O2 unstable at WOT / STFT variance between banks

mj6234

Corporal
Nov 25, 2020
Been on a journey to get PI setup and finally have gotten some things under around boost and general PI tuning. I have noticed that the O2 sensors on bank 1 are moving off target by sometimes a full point and as you can see in the log probably is to the point of concern from an AFR perspective.

I have also noticed that bank 1 STFT tends to pull more fuel as opposed to bank 2 as seen in this log. O2 sensors have about 80K miles on them. I have reset the lambda adaptions in MHD and still seems the same.

I just pressure tested the system up to 25psi with no leaks. Replaced VC & gasket 2K miles ago and no leaks.

Off throttle, AFR goes to 234.95 pretty instantly and on index 12 injectors (although they have some miles/years on them).

Is this aging O2 sensors, either primary, secondary or both?

Mods
- GC Lites (v1 - 95K miles on them - just confirmed wastegates are sealing well and in good working order).
-PI + Reflex+ (750cc injectors)
-Flexfuel with MHD+
-DPs
-AfE intake
-5" FMIC
-Secondary cats still in place (checked to make sure not plugged)
-E40
-535 fuel pump

Pull goes uphill slightly if that matters.

Last edited:

mj6234

Corporal
Nov 25, 2020
Cleared ALL adaptations this time (both lambdas, intake air mass, load control) . I remembered my charge pipe oring gasket failed and was leaking pretty bad before I fixed it.

Looks way better I think? Not a terrible looking log? I know I am under target by a couple PSI, but that is a tuning issue I will fix later.

I also captured off throttle to see how fast the O2s went to 234.95.