Cylinder 6 injector fault

335i_Jordan

Sep 23, 2023
Hi people, recently purchased a 2006 335i which unfortunately is giving me lots of trouble!

1. I have a fairly large oil loss problem (1litre every ~500 miles) which I believe is coming from both the oil pan gasket and valve cover gasket, and probably other places too!

2. Pre-cat O2 sensors need replacing, potentially post-cat too.

3. The problem that is confusing me the most and am hoping for some advice on... drove the car approx. 40 miles to work without an issue. Leave car parked up all day, start her up and start driving home, roughly 20 miles in to the journey the car stuttered whilst exiting a roundabout, and then half engine check light came on, car shaking violently with no power. Pull into a layby, read codes and get one code

2E35: DME, FUEL INJECTOR, cylinder 6, activation.

Restart the engine and runs fine, continue journey, exactly same happens again. Every time restarting the engine, car runs fine.

I have barely driven the car since, except for test driving after checking the cable connection to injector 6, which appears fine. The engine is not running particularly poorly, however under heavy load (uphill or heavy acceleration) the car will stutter, at which point I reduce throttle to avoid the check engine light coming on.

Has anyone here come across the fault code 2E35 before? Am I looking at a failed injector, wiring issue or a problem at the DME?

Many thanks in advance

Sava666

Corporal
Dec 14, 2020
Hi people, recently purchased a 2006 335i which unfortunately is giving me lots of trouble!

1. I have a fairly large oil loss problem (1litre every ~500 miles) which I believe is coming from both the oil pan gasket and valve cover gasket, and probably other places too!

3. The problem that is confusing me the most and am hoping for some advice on... drove the car approx. 40 miles to work without an issue. Leave car parked up all day, start her up and start driving home, roughly 20 miles in to the journey the car stuttered whilst exiting a roundabout, and then half engine check light came on, car shaking violently with no power. Pull into a layby, read codes and get one code

Restart the engine and runs fine, continue journey, exactly same happens again. Every time restarting the engine, car runs fine.

I have barely driven the car since, except for test driving after checking the cable connection to injector 6, which appears fine. The engine is not running particularly poorly, however under heavy load (uphill or heavy acceleration) the car will stutter, at which point I reduce throttle to avoid the check engine light coming on.

Has anyone here come across the fault code 2E35 before? Am I looking at a failed injector, wiring issue or a problem at the DME?

Many thanks in advance
Seems you have a broken ring land. Happened to me on a stop light lol 2 years ago. also number 6, You can find them in the oil pan.

• Funny
Reactions: SlowE93

Sava666

Corporal
Dec 14, 2020
G

Many thanks in advance
Get your #6 plug out and if it completely soothed with oil - bingo, you're done.