising ... OEM D mode TCU must have been designed by those German engineering geniuses to maximize fuel economy, e.g., minimize RPM to minimize boost / load / fuel. Stage 3 is designed without these constraints, indeed higher rpm shift points are part of Stage 3 to improve driving feel and performance, hence mileage should drop.

Jboyorak

Private
Nov 6, 2016
Maine
I think I may have figured out the difference.

The difference in mileage I've noticed has been under 45mph. The car does not seem to "roll" as well off throttle. I am assuming the torque converter lock up is more aggressive at that point for better throttle response?

Anyway, I'm about 500-600 miles on the flash and everything seems to be getting better to my driving style.

Jeffman

Major
Jan 7, 2017
V1.5...so soon!
What are the improvements? I looked on FB and playstore and didn't see any info.

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
Just an idea for everyone, email your backup and state file to yourself so that you can download it easily later, should you get a new device for any reason

I actually just came back here to say something similar. Make sure you backup your backup files if that wasn't obvious enough. My screen is busted, and because I don't have USB debugging enabled or a custom recovery system, I cannot unlock my phone and turn USB File Transfer mode on. So word of advice, store your backup files somewhere besides your phone. Luckily, I believe I've found my files which I have stored in Google Drive, because I'm not a total idiot after all.

Reactions: Cheezy

tony@codewerx

Corporal
Apr 1, 2017
Ride
E92
I actually just came back here to say something similar. Make sure you backup your backup files if that wasn't obvious enough. My screen is busted, and because I don't have USB debugging enabled or a custom recovery system, I cannot unlock my phone and turn USB File Transfer mode on. So word of advice, store your backup files somewhere besides your phone. Luckily, I believe I've found my files which I have stored in Google Drive, because I'm not a total idiot after all.

I hope the pro version does not have the backup process as a must - I understand for most this would be a good measure against mishaps ... but for me it’s a lot faster if I can skip the backup because I can use other tools to flash the stock software if I really need to.

Reactions: JazRedGT

N54QC

Corporal
Aug 17, 2017
Ride
07 E90 335i
Not sure if you were able to get them off Google drive or not but I ran into the same situation as you. Ran over my phone with the tractor. Screen recognition wouldn't work and got a Bluetooth mouse and was able to connect to my phone. Once connected, you can just go through your phone like you would on a desktop screen. Not sure if it will work in your situation or not...