xHP Flashtool Transmission App released to public!

RayBan

Corporal
Oct 27, 2016
www.rbttuning.com
Car runs fine, I'm everything with no method and gc turbos. JB4 and mud tuned by TREBILA. The tcu backup and flash all seem to be accepted fine but I'm not sure if there is a reason that I still don't get 7k+ rpm shifts. Does it happen only in S mode or does it also work in manual?

You have to use M Mode. D and S will shift at 6600 rpm at 100% throttle and at 6900 rpm when kickdown is pressed.

• Love
Reactions: Pits200

08_335i

Sergeant
Nov 3, 2016
Ride
2008 ST 335i
Car runs fine, I'm everything with no method and gc turbos. JB4 and mud tuned by TREBILA. The tcu backup and flash all seem to be accepted fine but I'm not sure if there is a reason that I still don't get 7k+ rpm shifts. Does it happen only in S mode or does it also work in manual?

Normal for D mode to shift at 6500-6600 rpms. S mode will shift as close to 7k as it can, usually around 6800 rpms. M mode you can run as far as the ECU allows (7500 rpms I believe, I've only hit 7400 with it, and it was on accident.)

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
Normal for D mode to shift at 6500-6600 rpms. S mode will shift as close to 7k as it can, usually around 6800 rpms. M mode you can run as far as the ECU allows (7500 rpms I believe, I've only hit 7400 with it, and it was on accident.)

Are you sure it wasn't more like 7200+ momentum? If I recollect, torque is slowly blended out completely by 7200(this would be assuming your bin is not modified)

08_335i

Sergeant
Nov 3, 2016
Ride
2008 ST 335i
Are you sure it wasn't more like 7200+ momentum? If I recollect, torque is slowly blended out completely by 7200(this would be assuming your bin is not modified)

I didn't pull up the log from my pull, but in my video you can see my hitting about 7400-7500. I'm sure it might've been a little lower, none the less, it's pulling all the way.

And also, I think it's pretty great that the transmission now holds, when before trying to run 26psi, it would slip\drop the gear. I don't normally run around at 26psi due to being E85 deprived where I live, But i decided to turn it up and test it once for the sake of seeing\video.

Reactions: RayBan

08_335i

Sergeant
Nov 3, 2016
Ride
2008 ST 335i
After discussing new shift points for D mode, and installing the boost box on my car, I can say I actually enjoy driving my car for the first time. It feels as if my car came from the factory with a big single turbo. Me and Xhp are going back and forth with finer shifts by rpm in D mode to be what I think are pretty perfect points, for both single turbo and twin turbo people. I have to re-train myself to not put the car into M mode the moment I start driving.

RayBan

Corporal
Oct 27, 2016
www.rbttuning.com
The map is already live and free to download for all Stage 3 customers.

- Higher minimum RPMs in D Mode to especially support driveability of Single Turbo Cars

- Changed WOT Shift - Timings to address upshift issues on some of the high HP cars

- Extended Rev-Range in D/S Modes to support cars with high top-end power.

- This Map is still usable on Stock/Stage1/Stage2 cars

Reactions: 08_335i

Pits200

Apr 11, 2017
Wanted to report back with some figures as I was a little skeptical as to how much of a help the stage 3 was going to be. I'm on GCs and prior to the stage 3 flash I was only able to hold 24psi at redline and it would typically slip prior and post shift starting in 3rd gear.

After stage 3 flash, I was able to run 26psi at redline at the track yesterday with no slippage or at least I couldn't feel it enough to detect.

Did I also mention, the car is an xi with 115k miles, tuned since 15k miles, GCs since 110k miles, and original engine/transmission. Just goes to show if you take care of your car, she'll take care of you. And I know I'm on borrowed time but it shows the the longevity of many of these drivetrain parts.

Here is a run against a CTS-V and don't mind the date stamp, this was from 4/15/17

08_335i

Sergeant
Nov 3, 2016
Ride
2008 ST 335i
The map is already live and free to download for all Stage 3 customers.

- Higher minimum RPMs in D Mode to especially support driveability of Single Turbo Cars

- Changed WOT Shift - Timings to address upshift issues on some of the high HP cars

- Extended Rev-Range in D/S Modes to support cars with high top-end power.

- This Map is still usable on Stock/Stage1/Stage2 cars
I can't begin to explain how much more of a joy the car is to just drive now. When I was stock turbos, the D mode driving was okay at best, then the alpina made D mode bordeline worthless, and then after a single turbo install, you wouldn't dare drive around in D mode unless you liked bogging down every shift. With the new implemented D mode shfit points, the car actually shifts like it was sent from the factory with a single turbo. Amazingly enjoyable to cruise now.

Nov 14, 2016
North Wilkesboro
@RayBan

To my knowledge my alpina TCU flash was installed correctly. No errors or anything during the flash. Yet, I get the message saying code missing during backup. I have been attempting to reflash but, I appear to get errors when trying to reflash. Any advice? Or work around a?

RayBan

Corporal
Oct 27, 2016
www.rbttuning.com
@RayBan

To my knowledge my alpina TCU flash was installed correctly. No errors or anything during the flash. Yet, I get the message saying code missing during backup. I have been attempting to reflash but, I appear to get errors when trying to reflash. Any advice? Or work around a?

The flash is only one part. As you are changing the AIF by flashing another ZB#, the TCU throws away it's coding and needs to be recoded with NCS afterwards. Look at your fault memory, you will see a "coding missing" resp. "Codierung fehlerhaft" stored.

Message us on FB, i will hit you up with Description and One-Click Install Package to do that.

The next app release will ignore the fault and let you flash anyway. I'm not happy with that, but as so many TCU's have been flashed wrong in the past and people make xHP responsible for it, we had to change that process.

Nov 14, 2016
North Wilkesboro
The flash is only one part. As you are changing the AIF by flashing another ZB#, the TCU throws away it's coding and needs to be recoded with NCS afterwards. Look at your fault memory, you will see a "coding missing" resp. "Codierung fehlerhaft" stored.

Message us on FB, i will hit you up with Description and One-Click Install Package to do that.

The next app release will ignore the fault and let you flash anyway. I'm not happy with that, but as so many TCU's have been flashed wrong in the past and people make xHP responsible for it, we had to change that process.
Sorry in advance, I should have updated this post. I found that the flash was never coded in NCSExpert. After I updated the EGS module all was fine. About to go drive my newly transformed auto (;

R.G.

Lieutenant
Nov 17, 2016
Henderson, NV
Ride
E92 335, F10 M5
Rayray

Any changes to stage 3 map that a Re flash would be recommended? Had not updated the app in a few months and unsure if any revisions have been made.

08_335i

Sergeant
Nov 3, 2016
Ride
2008 ST 335i
Rayray

Any changes to stage 3 map that a Re flash would be recommended? Had not updated the app in a few months and unsure if any revisions have been made.
If you're single turbo don't go past 1.5. the shift points are too low.

Rob09msport

Major
Oct 28, 2017
Monroe CT
Ride
09 335i msport le mans 18 x5
Figure might be worth shot asking one more time do you know how shift speed changes how much torque is transferred during shift? Like from stage 3 would we want to speed up or slow down shift for better performance.

• Dumb
Reactions: MacBB55