XHP on a deleted and tuned e70 335D. Is it worth it?

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH
Did you end up trying XHP on it? I'm considering it for the X6m and they share the same trans. Hopefully it'll get it down into to 3.1's for 0-60 and maybe a 11.5 1/4 mile.

I never did it. I treat my X5D more like a truck, which btw will be next next vehicle after this one. I tow with it, have it loaded full of gear, etc. I don't hammer on it that much, when I do It moves ok, I am not sure I would appreciate the tranny tune that much. It is only $350 I think for both xHP and the 'custom' tune. I go back and forth on it. I am at 160k, I flushed the fluid at 120k. It shifts perfect. Not sure I want to mess with it, while I get the argument a tcu tune can help increase the life of the transmission I just find it hard to believe...

SLOWESTN54

Captain
Feb 9, 2021
B.C. Canada
Ride
2007 E92 335i
I never did it. I treat my X5D more like a truck, which btw will be next next vehicle after this one. I tow with it, have it loaded full of gear, etc. I don't hammer on it that much, when I do It moves ok, I am not sure I would appreciate the tranny tune that much. It is only $350 I think for both xHP and the 'custom' tune. I go back and forth on it. I am at 160k, I flushed the fluid at 120k. It shifts perfect. Not sure I want to mess with it, while I get the argument a tcu tune can help increase the life of the transmission I just find it hard to believe...
That makes sense, X5's make a decent work rig. Plus without the trailer there easy to commute in. The X6M is something my dad loves, did all the main maintenance for him, put downpipes in and a VF engineering stage 2+ tune. I took it out last weekend for some draggy testing. It ran a 11.7 1/4 mile and a 3.4 0-60, which impressed me, it's only losing a bit of time on the 1-2 shift, but I'm not sure if xhp will shift better then factory M tcu software. I tell you the face he made when i first showed him launch control with the tune, made all the work worth it

Reactions: Torgus