Ad: xHP Flashtool: Official thread - ZF6HP TCU Flash

Chujozo

Feb 28, 2017
Ride
E60 535d Lci M sport
I wonder how could xhp flash will work in my 535d in april. I plan tu tunne my car for 450 hp and 850 Nm. Can't wait...

Last edited:

bradsm87

Corporal
Dec 15, 2016
@RayBan

Is it possible in a future release that the map in use could be logged so that people can log which individual maps are being referenced while driving in D mode for their car?

If the logging is not possible, would you be able to compile a list of common ZB numbers and which tables are referenced on that particular ZB?

Also, do you plan on finding and defining certain switches to activate and deactivate modes/maps?

Jeffman

Major
Jan 7, 2017
I've been quietly monitoring these developments and am very much looking forward to a "new" transmission. I've been driving with the Alpina B3 ever since it was available. I'm very much looking forward to trying out an even quicker-firmer-shifting transmission flash! ... And in combination with FlexFuel MHD ECU, my 2008!335xi will once again be a "new car".

RayBan

Corporal
Oct 27, 2016
www.rbttuning.com
@RayBan

Is it possible in a future release that the map in use could be logged so that people can log which individual maps are being referenced while driving in D mode for their car?

If the logging is not possible, would you be able to compile a list of common ZB numbers and which tables are referenced on that particular ZB?

Also, do you plan on finding and defining certain switches to activate and deactivate modes/maps?

Take your time. One step after another. We released it a week ago. Theres much more to come.

bradsm87

Corporal
Dec 15, 2016
@RayBan

So "Engine Torque Curve" is the rough torque that the TCU expects from the engine and torque limit is applied when torque varies too far from these values?

Are the values in NM?

bradsm87

Corporal
Dec 15, 2016
In the "Common Maps Upshift" folder, the "HS 4->5" table has different row labels than the other tables and they are too low. The conversion on that one is "3.200000 * X+ -100.000000" but all of the others are "6.000000 * X+ -204.000000". I'm assuming that is a mistake?

Are the "Common Maps Upshift" ones for offgoing clutch shift pressure in all maps and the ones in the individual map folders for ongoing clutch shift pressure?

I will change the last row NM value of all the shift pressure tables and extrapolate the values to follow the same curve as the rest of the table. Is there a shift pressure value that should not be exceeded?

bradsm87

Corporal
Dec 15, 2016
@RayBan Sorry for lots of messages in a row.

Do you have an XDF with editable table breakpoints? If not, I'm happy to create them and send to you if you like.

Edit: I'm working on adding the needed breakpoint tables now :D

Last edited:

bradsm87

Corporal
Dec 15, 2016
I'm starting to get excited! (Sorry about the 4th post in a row)

I started adding breakpoint tables to the XDF for the tables that need it. I'm happy with the Alpina flash in general so I'm using that as a starting point and extrapolating the shift pressure tables to continue on their existing trend, but to higher torque. The stock and Alpina tables end at 498Nm. I'm extending them to 600mn for now and will give it a try. I've also adjusted the "Engine Torque Curve" table with increased values (not up to my actual torque yet. Baby steps till I see how things work).

I've taken a backup of the stock flash and will be copying all tables related to D mode from the stock file to my Alpina-based file so it should have D mode like stock.

Torque Extrapolating.PNG

Engine Torque Curve.PNG

Last edited:
Reactions: doublespaces

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
I'm starting to get excited! (Sorry about the 4th post in a row)

I started adding breakpoint tables to the XDF for the tables that need it. I'm happy with the Alpina flash in general so I'm using that as a starting point and extrapolating the shift pressure tables to continue on their existing trend, but to higher torque. The stock and Alpina tables end at 498Nm. I'm extending them to 600mn for now and will give it a try. I've also adjusted the "Engine Torque Curve" table with increased values (not up to my actual torque yet. Baby steps till I see how things work).

I've taken a backup of the stock flash and will be copying all tables related to D mode from the stock file to my Alpina-based file so it should have D mode like stock.

View attachment 2647

View attachment 2648

Nice! There will be an influx of TCU tuning posts here as the beta begins to roll out. Keep the updates coming!

bradsm87

Corporal
Dec 15, 2016
Nice! There will be an influx of TCU tuning posts here as the beta begins to roll out. Keep the updates coming!

I'm not a beta tester for the OTS maps. I expressed my big interest back then but I said that I want to know what changes are being made with the tables with each revision that I test so I can learn as it progresses (rather than blindly flashing new revisions without understanding the changes). I never heard back so I'm working on my own file.

I really, really hope some good open community-based tuning discussion happens but I'm not holding my breath. The few people left with tuning interest who have not gone professional (and now keep what they learn to themselves) drive MT or DCT cars.

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
I'm not a beta tester for the OTS maps. I expressed my big interest back then but I said that I want to know what changes are being made with the tables with each revision that I test so I can learn as it progresses (rather than blindly flashing new revisions without understanding the changes). I never heard back so I'm working on my own file.

I really, really hope some good open community-based tuning discussion happens but I'm not holding my breath. The few people left with tuning interest who have not gone professional (and now keep what they learn to themselves) drive MT or DCT cars.

Well I guess I'm just foreshadowing a bit. There will be some intelligent discussion coming I'm sure, especially here in the advanced tuning section.

bradsm87

Corporal
Dec 15, 2016
With the throttle axis on tables that go to 110, am I right in assuming that a value of over 100 is for when the kickdown switch is activated? There are a couple of tables that lead me to believe this eg. "Shiftmap Steptronic 2" which looks like it's the N54 "M" mode map because it downshifts in M mode only when the kickdown switch is activated.

If I set the output shaft speed values on the Steptronic tables to well above what it would reach on the engine RPM limiter, does that mean it will hold its gear on rev limiter without shifting in M mode?