Datalog After stage 2+ boost leak or is my turbos maxed?

TiAgAu

Corporal
Nov 18, 2018
Australia
Ride
08 335i
Before stage 2+ my wgdc was max 60% in high rpm and now stage 2+ they are around 85%. Time to change turbos? They are not smoking but there is little whine low rpm.

Here is log:

Recently my turbos have the same whine sound at low rpm. Also down on power like 10kw according to virtual dyno comparing to older logs. Even now it's winter here i would expect more.

Gotta be some turbos wear happening here aswell.

Jun 2, 2022
It seems like you are not hitting boost target, as a result your wgdc is high trying to compensate. Flash back to stage 1 and see what happens. Note I am not running MHD ots so don’t know what that targets for boost are and how it tapers. The log shows flat across the rev range for your boost target which seems odd. Boost typically tapers towards redline. If stage one still struggles to hit target then you’ve got a boost leak or a problem somewhere. Check for boost leaks after you flash back to stage 2 from stage 1.

Huntteriii

Jun 10, 2023
It seems like you are not hitting boost target, as a result your wgdc is high trying to compensate. Flash back to stage 1 and see what happens. Note I am not running MHD ots so don’t know what that targets for boost are and how it tapers. The log shows flat across the rev range for your boost target which seems odd. Boost typically tapers towards redline. If stage one still struggles to hit target then you’ve got a boost leak or a problem somewhere. Check for boost leaks after you flash back to stage 2 from stage 1.
Thanks for answer! After your post I read about those newest v.10 mhd maps and there was discussion that those not tapering until really close redline (Im not 100% sure). Before stage2+ I was stage 2 (v.10) and boost target was 15psi flat across and it didnt look bad coz my boost was near 14psi high rpm(6k-6.5k). Im gonna check boost leaks and check my rear turbo wastegate adjusment coz those rattle when let of throttle but not so crazy. If there no boost leaks or any problem I gonna try olders maps which tapers boost target better.

Huntteriii

Jun 10, 2023
Recently my turbos have the same whine sound at low rpm. Also down on power like 10kw according to virtual dyno comparing to older logs. Even now it's winter here i would expect more.

Gotta be some turbos wear happening here aswell.
Thanks for answer. It could be that these old stock turbos not gonna hold boost in higher rpm. Im gonna check leaks at least and adjust wastegate first.