XHP 6speed Launch Control?

iminhell1

Sergeant
Jun 17, 2018
Anyone try this yet?

I never check for updates as the flash works fine and the couple times I have adjusted things it didn't play well.

But this one intrigues me.
I don't like that you have to start in 1st. But I'll deal with it, maybe.

Rob09msport

Major
Oct 28, 2017
Monroe CT
Ride
09 335i msport le mans 18 x5
It's just limiting torque it's the same as the torque by gear option at bottom I dont know why they made a seperate menu. If you want launch in second set your torque limit for 2nd gear that's it . Maybe their is something to help build boost as far as slipping converter and suppressing a limp but I doubt it

iminhell1

Sergeant
Jun 17, 2018
Flashed this.
It sucks.
At 350ft/lb standing on the brakes and trying WOT, rears just spin. Can't even hold. Then the jump from 1st to 2nd is very big and the car walked sideways.

The trans is not the answer. Coding the DSC works far better.

Rob09msport

Major
Oct 28, 2017
Monroe CT
Ride
Coding dsc? Allow more slip could you point me in direction of any info. All I ever found was disabling for lsd and less intervention as far as brake pretension etc.

iminhell1

Sergeant
Jun 17, 2018
You can pick some of the M stuff IIRC. Slip angles and thing change. I haven't been back to mess with it in a while. I'll poke around this weekend if I get time.

Panzerfaust

Lieutenant
Jul 3, 2018
Chicago
Ride
E92 335i
It's just limiting torque it's the same as the torque by gear option at bottom I dont know why they made a seperate menu. If you want launch in second set your torque limit for 2nd gear that's it . Maybe their is something to help build boost as far as slipping converter and suppressing a limp but I doubt it
This is what someone else says, but the description says "while brake boosting" so I can only assume theres more going on there. Obviously the torque is being limited in first too, but I dont think they'd specifically mention brake boosting if there wasn't more going on there. What that is? I have no idea. But I know that now that Ken can have your tune build boost at the line and that there may be some more magic going on here, I'm gonna be playing around with it a bit.

I'm also interested in what coding changes can be done to the DSC. I disabled just about everything with ProTool with the exception of the e-diff and I think CBC since I don't have a LSD.

Panzerfaust

Lieutenant
Jul 3, 2018
Chicago
Ride
E92 335i
You can flash our DSCs with an M3 zb. The same guy that was involved with the throttle table discovery has a thread detailing the hows and the what’s. That might help?
Interesting - I'll have to dig it up and see if it works being flashed onto an 06 build 335.

scrllock

Sergeant
Dec 17, 2018
Ride
2011 335xi
You can flash our DSCs with an M3 zb. The same guy that was involved with the throttle table discovery has a thread detailing the hows and the what’s. That might help?
Very interested in finding out more about this. Is that specific to DCT? I saw the threads with @LMB335is if that's what you mean, but that's a full DCT swap, this is regarding DSC coding with ZF6.

Rob09msport

Major
Oct 28, 2017
Monroe CT
Ride
The dsc should have no correlation with trans type should be able to flash it on a mt as well. I was under impression that the m3 had a more basic dsc due to the lack of e lsd and that the dsc in our cars is the same as the one used for the bmw motorsports program.
Very interested in finding out more about this. Is that specific to DCT? I saw the threads with @LMB335is if that's what you mean, but that's a full DCT swap, this is regarding DSC coding with ZF6.

aus335iguy

Colonel
Nov 18, 2017
Down under
Ride
335i DCT 2009
I was under impression that the m3 had a more basic dsc due to the lack of e lsd and that the dsc in our cars is the same as the one used for the bmw motorsports program.
This is what I understand as well. It’s been mentioned in a number of forums in various ways. Doesn’t make it true cos this is the internet but it seems to make sense:relaxed:

scrllock

Sergeant
Dec 17, 2018
Ride
2011 335xi
I did find mention people retrofitting the newer 3 series DSC onto the old (2007?) models that came without the ediff. If that's possible, I'd assume the opposite is, though I've never seen anyone trying to do that as a ediff workaround.

Panzerfaust

Lieutenant
Jul 3, 2018
Chicago
Ride
E92 335i
I did find mention people retrofitting the newer 3 series DSC onto the old (2007?) models that came without the ediff. If that's possible, I'd assume the opposite is, though I've never seen anyone trying to do that as a ediff workaround.
I have a mid/late-mid-06 build that has the old CP, larger pumpkin, first FRM module etc and still have e-diff on my DSC (I didnt expect to, but sure enough the coding was all there). I dont know if my DSC unit was replaced by the original owner right before I bought it (possible, since I have index 10 injectors and not index 1 as well as some other software updates from BMW), if e-diff was somehow flashable as an update by BMW or if I just have a very Frankenstein 335i. But if theres any links to the flashing process and benefits, or links to what @Rob09msport said I'd be very interested in reading them assuming they have solid evidence to back up what's said. I've left my ediff coded on because I find I get better launches from a dig with it on than with it off, but if the M3 DSC allows adjustability within different parameters of the DSC I'd be interested in experimenting.

scrllock

Sergeant
Dec 17, 2018
Ride
2011 335xi
I just can't code mine off, bins for the dxc_90_16 were never made available for some reason. Flashing to an m3 would be ideal