F3X BM3 Stage 1 Tune, Blew up Charge pipe and MAF

RobBMW4Life

Apr 15, 2019
Hey Guys,

I did the bm3 stage 1 tune. My charge pipe blew up and damaged the MAF sensor. The dealer wants $400 for a new maf. Do you guys know where I can get a aftermarket one for cheaper? Or used?

Thank you

CNM135i

Lurker
Nov 14, 2018
You mean the MAP sensor. MAF is on the intake pipe. Have you tried your local scrap yard? I bet you can get one for 50 bucks there. Consider getting the N20 version so you are ready for a future turbo upgrade.

RobBMW4Life

Apr 15, 2019
You mean the MAP sensor. MAF is on the intake pipe. Have you tried your local scrap yard? I bet you can get one for 50 bucks there. Consider getting the N20 version so you are ready for a future turbo upgrade.
Thanks, why can the n20 hold more? I think normal is 3.5 bar, is that one 4 bar or something?

Also, is it just plug and play or do I need to do anything to let the dme know if i go with the n20 version?

CNM135i

Lurker
Nov 14, 2018
Thanks, why can the n20 hold more? I think normal is 3.5 bar, is that one 4 bar or something?

Also, is it just plug and play or do I need to do anything to let the dme know if i go with the n20 version?
There is a setting in BM3 to use N20 TMAP. Not needed unless you go above 20psi though.