Single turbo catch can set up

bostons335i

Lurker
Oct 17, 2022
Hey guys !
Had some questions regarding how everyone is setting up their catch cans . I run a boost only catch can from bms and since I went single I attached a cone on the recirc side to VTA. Issues I’m having is the cone leaks some oil residue out and I smell the vapor/ smoke in the cabin. I was wondering what the most popular set up is for VTA? I can’t find a set up online anywhere other than ppl just saying they VTA lol. I’ve tried to put a hose down into the engine bay but the oil residue would get everywhere and I don’t want a fire to happen since I have open dump tubes . I’m thinking of getting a universal can with a breather that’s attached to the top but I have no idea where to mount . Wondering if anyone has a set they really like ! Thanks I’m advanced !

Reactions: Torgus

bostons335i

Lurker
Oct 17, 2022
FA43EFC4-8455-4082-A96D-CCF8A3B0DA13.jpeg
FA43EFC4-8455-4082-A96D-CCF8A3B0DA13.jpeg

Here’s my current set up

gingerbreadman

Private
Nov 21, 2016
SoCal
you'll need to remove that filter, get a hose that's a few feet long and route it all the way down by your transmission. This is how mine has been setup for years.

Reactions: seb.apprenti

s55 guy

Feb 29, 2024
Anyone familiar with single turbo s55 trying to reconnect oil catch can.. and I don't have air intakes that I had it connected to with the front turbo