Ad: xHP Flashtool: Official thread - ZF6HP TCU Flash

RayBan

Corporal
Oct 27, 2016
www.rbttuning.com
xHP Flashtool
is the worldwide first and complete Tuning-Solution for your BMW with ZF6HP automatic transmission.

After 1.5 years of community driven development and some more 6 months and thousand of additional development hours, we are proud to announce the first all-in-one solution for BMW 6-speed automatic transmissions.

xHP Flashtool put's the power to fully customize your automatic transmission at your hands. Connect your Android smartphone to your car and customize around 100 maps by yourself or choose from pre-defined OTS maps in the xHP in-App Store.

Starting in February 2017 with support for 325d/330d/335d (E9x series) we will continuously work towards support of the whole BMW range. Next on the list are N54/N55 equipped E9x and E8x series cars, starting in March! The ZF6HP was BMW's automatic transmission of choice for their complete lineup for nearly a decade. From the 118d up to the mighty Alpina variants, BMW used these transmissions nearly everywhere.

xHP Flashtool will be downloadable through Google Play Store, starting in March for N54/N55 platform (1/3-Series)!

App Main features:
  • Ability to flash your transmission controller (TCU) on your BMW with custom files.
  • The flash method is 100% safe. The TCU can always be restored to a working state, even if the cable get's pulled during a flash procedure.
  • Read/Delete TCU trouble codes (free)
  • Backup your TCU and restore to stock at any time you want
  • Choose from pre-defined maps in the xHP InApp-Store, or build your own files along with the community. From the day the app get's released you will be able to download a XDF file for use with TunerPro from our website.
  • Switch between maps in 4 minutes.
  • Pricing: We will release pricings very soon, but expect it to be reasonably priced.

Required Hardware:
  • Android Device, running min. Android 4.1.2 (like Samsung Galaxy S2, 2011), USB-OTG compatible
  • USB OTG Adapter
  • OBD/INPA cable

OTS Map Features
OTS Maps will of course have different setups, depending on the vehicle, but in general they will share the following features:

Stage 1:
  • Optimized D Shiftpoints to facilitate sporty, yet economy style driving
  • Optimized Shift Strategy for up/downhill driving
  • Optimized Warmup Behaviour
  • Optimized Torque Converter Lockup in 1st/2nd/3rd gear
  • Lowered minimum RPM limit manual mode
  • Adapted Torque Limits for Tuned engines
  • Kickdown delete in Manual Mode
  • Start in 1st Gear in Manual Mode
  • Gear Display in Dash in D/S/M Modes
  • 6HP21 TQ Limits: 413 ftlb (560 Nm), 6HP28 TQ Limits: 626 ftlb (850 Nm)

Stage 2:
  • Optimized D & S Shiftpoints for better acceleration in part and full throttle situations
  • Approx. 25% faster, firmer, sportier upshifts in D/S/M mode
  • Firmer, sportier upshifts in D/S/M mode
  • Faster paddle response time
  • Raised Torque Limits for Tuned engines
  • Kickdown delete in D & Manual Mode
  • 6HP21 TQ Limits: 479 ftlb (650 Nm), 6HP28 TQ Limits: 737 ftlb (1000 Nm)

Stage 3:
  • Optimized D & S Shiftpoints for better acceleration in part and full throttle situations
  • Approx. 25% faster shifts in D mode
  • Approx. 50% faster & very firm upshifts in S/M mode
  • Race-like upshifts with TQ increase
  • Automatic Rev-Matching (Throttle – Blip) on Downshifts in M Mode
  • True manual mode (no-upshift at limiter)
  • Faster paddle response time
  • Even more raised Torque Limits for Tuned engines
  • Kickdown delete in D/S & Manual Mode
  • 6HP21 TQ Limits: removed, 6HP28 TQ Limits: removed

App Screenshots from Sony xPeria M2:

Splash Screen:
splash.png

Main Screen:
connect.png

Fault Code reading & sharing:
fault_share.png

Glimpse of the TunerPro Maps:
xdf.png

Youtube Video:

FAQ:

Q: Can I test xHP before buying anything?
A: Yes. The download of xHP is completely free. You can do a full read of your TCU and read/delete fault codes without any license.

Q: May I return to stock any time with xHP?
A: xHP creates a full backup before attempting any flash procedure. You can flash back your original file at any time.

Q: Do I have to connect my Android device with xHP to my car all the time?
A: No. You only need to connect, when you’re flashing, or reading data from your vehicle. During normal driving, you don’t have to have a live connection, or even carry the device with you.

Q: How do I check if my vehicle is supported?
A: The best way is to download the xHP app and connect it to your vehicle. xHP will tell you instantly if your vehicle is supported. Alternatively, you can head to www.rbttuning.com and check our vehicle list. We do our best to keep this list as correct and up-to-date as possible. However, BMW changed TCUs regularly during the production lifecycle and there may be cases where your vehicle is on the list but still not supported. These cases are rare, but cannot be avoided 100%.

Q: How about reliability, will I shorten the life of my transmission using xHP?
A: OTS Comfort and Sport setups won’t have any effect on the lifetime of transmission components. Not on the TCU, nor on the shafts or clutches. Keep in mind, that automatic transmissions are highly complicated units, with a few hundred components inside. Some of these components are designed to wear out (like clutches) through making use of them. Your driving style and proper maintenance have the biggest impact on the life-time of transmission components.

Q: Am I allowed to change between different OTS and custom tunes?
A: You can switch between tunes as often as you like and you are allowed to buy multiple OTS tunes and manage them on the same device.

Q: Am I able to log data with xHP?
A: We're working on an additional logger module, which will be released during 2017.

Q: I'm running an Alpina flash currently, do i have to revert to stock before using xHP?
A: No. xHP saves the Alpina flash as backup and then overwrites it.

If you have additional questions, feel free to ask here directly, shoot us a PM, contact us through our Website or follow us on Facebook!

Last edited:

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
The free code/bin reading part is an awesome feature! And I'm very curious for the logging function, I really wish there was some kind of built in API for uploading to datazap which was more integrated.

RayBan

Corporal
Oct 27, 2016
www.rbttuning.com
The free code/bin reading part is an awesome feature! And I'm very curious for the logging function, I really wish there was some kind of built in API for uploading to datazap which was more integrated.

In the moment we just know, that we want one, but we haven't defined anything. So every input is appreciated.

what numbers are anticipated for 6HP21 to handle with modified flash?

We're not anticipating anything now. The wrench is there. Beta Test will show how hard the nut can be tightened on stock hardware. We're in touch with a bunch of N54 tuners around the world, who will be in Beta.

Last edited:

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
Yeah I think jpsimon? Is the creator of datazap. I wonder if anyone knows how to reach him about this?

Cal1415

Private
Dec 25, 2016
Depends on your hardware number. There seem to be 2006 335i in the market which have the right HW, despite everyone telling 03/2007 is the switch date for the old/new TCU layout. Need more data, to nail that down.

This sounds very promising. How can I find out my hardware number?
Thanks

RayBan

Corporal
Oct 27, 2016
www.rbttuning.com
We've released pricing in the meantime! Beta will start this weekend for the Diesels, so we're still looking forward to get the 135/335i running in March then!

Attachments

• fb-map-price.png
    fb-map-price.png
    181.6 KB · Views: 1,005
Reactions: doublespaces