736 WHP / 641 WTQ on Pump Gas

Torgus

Major
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Yeah...I don't know who Billy is. I thought Motiv had a weird oscillation at the top end of their dyno which put it into question? Perhaps I am miss remembering.

Nice to see it is an enthusiast and not a n54 vendor shop car and the factory DME.

I see the red flappy paddles. Is that an auto or DCT? How can it put down this much power?

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Yeah...I don't know who Billy is. I thought Motiv had a weird oscillation at the top end of their dyno which put it into question? Perhaps I am miss remembering.

Nice to see it is an enthusiast and not a n54 vendor shop car and the factory DME.

I see the red flappy paddles. Is that an auto or DCT? How can it put down this much power?
It's DCT swapped on SSP clutch packs using the factory DME and a JB4. Also it has the M3 GTS flash, so technically it has less line pressure than the 335is.

Torgus

Major
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
All the other '1000whp' dynos were manuals right? I never thought a DCT could actually hold this much power and tq and the 6spd manual was the only real solution.

1000whp + DCT what is he waiting for? Set some records and make Joe cry that his S65 will never be able to come close.

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
I thought TCU's could now be flashed to achieve 17.5bar of line pressure ?
Yes but I don't believe this car had that treatment but I could be wrong. It required sending the valve body last time I checked, unless you happened to be friends with someone doing it locally which is basically nobody.