CIC MDrive Menu Coding

R.G.

Lieutenant
Nov 17, 2016
Henderson, NV
Ride
E92 335, F10 M5
Aus

Have you used Dummy? Holy sht that software makes coding and experimenting so much damn easier

I’ve coded the Mdrive settings in to CIC. I have a snap shot pic somewhere. That’s the easy part, how to get it to do something is a different story tho. Same goes for ambient lighting and the RR spirit of essence hood emblem retract. No emblem pops up :(

aus335iguy

Colonel
Nov 18, 2017
Down under
Ride
335i DCT 2009
I prefer the coding tool but dummy also works well. In some circumstances i prefer it. experimentation for example because it shows all of the values that you could select... great tool!

dyezak

Major
May 4, 2017
Plano TX
Ride
335is
According to our Yogi from Aussi that I spoke with on the phone this weekend, CIC options won't go active (fully active) until we have all the modules in place sending the correct PT-Can signals that it expects. Example:

He was enabling MDM on an M3...you could enable the CIC servotronic menus and they would be dead (exactly like we are experiencing). Servotronic menu does nothing until you get the correct SZL (clockspring). No shit...a clockspring made the CIC Servotronic menu work (also made MDM work).

He believes we need the M3 DSC for the CIC menus to be fully functional.

I will know soon enough :)

Reactions: aus335iguy