Yet another Auto to DCT swap

L€X

Lurker
Dec 30, 2018
Ride
Bmw 335i n54 dct swap
Damn it, so adding LSD would be expensive also
Yep (( but I found a cheap solution - racing diffs lsd conversion set. It's not the same lake lsd, but it works. So now I'm waiting this set for my 335d diff

E92-Ghandi

Corporal
Feb 25, 2018
Ride
2010 335i e92 DCT
Yep (( but I found a cheap solution - racing diffs lsd conversion set. It's not the same lake lsd, but it works. So now I'm waiting this set for my 335d diff
I contacted these guys, yes it's a cheap solution but requires a lot of machine work, specially removing the welds from the pinion and re-welding it again.
i wasn't really happy about it, but if you're going to do it please document it or share with us as that would be very helpful.

L€X

Lurker
Dec 30, 2018
Ride
Bmw 335i n54 dct swap
I contacted these guys, yes it's a cheap solution but requires a lot of machine work, specially removing the welds from the pinion and re-welding it again.
i wasn't really happy about it, but if you're going to do it please document it or share with us as that would be very helpful.
Yep, my friend did this job. He has 335i Mt with big welded diff. He rewelded his diff. but installing lsd is more expensive

Reactions: E92-Ghandi

Stokes

Sergeant
Jan 26, 2018
Houston, TX
Ride
2011 BMW 135i
If you are US based I have a bolted 3.08 open diff I'm ready to sell. The ratio is a bit high for our transmission and turbo setup. But, boy, does it rolls through the gears quickly!

It was my demo unit to test the theory around gearing causing issues with MDCT programming. It came out of a high mileage car, so I'd replace bearings and seals if anyone wants it to install an lsd in it.

Jon1998

Lurker
Dec 1, 2017
Ride
2008 bmw 335i maxxecu
Thanks to everyone's previous efforts, I just completed the DCT with M3 GTS flash swap on my 2010 auto 335i. I'm using the MFactory lightweight flywheel, M3 diff and axles with carbon fiber driveshaft. Everything was pretty straight forward. I did have some issues with another install of ncsexpert that I thought I removed. Ncexpert and NCS Dummy were looking at two different work folders. I had to swap pin 8 of x6031 to pin 10 on the trans harness for it to correctly communicate P/N position.
I only swapped the DCT, GWS, center console with drivelogic switch so far. Coded Kombi, DSC, JBBF and CAS. I have all 6 modes of drivelogic in manual mode. I have some tuning issues to work out before I can run it hard but shifts great through all gears at mid and part throttle. I looked up the SZL and I believe the one currently in the car will allow adjustable launch control. I'll verify in the next few days. Again, thanks for the efforts of everyone involved in this project! Feels like a new car!!
I bought a 335is Harness is there any re pin required ?? I thought it’s just plug and play for the trans harness

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
For real or are you joking ?

Brett Shepard

Lurker
Nov 5, 2016
Jacksonville
Well guys, it's been a LONG time... I got into some other hobbies and the car basically sat for the last 2 years. Finally got back to it and having Shoup working on the tuning we never finished. Of course, BMWs don't like sitting and therefore running into minor sensor issues and the like. I will say the Mfactory smfw is a bit noisy chattering at idle but doing well so far. Shifts at wot are awesome. Car never stops pulling. Only @11-12# at the moment on a Xona Rotor 8267. Just cruising around you almost don't notice the shifts most of the time. I'm still finding it hard to keep up motivation to work on it but hopefully I'll get it all worked out soon.

Reactions: DirtKurt