6MT to 8HP/DCT

Zachair Paharsingh

Sep 30, 2023
Preformed a 8hp swap on a e92, the car is originally a 6MT we need the ecu to be recoded for DCT so it sends the right type of signals to the gcu installed. I was able to code the cluster via Pro tools. But kinda stuck as to code the dme/ecu. Can anyone point me in the right direction? msd80.

carabuser

Lieutenant
Oct 2, 2019
UK
Ride
Z4 35i & 335i
I think you need to upgrade to MSD81. There's no message exchange for the DCT in an MSD80, it wasn't built into the software since the DCT wasn't implemented until MSD81 came along.

Zachair Paharsingh

Sep 30, 2023
I think you need to upgrade to MSD81. There's no message exchange for the DCT in an MSD80, it wasn't built into the software since the DCT wasn't implemented until MSD81 came along.
Wouldn’t changing the dme as automatic serve the same purpose? or should be compatible with the gcu atleast. The 8hp shifts but the wrong canbus signals is causing weird issues. throttle is response is totally out of whack the minute the canbus portion of the gcu is hooked up. Is the seems legit kit compatible with msd80 in any way? Reason i ask this is because, this car doesn’t reside in the usa and trying to get the msd81 would probably take a month or two.

Wouldn’t the gcu be able to work with a automatic transmission programed msd80 instead of a dct programmed msd81?